Status: COMMENTS=UPDATES thanks :)

The Staal Sister

Try Not To Fall Apart

Dani:

I sat in the back of an ambulance, in back of the TD Garden. The door was open and I was sitting upright on a stretcher, the ambulance being parked in the parking lot. The kind paramedic assured me he could clean me up in the ambulance and not make me go to the hospital. Just the thought of hospitals made me shudder. They freaked me out.

"Jeez, girl, that knife got you deep." The paramedic told me as he gently held my face in my hands. Kris sat right next to me and had both of my hands in his, resting on his knee. He was nervously tapping his foot. Jordan gave him one of his shirts so he had one of them on now.

Talia was with her father. She ended up having a broken rib and went to the hospital. She was one tough cookie for not evening wincing during that.

Zdeno was an absolute mess. He looked like he was about to blow up. I'd never seen the usually placid captain so worked up. The rest of the Penguins went back to the hotel, only Kris staying with me. Dan practically had to drag Geno and Jordan back. They didn't want this to blow out of proportion. Jordan had already called a lot of attention by screaming at anyone and everyone. When he someone he loves gets hurt, he doesn't act calmly and reassure them they are going to be okay like you're supposed to. He gets really mad and loud. It's his stressful way of showing he cares.

"I have to go grab something from the other ambulance. I'll be right back." The paramedic informed me and I nodded.

"Are you really okay?" Kris asked me for the billionth time tonight.

"Yeah, I am. Stop worrying about me." I looked into his big brown eyes.

"I can't help it. When the guy cut that beautiful face of yours... I wanted to kill him." An angry look glazed his eyes over. I moved one of my arms around his waist and pulled him closer to me. The uninjured side of my face was resting on his shoulder.

"I'm perfectly okay. Just a few stitches. I've seen worse things happen to you." I reminded him and I could feel him shake his head.

"It's not nearly the same. You're..." He was at a loss for words but I had a feeling of what he was planning on saying.

"A woman? I pushed 2 babies out at the age of 16. This just feels like a paper cut." I lied. It stung but I'd felt worse.

"I wasn't going to say that. You know I respect you more than anyone in this league. You're just so.. You. I don't know how to explained it." I picked my head up to look at him.

"Obviously." I stated drily and the paramedic came back. I smiled at him and noticed the extra gauze in his hands. This was gonna suck but, hey, it was worth it.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"How are you feeling, sweetheart?" I questioned as she walked out of the hospital with her father. He looked like he was going to hurl at any second. Poor guy.

"I feel fine." Talia answered curtly and flung herself into my arms. I caught her and gave her a hug. Zdeno nodded at Kris and Kris nodded back. Psh, men and their weird mannerisms. I'll never understand them and they say women are difficult to understand?

"Danielle, I just wanted to thank you so much... You saved my little girl tonight. I can't even think about what would have happened, had you and Kris not heard my Talia scream. I owe you the world and then some. I am eternally grateful for you both and... Damn I'm sorry." He looked away and I smiled at the giant man.

"If I had to, I'd do it over again. Something similar happened to me when I was 16 and no one was there to help me... It progressed... And... Where's her mother?" I asked,changing the subject. He looked pained all over again and I instantly regretted my question.

"Tatiana left us." He stated simply. I nodded. Jeez, this was all this poor man needed.

We walked over to our cars that were next to each other. Kris had rented one the day before and I was glad now that he did.

"How many stitches did you end up getting?" Chara asked, while closely examining them.

"23." I told him and his eyes widened.

"You're still as beautiful." He told me and I saw sincerity in his eyes. Beauty wasn't a big deal. I had helped someone from going through the hell I went through and sure, I would have one hell of a scar, but physical things don't define what's with in.

"The guy did a great job on the stitches so you should only have a little scar." The cut had gone from my temple to the middle of my cheek.

"It ain't nothin but a thang." I spoke in a southern drawl which made Talia chuckled softly.

"Danielle, I don't mean to be a bother, but can.. Can I stay with you tonight? I'd feel more comfortable with you." I looked into her scared eyes and then up to her father, he looked like he'd just received a blow to the heart. But he nodded anyway.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Talia had now just fallen asleep when there was a gentle rap at the door. She had taken the extra bed in the room and I talked to her until she began to feel better. I really like the kid. She was a sweet girl.

I tiptoed to the door and opened it to find Kris standing there. I smiled at him and he leaned in and pressed a soft kiss to my lips.

"You look the same. Just more character and it'll be better when you get the stitches out. But you'll always be perfect to me." He kissed me again and walked away. I smiled as I watched his ass when he walked away. Oh, the glorious hockey butt.

I went back in and picked up my Kindle and
began reading a mystery that I've been dying to finish. I had just gotten to the part where they found the girls car in the lake when I heard another soft knock. I jumped up and walked to the door, my heart racing to see Kris again, even though we'd only been apart for a short while.

I opened the door. It wasn't Kris.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback for chapters :) what do you think?

Btw, the man who raped Danielle isn't gone. He'll be back.

Kris kind of beat the shit out of the guy in the alley for Chara but only time will tell

Oh and check out the characters list! I updated that! What do you think?