Status: COMMENTS=UPDATES thanks :)

The Staal Sister

It's Not A Question

Dani:

"Need help?" Kris asked me as I taped my stick. I stayed silent but shook my head no. I still felt out of it. I was sitting in my stall, all suited up for the game.

"You okay?" I looked over at Evgeni and shot him a weak smile.

"I'm fine, Geno. Don't worry about me." He looked at me for a few more seconds, obviously concerned.

"It's in my job description to worry." Jordan strode over and was even taller in skates than his usual 6'4. He looked down on me, looking like a giant because I was still seated.

"Your concern is flattering, really, but I'm fine. Dont get your panties in a twist. I'm a big girl, I can handle myself." I spoke stubbornly, forcing the sickness down. Jordan threw his hands up, quite clearly frustrated. Not that I could blame him.

"Danielle Krane, will you tell me what's bothering you?" I looked at Kris strangely for using my weird middle name. How did he even know that? My mum always said it was after a dead relative or something.

"I'm fucking fine! I'm just sitting here, preparing my shit for the game. Why do you all think something's wrong?" I spoke so only he could hear me and he just stared at me, trying to pull something from my eyes. I really was okay. Just uneasy.

I tried another approach. I stood up and plopped down in his lap. We both had all of our equipment on, excluding gloves and helmets. I ran my fingers through his soft hair, not caring where I was and who was in the room. At this moment, it was just us.

"Listen, I just have a bad feeling. Maybe I just had some bad food and that's why I feel nauseous. I dont know but I'm all good. I wanna go kick some Bruin ass." I kissed him softly before I felt a pair of strong pair of arms lift me off Kris and set me back in my stall. Jordan walked back over to his stall without a word.

"Stay in that stall, Staal." A couple guys chuckled at my stupid joke and Jordan ignored me. I gave Kris a reassuring smile and a jab to the stomach before we headed out of the locker room. By then, I passed off that feeling as nerves. Or paranoia. But I was fine. Right?

*·~·*·~·*·~·*·~·*·~·*·~·*·~·*·~·*·~·*·~·*·~·*·~·*·~·*·~·*·~·*·~·*·~·*·~·*·~·*·~·*·~·*·~·*

"Of course it was a tough loss, but when is losing not tough?" Brad Marchand told the interviewer as he struggled to catch his breath. We had won 3-2 after a crazy third period.

"How did it feel to play against their new rookie, Danielle Staal? Did anyone of your guys act differently because she is a woman?" Everyone in the locker room quieted down to listen to the TV we had in the room.

"Princess?" His eyes were shining with mischief now. I inwardly groaned at my new nickname they had obviously given me. "She's a great player and tough to get past. I certainly did not go easy on her and I don't think anyone else did. Except maybe Tyler. He's a sucker for a beauty with a body." Why, why, why was he saying all of this?

"Well then. Thank you, Brad." Brad winked at the camera and mouthed 'Hi Princess'.

I looked away from the TV to find everyone looking at me, even coach who had stuck around to watch what they had to say.

"Cozy with the Bruins, aren't we now Princess?" James Neal teased me and I smiled. The men on that team were honestly good people from what I'd seen and heard.

"Fuck off. Theyre good people." I defended. What I was defending exactly? I don't know.

"The enemy, babe, They're the enemy." James said.

"I'm pretty sure that's the Flyers. When Chara dropped you, did you hit your head?" James scowled at me while I smirked.

"The question is, do you realize you play for the Pens and not the Bruins?" Jordan gave me a look while I untied my skates.

"You guys are ridiculous." I finished getting all my gear off and headed to the shower. Kris getting a couple of stitches put in his wrist, where someoe had accidentally kicked him.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Its beautiful!" I sighed as we looked at the water. It was dark but still perfect. I missed this place. The rest of the team was still showering so I grabbed Kris to go for a walk.

"I know you are." He muzzled his face into my neck and drew me closer to him. I shut my eyes and enjoyed the slight breeze.

My eyes flew open when I heard a high pitched scream come from far behind us. That scream held so much terror. I pulled from Kris' arms and bolted towards the noise, fixated on ending the stricken fear of that voice.

"Danielle!" I heard Kris' voice from behind me as I ran like my ass was on fire. The nauseousness was back and I picked up the pace even more.
♠ ♠ ♠
223 reads on last chapter and 3 comments? Math may not be my thing but...

Thoughts?