Status: COMMENTS=UPDATES thanks :)

The Staal Sister

Don't You Know You Might Find

Danielle's POV:

"Every family is different." I told them as they looked up at me with confused expressions. "I love you both so much." They smiled in sync.

"We love you." Iris spoke for them both and then narrowed her eyes. "But do we have a daddy?" She questioned as she cocked her head to the side. They were both ridiculously smart. It scared me sometimes.

"Everyone has a daddy." I stated, not really wanting to go in depth. They'd have health class in 10 years to deal with that.

"Why isn't ours with us?" She narrowed her eyes and her bottom lip began to quiver, looking to be on the verge of tears. "Did he not love us?" A lone tear escaped her beautiful blue eye before I stood up and quickly pulled her into my arms, sitting in the chair that she had been in. She curled into me and I felt her tears on my neck. I felt my chest tighten as Liam stood up and rubbed his sisters back, gently comforting her. I reached out and tossled his light hair with the arm that wasnt wrapped around Iris.

"He wasn't nice to mommy." I spoke hesitantly, honestly having no clue of how to explain this. They let it go.

"Can we watch The Lion King?" Liam begged after we ate dinner. I nodded and Iris squealed in happiness. I laughed right along with her. I'm not afraid to admit that I love The Lion King. Its a fabulous movie. Teaches a lesson too.

They bounded into the room after changing into their pajamas. I put in the movie and they sprawled out on the couch, watching intently. I sat in the recliner and zoned out for a while.

After a while, I looked over to see that both Iris and Liam were passed out on the couch. Liam was hanging off the couch at a really weird angle and Iris was sitting straight up, looking awfully peaceful.

I picked Iris up gently and padded down the hall way, placing her delicately in her bed. I quickly returned and did the same with Liam. I kissed both of their heads and murmured how much I loved them before silently slipping out of the room. I walked down the calm hallway and couldn't help but feel a loneliness descend over me.

As I was about to shut off the TV, I stopped short when I heard the dialogue. I closed my eyes and let the words sink in.

"Oh, yes the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it." I felt all of the walls I built up, protecting me from myself, come crashing down all around me. I stumbled back to my room blindly, collapsing on my bed, trying not to fall apart. I thought over everything.

Liam and Iris deserved more. They deserved much, much more. They deserved two parents, who loved them and each other. They deserved someone more stable than me.

Kris has been nothing but a sweetheart to me and I feel like I can't return it to him, no matter how much I want to.

I have failed my family so many times. I've caused so much hurt everywhere. The guilt was eating at me.

The cruel words of Jordan and Justin were painful but Jordans more so, because I care way too much about what he thinks. I always had.

I started sobbing softly, with burning tears running down my face. The feeling of not being good enough was mocking me and hitting me relentlessly in the chest, making it hard to breath. The quiet sobbing escalated to the point of painful wails. I was getting out all of the emotion I felt with the past few things that happened but it only hurt more.

It was getting harder and harder to breathe.
♠ ♠ ♠
I accidentally posted the uncompleted chapter but finished it and here it is.

Feedback is crucial so I know how to accommodate the story to your liking.

Hardly getting any feedback lately. Thank you to the lone commenters on the past few updates. If you want me to continue writing, I need to know what you think!

ENJOY !