Status: COMMENTS=UPDATES thanks :)

The Staal Sister

A Better Place To Play

Kris:

"KRIIIIIIIS!" A voice shouted and I rolled out of bed, wacking my head on my bedside table. I muttered out a curse before quickly jumping to my feet, running downstairs, expecting to find a serial killer or something.

I got to the kitchen to find Sylvie sitting there, a smirk on her face.

"Are you okay?" I panicked, looking around the room. She laughed out loud and I glared at her.

"Why wouldn't I be?" She questioned between laughs. I plopped down in the chair across from hers.

"Well, you were screaming bloody murder." I bit out and rubbed the back of my head, feeling a sticky substance on it. I examined my hand. Blood. I glared at her and she laughed again.

"God, Syl! I thought someone was breaking in or something. You scared the shit out of me." She just smirked again.

"Why are there stitches on your girlfriends face?" She asked and I detected the note of hatred in her voice. I propped my elbows up on the table and put my chin in my palms.

"It's a long story. Aaand none of your business, little sis. She's just my friend." I knew I was lying to myself. She was far from just a friend to me. I know she had a lot of shit on her plate and really didn't know how to approach the subject without sounding desperate. She just mesmerized me.

She screwed up her face in a disgusted expression. "Hmmmm, yeah. 'Just friends'." She made air quotes and rolled her eyes. "Should've figured she'd put out." She spoke defiantly, like she knows it all.

"You don't know anything about her, Syl. She's a nice girl. She really is. I don't want you giving her shit for the time you are staying here." I gave her a look to let her know how serious I was.

She snorted and rolled her eyes again. I was completely perplexed by this girl, who had once been my sweet little sister who would've adored Dani. "I can't believe you turned into one of those guys who says a girl is 'nice' just because she's pretty. She'll probably cheat on you with that sexy captain anyway." I narrowed my eyes at her.

"We aren't dating. Plus, she's so much more than just a pretty face. She's smart, loving.." I trailed off when she started laughing hysterically.

"You sound like a fucking chick! You're already whipped, my brother." She laughed out. I did kinda sound like a chick though.

"Watch your mouth." I scolded automatically and she stopped laughing and her nostrils flared. She always did that when she was pissed.

"You aren't my fucking father. You drove him away." She spat out and swore again, probably just to bug me. The comment about the father thing heated me. She knew it would.

"Sylvie, don't bring him into it. I did my best to protect you, mom and the boys. I'm sorry you think it's my fault he's gone but I'm not sorry for doing it. He had it coming to him." I hissed out the last part. She swallowed and looked away from me, blinking away tears. I felt a stab at my heart at the sight. I stood up and walked to the other side of the table, placing a hand on her shoulder. I wouldn't become the brother to hurt her. I wouldn't become Jordan. I loved her and didn't want her to push me away.

"Syl… I'm sorry. You just dont remember him the way I do. You were only a little girl." She sniffled and continued to blink away the tears. She had a problem with showing her emotions. She tended to keep them all bottled up inside.

"It's okay to be upset." I told her quietly. She hastily wiped the few tears that managed to escape. "It's okay to cry. I forget sometimes that it's still hard on you, even though you were only a child. I'm so proud of you, all of you. Even Paul and Will." She looked up at me and smiled slightly, tears still swimming in her hazel eyes. This was the kind sister I remembered.

"Are we interrupting a loving sibling moment? Aww." As if on cue, Paul and Will bounded into the room. I shook my head at them before kissing the top of Syls head.

"Did nobody cook breakfast? The fuck is this shit?" Paul whined and I narrowed my eyes at him. When had they started swearing so much?

"Watch your mouth." I warned before hunting through the kitchen, looking for something to feed them with. It wasn't looking to promising.

"Practice what you preach, biznotch." I turned around and raised my eyebrows at Will, in a questioning manner. Biznotch?

"You are so retarded, William. And it's slang, Kris. American slang." Syl explained as she sipped her water. I nodded like I had a clue what they were saying. I found some cereal and chucked it at Paul, who caught it with ease.

"Okay, now that you fiends have some grub, I'm going to take a shower." I told them as they poured cereal into their bowls.

"No one cares." Paul said and I shrugged.

"Daniele is coming over soon so try not to trash the place." Paul and Will fistbumped and Syl let out an angry noise.

"Does that bitch have to come over?" Aaaand the cold Sylvie was back.

"Yep." I answered shortly and walked down the hall towards my bathroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really like this for some reason. Amount of feedback makes me sad :( comment?

Why do you think Sylvie dislikes Dani? And what do you think is up with the Letangs father?