Status: COMMENTS=UPDATES thanks :)

The Staal Sister

Thunder Bay Reunion

"Iris! Liam!" I shouted upstairs, waiting for them to come down. It was December 23rd, or as Iris and Liam called it "Christmas Eve Eve."

Soon enough, they bounded downstairs, their little backpacks on their backs. I smiled at the sparkle in their eyes, loving seeing them so excited. I always resented the fact that they never had family to celebrate the holidays with, especially Christmas.

"Come on, mommy. We have to catch the plane!" Liam told me, dragging me towards the door. Kris' car waited out front, all of our suitcases packed in the trunk. He was leaning against the car door, smiling.

"Kris!" They ran in front of me, hugging him before jumping in the backseat of the car, buckling themselves in. I shook my head, thoroughly amused at their joy.

I began walking around the car to get into the passenger seat when Kris reached out, gently stopping me with his arm. I turned and looked into his dark brown eyes, raising an eyebrow.

What? I don't get a hug from you?" He pouted and I chuckled. Seeing a grown man pout was interesting. I wrapped my arms around him and he did the same, warming me up in the cold atmosphere.

He pulled back and kissed my cheek. "That wasn't so hard was it, Danielle?" I smirked and got in the car, Liam making kissy noises and Iris laughing about it.

I can only imagine which Uncle taught him that.

•*•*•

"Uncle Jordan!" They screamed in unison as they saw their uncle waiting across the airport. I watched as they ran over to him, he leaned down and hugged them but his eyes never left me. I turned away and waiting for our luggage

I grabbed the luggage, easily pulling it behind me and made my way over to them. Jordan offered me a small smile but I just looked past him.

Our relationship was like the weather outside: ice cold and windy. It had been weeks since our fight in Boston but I couldn't even look at him without hearing those cruel words.

"Maybe it would have been better if he had killed you that night."

"I can grab the bags for you, if you'd like." He offered a hopeful smile on his face. I just shook my head and he clenched his jaw, looking aggravated.

We got out to the car and soon enough, we were at the Sod Farm. It was painful looking at the house I grew up in because I didn't see it as the house I grew up in. Another thing he ruined for me.

I tried to think of some fond memories, anything at all. All I saw was my bedroom window and my hands started shaking. I clasped my hands together, and took a deep breath. I wasn't going to ruin my children's first real Christmas.

I climbed out of the car and went to get the suitcases. Jordan took Liam and Iris right into our childhood home.

I walked up the walkway to the front door, my knees feeling like noodles. Deep breaths, deep breaths.

"Danielle!" A voice called out from behind me, and I spun around, fully expecting to see some sort of monster

Eric's beaming face was next to mine in an instant. I dropped the bags and was engulfed in his familiar scent. I felt safe with him.

He pulled back and kissed the top of my head. Not many people could do that with my 6 foot height but all of my giant brothers could. It was then when I noticed a pretty blonde girl behind him, smiling at us. Eric noticed who I was looking at and grinned.

"Danielle," he took my hand and led me to the girl. "This is my wife, Tanya." I felt like the worst sister in the world, not knowing he was married. And missing his wedding.

"Nice to meet you, Danielle. I've heard so much about you." I smiled and wished I could say the same.

We walked into the house and everyone was in the living room, looking at the tree. Jordan had arrived here 3 days ago and Jared lived here. Marc and his wife were coming in tomorrow. I haven't seen Marc since I was 16.

"Oh, my baby!" My mom bombarded me with a hug, smelling like vanilla. I squeezed her tight. No matter how old or how I tried to force myself away from everyone, my mother always made me feel warm and loved.

"Oh, you look beautiful." Her eyes sparkled and I gave her a smirk. I hadn't really put on any make up and was wearing sweats. Plus the ugly scar on the side of my face bothered me more than I'd like to admit.

"Thanks, mom." I laughed and she gave me another hug. "I'm going to bed, everyone. I love you all." They all mumbled something and she blew kisses to everyone when she was going up stairs.

"You coming here," my dad spoke from the coach, looking at me intently, "means the world to her. It's been too long without a happy Christmas." He kissed my cheek before going upstairs.

Liam and Iris dragged Jordan somewhere and it was just Eric and I in the living room. I hadn't even noticed Tanya leaving. Eric motioned for me to sit next to him on the couch. And so I did.

"Okay, so here's the sleeping arrangement. Tanya and I will be in my old room, Marc and Lindsey in his and the twins can have the guest room so that way you can have your old room to yourself." He smiled, expecting me to be excited. I faked a smile and looked down at my UGG boots.

Eric had never really known what happened but I knew he was suspicious at one point in time.

"Come on, let's go see your room." He popped right back up and took my hand, leading me up the stairs. We stopped in front of my bedroom door and he opened it without hesitation. My chest tightened as I saw it.

It looked exactly how I left it. The same purple comforter, but I changed the sheets, for obvious reasons. And I stuffed them in the closet. My eyes shot to the closet and I felt nauseous. Eric finally picked up on my unease and then it all clicked.

He pulled me out of the room as quickly as he could, and wrapped his big arms around me. Before I knew it, we were outside, in the freezing air. But I could hardly feel it.

I blinked back tears as he sat us down on the bench outside. "Dani, I'm so sorry. I didn't think and I wasn't sure. I didn't mean to--" I cut him off.

"I know, I know. I just can't stay in this house." I knew he was expecting an explanation of some sort, but my mind was just going a mile a minute. "I'll explain later. I will. Can you drive me to the hotel in town?"

He nodded without hesitation. "Tanya and I can watch Iris and Liam. We want to get to know them better." I nodded. I couldn't be unstable in front of them and he knew it.

"I love you, Dani. You're the best little sister a guy could ever ask for." That brought out a weak smile.

"I love you too. And thank you for understanding. I'll be back in the morning to talk and have a normal Christmas." He nodded and stared into the darkness.

"You can trust me. I'll always do everything I can to help you. This is what big brothers do; protect and love. I have some making up to do, Dani."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm soooo sorry for not updating this! Hopefully, I'll get back on track.

Question: whose relationship, between any of the characters, is your favorite and why?

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!

Thank you all for being amazing :)