Status: COMMENTS=UPDATES thanks :)

The Staal Sister

Break

"Sweetheart…" My mother trailed off as we sat down in the restaurant. I sat next to Jared and Liam. Jordan, my parents and Iris were on the other side. Our group was too big so Eric had a chair, sticking out into the aisle.

"Yes?" I answered, trying to be polite. I knew the questions were going to come now.

"I told myself this everyday, if I ever saw you again, I wouldnt ask you why you left… but if it was because of these sweet children, I wouldve helped you." Her eyes swelled up with tears. There was nothing worse than seeing your mom cry. Well, almost nothing.

"I… Partially." They waited for me to elaborate but I didnt.

"Whore." Jordn hissed but it was loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Jordan, dont speak to OUR baby sister like that." Eric sounded deadly serious. I felt a stab of pain from hearing that.

"I'm just saying what I know very well what everyone else is thinking. She didnt even have a boyfriend." He bit out. He had no idea how much his words hurt. Or how wrong he is.

No one said anything. No one said they hadnt been thinking that. No one denied it.

"The guys on my team are going to have a field day with you. It'll probably take you a day to go through all of them." His face was contorted into an angry on.

"Jordan!" My father snapped, glaring daggers at him. Not wanting to be falsely accused of shit that happened under their roof, I asked Jared to move so I could take a breather. I was not acting like hockey player right now, I was acting like a pathetic 16 year old girl who couldnt deal with what happened. Not that they knew or suspected it. I had it all bottled away, deep inside of me. They were just taunting for it to slip out. It just couldnt.

I sat on the little bench outside. I felt helpless, like I had that night, nearly 4 years ago.

After a couple of minutes, I put my big girl panties on and walked in to find a happy family, one I felt like I didnt belong in. Iris and Liam were laughing, everyone else with them. I felt so much joy with these people at one point. I felt so complete and never alone.

In a matter of months, I felt so completely alone. It was tough to feel alone in a crowded room, but I managed it. I feel like that now even though I thought I was over what happened.

He took more than one thing that night. He took my family, whom I could barely look in the eye back then and now. I could list thousands of things.

How could one person take away your own self? That question haunts me every day.

---§---
♠ ♠ ♠
loving the love you guys are showing me! Thanks for the feedback. Keep it up!

This chapter was a little sad at the end for me, it hit a place close to home.

Comments for updates!

-K<3

Love you guys!