Status: COMMENTS=UPDATES thanks :)

The Staal Sister

A Lesson Learned In Time

Dani:

I ran. I ran harder than I ever had. I heard Kris screaming from behind me and a girl screaming in front of me. I didnt like the panic evident in Kris' voice but the screaming from a little alley had just stopped and my heart nearly stopped with it. I turned the corner and saw an old, beaten up car with a man standing beside it.

I ran as silently as I could and saw that a tall girl was wrapped in his arms. She was thrashing around, kicking and clawing at him. He struggled to open the car door while restraining her.

When I got close enough, I caught the guy off guard and punched him in the nose. Pain surged through my hand and warm blood sprayed from his now broken nose onto my face. He shrieked and his hands instinctively flew up to his nose. During this, his grip loosened on the sobbing girl who looked to be about 14 years old. I grabbed her by her arm and yanked her behind me.

The man looked up and met my eyes. He was in his mid thirties, not unattractive. His eyes were cold and a prominent scowl on his face. Maybe it was just because I just broken his nose. That would piss anyone off. He deserved it.

Someone pulled me back and I fought forward until I realized that it was Kris. Kris looked over me checking for any injuries and the man took advantage of us being distracted.

He jumped forward and I felt a burning pain on the side of my face. Kris growled and pushed me back hard as he repeatedly punched the man until he fell. When he did fall, Kris began to kick him relentlessly in the side. The man finally stopped moving and was unconscious. Kris spun around and held my face in his big hands. His eyes widened and began to look panic. I felt something warm pouring down my face and I touched the side of my face. I pulled my hand away and gulped at the amount of blood on my fingers. The bastard cut me. I looked down on the unconscious man and noticed the shining metal knife glinting from the moonlight in his hand.

"Kris, I'm okay." I lied and he still looked murderously angry. His jaw clenched and I pointed to the knife in the mans hand as I pulled away from Kris. He bent down and picked up the knife, switching the blade down and stuffing it in his pocket.

My eyes flew around the dark alley and stopped on the girl with her knees pulled into her chest. I slowly approached her, my maternal instincts kicking in. I felt the need to comfort her, to keep her safe.

She flinched when I knelt down beside her. Blood dripped onto the concrete and I hastily whiped it back. I hissed through my teeth as the nasty gash came in contact with my hand. I could already tell it was deep by all of the blood , but I'd survive.

"You're bleeding." The girl stated weakly and I smiled at her.

"Hmm, I didn't know." I widened my smile when she giggled. She was a fairly pretty young girl when she smiled. I felt a tap on my shoulder and Kris was shirtless, holding his balled up shirt to my face. I winced when it came in contact and placed my hand over his.

"The police are on their way." He announced and smiled gently at the girl. She was looking at him like he was going to hurt her but she smiled back, seeing that he was not a threat.

Her smile quickly slipped away and she started crying again. I frowned as I remembered how I felt so horrified after I was… abused. I felt so alone. I didn't think she had been but it was obviously going in that direction.

I sat down and pulled her into my lap. She instantly curled into me and cried into my shoulder. I rubbed her back softly and quietly told her that everything was going to be alright. The blood was already soaking through Kris' t-shirt and the warm blood was on my fingers. I looked up to see Kris looking like a god in the moonlight, his chiseled body appearing very pale.

"What's your name, sweetheart?" I spoke gently, when she was only sniffling.

"Talia. Talia Chara." I felt my breath hitch. I remembered seeing Talia on the ice after the Bruins won the Cup. This was the Captains daughter. I looked up to see Kris' expression. He looked sick. Just how I felt.
♠ ♠ ♠
what do you think? dont be silent.