Status: COMMENTS=UPDATES thanks :)

The Staal Sister

You Say That You've Never Been

Kris' POV:

"Good morning." I greeted Dani as I opened the door. She gave me a heart stopping smile.

"Morning, Kris." She said and stepped inside, Iris and Liam each holding her hands. I smiled down at the two kids and Iris let go of her mothers hand, hugging my leg. I laughed before picking her up. They really were the cutest kids.

"Kris! I missed you! I haven't seen you in forever." I laughed again, I really was happy that they liked me. I knew Dani would kick me to the curb in an instant if they didn't. They were both great kids.

"It was just yesterday, Rissy." I used her nickname, which got a big grin out of her. I looked down at Liam, who had a big frown on his face.

"What's wrong, buddy?" I squatted down so I was at eye level, putting Iris gently on the floor. Dani took off her coat and then took off Iris'.

"Tired." He stated shortly and made a face when Dani unzipped his coat.

"You can take a nap if you want." Liam scrunched his nose. I smiled gently. "We promise not to throw any parties while you're asleep." He walked past me and into the living room. I laughed at his boldness and Danielle shook her head. Dani walked in after him and Iris reached up to hold my hand. I looked down at her and took her little hand in my large one.

Sylvie was sitting up on the couch, looking at Liam. She gave Danielle a perplexed look, who was sitting on the opposite couch with Liam on her lap.

"You have a kid?" She sounded baffled and hadn't noticed Iris and I walk into the room.

"Two, actually." I answered her question and Sylvies head snapped over towards me. She stared at Iris in awe, who smiled shyly at my sister.

"They're beautiful." Sylvie spoke sincerely and kept on flicking her eyes between Liam and Iris.

"Thank you." Danielle smiled softly at my sister. Sylvie nodded briskly and turned her attention back to the TV. I shook my head at her. I could tell she was forcing herself to be rude to Dani. This just wasn't her style.

"I have to go get something. I'll be right back. Go sit with Sylvie." I whispered to Iris and she trotted over to the couch and sat next to Syl, who smiled at her and began talking. I walked to the kitchen.

I opened up the fridge and grabbed a Gatorade. I jumped a little when I felt arms wrap around my waist but relaxed when I recognized Dani's clean scent.

"Hey." I turned around and she let go of me, smiling slightly. I still wasn't used to being able to look a girl directly in the eye. They were always shorter than me, not that I was overly tall or anything. She was just tall, like her brothers.

"You don't really look like your brothers." I mused. She chuckled quietly.

"Thank god." She joked and I grinned at her. Apart from the hair color and the blue eyes she shared with Jordan, I didn't see the resemblance.

She stepped around me and took a water bottle from the fridge, taking a sip. Her hair was thrown up in a ponytail and she was wearing sweatpants and a t shirt but she couldn't have looked more beautiful for me.

I heard Iris' infectious giggle and looked to the living room from the cut out space in the wall that saw into the living room. Sylvie had a big smile on her face and was laughing right along with Iris.

"I think they like you more than they like me sometimes." I glanced over at Dani and she was still smiling at me. I noticed bags under her eyes.

"All they really have is you. You mean the world to them. And vice versa." I told her. "Liam isn't the only one who had trouble sleeping last night." I stated and she looked away. My eyes flicked over to the couch where Liam was sprawled out, fast asleep.

"I'm fine." I saw the pain behind her smile but decided to leave her alone right now. If she wants to talk about it, she will. I told myself over and over again.

"How about I take you to dinner tonight?" She looked over at the kids. "Sylvie can watch them." She gave me a look. "She's really good with kids and usually nice. She's just a pyscho bitch to you."

"I heard that!" Sylvie hollered and glared back at me. I shot her a pleading look and she nodded.

"She's fine with watching them." Dani hesitated.

"Okay. Sounds like a plan." I grinned like I had just hit the lottery. In a way, I did. I didn't need any money. I just needed her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Easter!

Comments?

Sorry for the filler but I'm just not sure how I want to carry out Kris' and Dani's relationship. If you have any ideas, I'd love to know them.

I'm also planning a Staal family event soon.

Drop a comment!