Status: COMMENTS=UPDATES thanks :)

The Staal Sister

Slip Inside The Eye Of Your Mind

"Kris. Come on. Lets just leave. He's obviously too stupid to even talk to." I pleaded as Kris stopped short, his shoulders very tense. I walked swiftly to him and wrapped my arms around his waist from behind. Was I okay with what Justin said? Of course not, I had feelings. I wasn't a sociopath, but I didn't want Kris getting into a fight and possibly arrested over this. He let out a shuddering breath and turned around to face me. His eyes were livid but his face blank. I flashed him a fake smile and he frowned, not buying it for one second.

"He cant just say things like that to you. He doesn't know shit and someone needs to teach the little punk a lesson." He spoke under his breath, trying not to call more attention to us.

"He always looked up to his brother. He's gonna believe whatever lie comes out of his mouth. I'm fine. Really." I forced another smile and he furrowed his brows. He shook his head slightly and I took hold of his hand, leading him out of the cafe. I shot one last look over my shoulder to find the booth we had been in empty. I snorted. Quite unattractively, I might add. Kris followed my gaze and he let out a humorless laugh.

"What a fucking pussy." We reached where Jordan was sitting with Iris and Liam. They both looked up and smiles broke out on their beautiful faces. They were contagious and found myself grinning back naturally.

"Mommy!" They exclaimed and hugged me once again. I kissed them both on the head and left go of Kris' hand, holding their hands instead, Liam on my right and Iris on my left.

"They told me they had fun on the farm with mom and dad." Jordan spoke to me hesitantly. I couldnt look at him right now. I smiled down at my babies.

"Did you have fun with nana and papa?" I inquired and they both giggled. Kris grabbed their bags and ours. I nodded at Jordan without looking him in the eye.

"Danielle..." Jordan sounded so defeated that I had to look up. His eyes held a knowing sadness. I just stared at him.

"Please call me." He pleaded softly. I think this was the softest and most delicate I'd ever heard his voice. I wasn't fooled. You can't tell someone you care about that THEIR lives would have been easier after YOU were raped. He was always going to make everything about him and I should've been used to it by now.

I turned and walked away. I needed time to think. I knew better than to reply when I was angry or make decisions when I was sad. My kids called out their goodbyes to their Uncle Jordan and he did the same.

I walked down the stretch with my beloved children by my side and Kris, who I already cared deeply for. If you asked me where I thought I would be now a year ago, I would have told you things would be awful. I lost so much hope in everything for such a long time. I was finally finding myself. I couldn't lose myself again. I dont think I could recover from that twice.

I had my car with me so I drove Kris home. He kissed my cheek softly before saying goodbye to my dolls. They cheerfully said goodbye and Iris added in that she already missed him. I found myself smiling at that.

···§···

"So did you meet any new friends up at Nana's and Papa's?" I questioned them as I cooked dinner. I was making spaghetti, seeing as it was the only thing in my kitchen. Iris and Liam were drawing happily and telling me all about their adventures. I'm glad my parents got to get to know them. I couldn't help but feel guilty about them not knowing their grandchildren for the first 3 almost 4 years of their life.

"We met Jimmy and Leyla. They lived next door and were fun to play with." Iris informed me brightly and Liam nodded in agreement.

"Mommy, can I ask you somethin'?" Iris spoke hesitantly and I shut off the stove the pasta being done. I sat across the table from them and I smilled at her, signaling for her to continue.

''Why don't we have a daddy? All the other kids have mommy's and daddy's." Liam asked me before Iris could but she nodded, letting me know that is what she was going to say. I had no idea how to respond. I knew these questions were going to come eventually, I just didn't think they would come this soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the wait. just haven't been motivated to write.

feedback motivates me :)

comments?