Status: COMMENTS=UPDATES thanks :)

The Staal Sister

***ing Perfect

"I don't want to talk to him. Nothing you say is going to make me talk to him." I told Kris as we sat on the plane. Jordan wanted to talk to me and I couldn't even look at him right now. His words are making me question so much. What if Jack had killed me? My parents would not have had to go through all of the pain I put them through. They didn't deserve what I did to them. I was honestly beginning to think that I was starting to get over this whole thing but... I was lying to myself.

"You know he didn't mean what he said. He was just mad. People say things they don't mean when they're mad." I looked up at him from through my eyelashes. Jordan knew exactly what he was saying.

"He knew exactly what he was saying. Never forget what someone says to you when they're mad. That's when the truth comes out." He pinched the bridge of his nose, looking frustrated. Join the club, buddy. I stood up and walked over to the little fridge they had on the plane. I walked passed Jordan and kept my head held high. I had the right to be pissed at him and I was planning on using it. Just when I though we were making progress, we got into a fight and words are said. Words that cut you deep. Words that haunt you.

"Sit with me for a second, please." Dan Bylsma spoke as I walked by. I said nothing and sat down in the empty seat next to him.

"I overheard what went on between you and Jordan in the hallway. You guys need to work out your shit. I care about both of you and don't want to have to face a hard decision. Okay? I also don't want this to affect how the team plays. If this escalates, we'll have ourselves a civil war. I know some of the guys will pick Jordan and a lot will pick you. Part of our strength is the ability to work with each other so well. Please sort this shit out before it becomes a cluster fuck. Alright, sweetie?" I stayed silent the whole time, nodding when I figured I should. I highly doubt things would go like that. Sure, I knew Kris and Geno had my back but the rest of the guys had been with Jordan for much longer. I was just the new rookie. Apparently I was Kris' girl too, or so Max tells it.

"We just have a lot of family issues. Sorry if we woke you." He smiled and nodded. Dan was a pretty cool guy. I stood back up and grabbed my Pepsi. I grabbed one for Kris and made my way back to my seat. I let out a tiny squeal when someone hooked an arm around my waist and pulled me onto their lap. I looked up and saw Geno's deep brown eyes fully amused.

"You okay?" He asked me and I nodded.

"Brother ass hole." He furrowed his eyebrows and I laughed. Anything he said was adorable, with that broken up English of his.

"Yes, he is. I have to get back to Kris. Text me later, alright?" He nodded and I gave him a peck on the cheek. I climbed out of his lap and finally got back to my seat. Kris was reading a book.

"You can read?" I questioned him, teasingly. He didn't look up but I saw a ghost of a smile on his soft lips.

"Yes, I can read. I'm actually reading in French. Betcha you can't do that." He smirked, sounding smug. I smirked right back.

"Je peux lire en français, vous le cul." (I can read in French, you ass.) His eyes widened.

"Vous pouvez parler en français? Jordanie ne peut pas donc je suppose que vous ne pouvait pas." (You can speak French? Jordan can't so I assumed you couldn't.) I was impressed by his flawless accent. It was actually really deep and beautiful.

"Je l'ai pris à l'école secondaire et juste coincé. Je ne suis pas mon frère." (I took it in high school and it just stuck. I'm not my brother.) He smiled sheepishly.

"Vous avez ramassé un accent sexy. Je l'aime." (You picked up a sexy accent. I like it.)

"I was thinking the same thing about you." I switched back to English. He cupped my face with one hand and leaned down to kiss the top of my nose. I felt my eyelids get heavy. I was in the place between consciousness and sleep when I heard a soft but deep voice.

"Vous méritez le monde, ma beauté. Fais de beaux rêves." (You deserve the world, my beauty. Sweet dreams.)

•••

"MOMMY!" I was ambushed at the terminal by my two bundles of joy. I gathered them both up in my arms and squeezed as I knelt down on the floor. I could hear the confused murmurs of some of the guys who didnt know I had kids.

"How was your trip? I missed you both so much!" I smiled so big my cheeks were starting to hurt.

"We had so much fun! We love Nana and Papa! But we missed you and Kris!" Iris was practically bubbling over with joy. "Nana makes good food." Liam added and I laughed. He sounded just like his uncles.

"KRIS!" Iris yelled out and pulled away from me, running into Kris' arms. He picked her up with a big smile on his face and spun her around. She was infectiously giggling. She whispered something to him and he chuckled.

"Mama, what happened to your cheek?" I looked down at Liam and couldn't help but smile at his concerned expression. He just looked so darn cute.

"Hockey." I told him a white lie, not wanting to expose him to this kind of violence. I heard someone clear their throat and Liam looked up, a big grin on his face.I looked up and my breath hitched. I calmed when I realized that it wasnt Jack.

"Justin Urso." I stood up, holding Liam. "Never thought I'd see you again." He laughed nervously.
♠ ♠ ♠
please please PLEASE don't be silent!

thoughts?