Status: COMMENTS=UPDATES thanks :)

The Staal Sister

But All The Things That You've Seen

"I'll have a burger, medium well, with a side salad." Danielle ordered and handed the menu to the waitress. We eneded up going to a diner, Dani not wanting to do a big dinner. I was perfectly fine with whatever she wanted to do.

"I'll have the same thing. Thank you." I thanked the waitress, eyes still locked on Dani.

"You look beautiful." I spoke truthfully, even though she hadnt done anything too special. She had jeans and a penguins shirt on, her long locks in a ponytail. She blushed softly, giving me a tender look.

"Thank you." She smiled, our eyes still locked. I was glad Danielle she wasnt one of those girls who denied compliments, even though everyone could see the truth. "You don't look too shabby yourself, Tanger." She teased but I only smirked back. She never used my nickname. The guys usually did.

"When can you get those stitches out?" I asked as her hand flew up to her cheek. I still wanted to castrate the sick fuck who cut her face and tried to kidnap the little girl. People like him belong 6 feet under.

"Any day now. I just haven't gotten around to it." She shrugged and put her hand in mine, grasping it. I nodded and offered to take them out. I've taken out my fair share of stitches. She accepted the offer and began telling me a story about the twins.

"And then he jumped in the--" Her pretty voice stopped abruptly and she took in a sharp breath. Her eyes were looking past me. I spun around, so I could see what she was looking at. I searched the front of the restaurant, my eyes falling on a certain blonde forward. I looked back at her and her jaw was clenched.

"We can leave if you want..." I trailed off when she glared at me.

"No, we're not leaving. We came here to have a nice meal and I'm not going to let that asshole dictate where I can and cannot go." She fumed and I just nodded, not wanting to upset her more. Women.

"Here's your meal." The young blonde waitress set our food in front of us. "If you need anything else, just holler, okay?" I nodded and smiled as Dani muttered a 'thank you'. She picked absently at her food. I reached over and took her hands in mine, a little awkward from across the table but I didn't give a flying fuck.

"Sweetheart, don't let him stress you out. He loves you." She opened her mouth to protest but I shot her a look, quieting her. "He has a pretty fucked up way of showing it, but he does. I know that he didn't mean what he said in the hallway, he isn't that kind of guy. I think he just... I don't know. You left after you got pregnant, right?" She nodded, her full attention on what I was saying. "He couldn't protect you then and I honestly believe he's kind of afraid to protect you now, so he's trying to push you away so you won't need him. His logic is pretty messed up but that's my input on Jordan Staals pea brain." I added in the last part to make her smile, which worked.

"I don't know... I'm just so sick of his bullshit, ya know?" She sighed and still held onto my hands, stroking my palms with her thumbs. I shivered a little. That girl frustrated me with a simple caress.

"Dani, he's your brother. You can't simply throw him out the window." I laughed but quickly shut up once I noticed the serious expression on her face.

"I've done it before, Kris. Who says I can't do it again?" She whispered , but wasnt talking to me anymore. More herself. I shot her a pleading look.

"Dan, the kids love your family. It wouldn't be fair to take them away from your family, would it?" She shook her head and we continued to eat in a comfortable silence. I looked around the place, my eyes falling on the big blonde oaf. He was chatting up with waitress and he winked at her before slinking away, down a hallway. She looked around, made sure no one was watching, I trotted down the hallway. I laughed out loud, earning a quirked brow from Dani.

"Your brother is fucking the waitress." Her face morphed into a disgusted expression as she whipped around to where I had been previously looking. "I thought you meant you could see it.." She met my eyes again and I coughed, trying to cover up my laughing at her.

"You're a naive little thing, aren't you?" I chuckled as I shook my head. Her cheeks burned.

"I'm your height, doofus." She said and I just shrugged.

"That wasn't the point, princess. You actually think they'd just bust out in the middle of a restaurant?" I questioned and she blushed furiously.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were a virgin." She glared at me and it dawned on me why she was so embarrassed. I opened my mouth but quickly closed it, not too sure how to respond.

"Well, technically I am. My hymen is not intact but it wasn't like I had a choice, Mr. Experience." She lashed out and I knew I deserved it.

"I'm sorry... I wasn't thinking..." I reached over and stroked her cheek and she closed her eyes. She opened her big blues again and looked regretful.

"I shouldn't have flipped, I'm sorry. Just reminds me of how much I'm afraid to let myself do." I pulled my hand back when the waitress made her way back over. Her hair was messier than before and her lips swollen. I fought back another laugh.

"You need the check?" She asked, giving me a huge smile. I nodded but didn't bother returning the suggestive smile. I've had enough puck bunnies to last me 3 life times.

I got the check and paid quickly, not even letting Dani see it. I knew she'd insist on paying half.

We walked past Jordan, who was eating a sandwich, on our way out. He jumped up when he saw it.

"Hi, Dan." He smiled awkwardly and leaned in naturally to hug her. She recoiled slightly and I could see hurt written all over his face before he put up his mask. I knew he was hurting; that's probably why he came here to get his fix with the blonde waitress. "Kris." He nodded to me. I guess I was no longer the friend I'd been to him for the last 3 years, all because I had a thing for his sister?

"Hey, Jordan." I smiled at him, too cheery for the somber mood drowning to atmosphere around us. He gave me a look that told me he thought I was crazy before he sat down, realizing he wasn't going to get Dani to talk to him. Guess I wasn't worth the breath.

We continued on our way to the door when someone called out Dani's name. I turned around when she did, as if someone called my name. It was Jordan, who was standing again.

"Are you coming home for Christmas this year? Mom wants to know." I looked at her, waiting for her answer. She nodded slightly and tugged my hand, getting me to walk with her again.

"A Staal family reunion? Sounds like a good time." I said as we got into my car. She let out a humorless laugh.

"Belching, sweat and fighting with Jordan and Marc? Yeah, it's always been a blast." Sarcasm dripped from every word, her eyes hardening. I leaned over and pressed a kiss to her soft lips, pulling away before she could respond. "You'll be fine." I reassured her as I pulled out of the parking lot.
♠ ♠ ♠
I suck, I know. It's been forever! Finally, a Staal family get together. What do you think is going to happen?

Feedback!

ps: if I get regular feedback, I'm going to start updating this again.

Love y'all :)