Status: COMMENTS=UPDATES thanks :)

The Staal Sister

"She's my little sister, not your screw toy."

Kris:

I followed Eric Staal to their backyard and smiled when I saw the little rink in the back. I remember Jordan telling me stories about that rink, always managing to leave out Danielle. I can't even imagine the pain the Staals must've gone through, having their beloved Dani leave at 16 without a trace.

Eric opened the door the rink, walking carefully into the ice. He stopped when he reached the net, picking up a stick and a few pucks. I stood, watching him, as he looked like he was fighting with himself.

He cleared his throat before looking at me. He glared at me for a few seconds as I kept a neutral expression on my face, not wanting to start anything with a man I respected and the favorite brother of Dani.

He looked away and took a hard slap shot at the net, seemingly taking out all of his anger on the puck.

"I used to like you, you know," he began, staring at the net. "Well, I liked you as much as I liked any of the penguins." I had nothing to say so I stayed quiet, hoping he wasn't expecting any sort of reply.

"Do you have a sister, Letang?" He asked me, still looking at the net.

I nodded. "Yeah, I do. Her name is Sylvie; she's 16." Eric walked over to some chairs outside the rink and motioned for me to sit.

"If some hockey player, who is a known player, was going after Sylvie, you'd be suspicious and worried, right?" I nodded as he continued. "Then you can try to understand where I'm coming from. As far as I know, you're a decent guy but she's my little sister, not your screw toy." He looked me in the eye for the first time since we sat.

"My intentions are good, Eric. I genuinely like your sister." I spoke honestly, trying to get through to him. I definitely did not want to get on Eric Staal's bad side.

He shook his head. "That's the thing about intentions," he paused and looked at the lake. "They always start out good. And of course you like her; what's not to like? First female in the NHL, beautiful, kind, smart. I knew this was coming. I was actually betting on Crosby falling for her." He laughed and I smiled, glad he was lightening up.

We stood up at the same time and began walking back to the house, the only sound was our feet crunching on the snow. We were at the door when he stopped and turned to me.

"Just to make this clear, if you hurt her, you're in for a world of hurt. From Jordan, from Marc and from me and my whole team." He lowered his voice a great deal before continuing. "I'll make sure you never play another hockey game again in your life. We clear?

I smiled. "Crystal clear." He nodded and grinned.

"Good luck at your first Staal Christmas, Letang." He laughed as he walked through the threshold. I followed behind him as he led us into the kitchen where Danielle was sitting, glaring at Eric while drinking her coffee. She looked beyond Eric and met my eyes, an apology in them.

I took a seat next to her. "No need to look sorry. Your brother and I just had a friendly chat, right?" Eric nodded, confirming my story.

But she narrowed her eyes at Eric again, obviously not buying what I told her. She didn't have enough time to dwell on that before a sleepy blonde giant walked in the room.

"Morning, everyone." He spoke, his eyes barely open as he walked towards the coffee pot. Eric stiifled a laugh as Jordan walked pass me, not even seeing that I was there. He poured his coffee, adding cream and sugar before taking a big gulp and looking up.

He cocked his head to the side, looking like a confused puppy. "Kris? What are you doing here?" He raised his blonde brows. Before I could answer him, Dani did.

"Obviously not to see you." She gave him a small smile and I was happy to see they were trying to make up. Jordan may be a complete dick 70 percent of the time, but he loved his sister.

"Fair enough, fair enough. Can I get you a cup of coffee, Tang?" I denied his offer and he just shrugged.

"Your loss. Eric may have the shittiest team out there, but he can make some good coffee." I was happy to see that the mischievous glint was back in Jordan's eyes.

Danielle cleared her throat before talking. "Okay, boys, so mom is throwing a big Christmas party and I'm pretty sure she invited the whole town so we have to get ready for it."

She looked over at me and kissed my cheek, which was still cold from the frigid air outside. I smiled at her and saw Eric out of the corner of my eye, slightly grinning at Danielle's joyous smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awe. Eric :)

Okay, sorry for the wait! Thank you to all who commented! I should be updating again soon.

I'm going to be updating my Sidney Crosby fan fic "What Goes Around Comes Around"! If you go to my page and check it out, I'd appreciate it!

Comments! Comments! Comments!

Love y'all