Status: COMMENTS=UPDATES thanks :)

The Staal Sister

"My Door is Always Open to You"

I woke up the next morning at 6 a.m, after an awful night's sleep. I wanted to get back to the house as early I could, fully determined to not let this ruin Christmas.

I took a shower and straightened my long blonde hair, making it look longer than it usually did. I put on some light make-up, trying to hide the bags under my eyes.

I sighed in the mirror and gave up. I threw on some leggings, my UGG's and my black North Face jacket. I grabbed my suit case, and made my way down to the lobby of the little Inn. The older woman who rented me the room saw me and smiled. I handed her the room key and thanked her.

"Oh, thank you, sweetie. It's not all the time that we get amazing professional athletes in here." I laughed and shook my head.

"I'm still the same kid who played pond hockey and got beat up by her brothers her whole life. And did my fair sharing of beating them." She laughed and then her eyes focused on something behind me. She face broke out into a grin.

"Oh my dear! Now there's two!" She clapped her hands together and laughed. I furrowed my eye brows in confusion but it all made sense when I turned around.

He was standing in the doorway, looking bashful and adorable. His dark brown eyes met mine and he smiled that beautiful smile of his. My heart swelled at the sight of him.

"Kris!" I squealed as I dropped my suitcase and basically flew into his arms. His strong, warm arms were wrapped around me. He squeezed me tight and kissed the scar on the side of my face.

"Well, aren't you two just the cutest thing!" The woman spoke and I forgot she was there. I smiled at her again and Kris picked up my suit case.

We walked outside, hand in hand. I looked around and saw all of the beautiful snow on the trees; Thunder Bay really was a gorgeous place. I just wished I thought of it's beauty when it was talked about.

"So, Kris," he looked over at me, a ghost of a smile still on his face, "what brings you here? Especially on Christmas Eve?"

He rolled his eyes. "You, of course. My family was going to some tropical island so they celebrated Christmas with me early."

"I'm glad you're here. I'm assuming Eric told you I was at the Inn?" He nodded and a distant look took over his eyes.

"I never really knew what happened that night at the bar; when Jordan destroyed the bathroom. And when you punched Jordan during your first pro game." He smirked a little at the memory but the distant look came back. We were nearly at the Farm. "I just want you to know that you can talk to me about anything. I want you to feel comfortable with me. And that you can trust me." I stopped walking and he stopped with me. I looked into his dark eyes and leaned in to kiss him.

His lips met mine with a little hesitation. His large hand cupped the back of my neck, and I wrapped my arms around his broad shoulders. His warm lips filled my chest with warmth.

He pulled away and smiled. He tugged me forward and we continued walking. That was our third kiss, the giddy 16 year old girl in me screamed.

"Thank you, Kris. You can always talk to me too. My door is always open to you, for talking or anything really." I winked and he laughed, his deep laugh that had enough power to make you laugh along with him.

We strolled up to the front of the house. It was about 7 a.m and the sun was rising. It looked absolutely beautiful.

"Beautiful." He commented as he slid his arm over my shoulders. I looked over and he was already staring at me. I smirked and nodded, knowing he wasn't talking about the sun rise. Kristopher Allen Letang was one of the most charming men I've ever met.

We walked up the front stairs and I almost didn't notice the man with strawberry-blonde hair sitting on the porch, watching us curiously.

"Hello, Eric." I greeted him, feeling a hundred times better than I did the last time I saw him.

"Hey, Dan. I made some coffee, if you want any." I nodded and suddenly felt awkward with Kris' arm around me while my brother glared at him. I was entirely sure I would never feel comfortable with guys around my brothers.

I began to lead Kris inside, hoping to get him through the morning unscathed, but Eric's strong voice stopped me.

"Letang, talk to me." Eric stood up and nodded over to where our rink was, around back. My eyes widened at him and I begged him with my eyes to not doing anything stupid.

Kris looked over at me and smiled, showing he was fine with it. "Yeah, sure, Staal." He kissed my cheek while my brother looked away. Bold move.

Kris shoved his hands in his pockets, following after my brother. I picked up my suit case and walked in the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
KRIS! I love him hehe :)

Please, please tell me what you think!! I love hearing your thoughts and they motivate me to write more quickly !

COMMENT!

And big brothers; can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em!