Status: COMMENTS=UPDATES thanks :)

The Staal Sister

Halfway Gone

"I'll see you later! I love you all!" I called back to Ken and my babies. They all yelled different things.
Ken: "You get 'em, girl!"
Liam: "You too! Bring food home!"
Iris: "Love you my mama."

I laughed as I walked out of my new condo in downtown Pittsburgh. Ken was helping out with the kids here until I got on my feet and until he heard back from the University. He was smart. I knew for sure he would get in. I hopped in my car and blasted my iPhone, on my Queen playlist. I couldnt stand new music that occupied teenagers minds nowadays. I'm 19 but I really didnt consider myself a teenager.

I pulled into the arena's parking lot and parked upfront, where the head coach told me to.

With my hockey bag slung over my shoulder and my new Reebok stick in hand, I wandered around until I found a door that said 'Penguins' on it and idled near the front before I walked in. I wasnt nervous to meet the team. Well, maybe I was. But that was overturned by my nerves to see Jordan. I didnt want him to embarass me in front of everyone. But I knew it was inevitable.

The loud banter quickly subsided when I stepped in the locker room. I smiled gently, looking around. They stared at me with wary expressions, sort of like they were staring at a science expiriment that had a tendency to explode. They should be more worried about Jordan.

"Uh, hi. I'm Danielle Staal." I said, as if they didnt already know. Not being arrogant in the slightest, but I was on every paper, magazine and television screen.

"Hello, doll. I'm Max" Max Talbot was the first to move. He got up, half dressed in his equipment, and strode over to me. He kissed me on the cheek and flung an arm over my shoulder. I smiled up at him. People who spoke french were usually friendly. But seeing as this was Max Talbot, he probably wanted in my pants.

"Acting quickly, Danielle?" I looked to my left and saw Jordan with his eyes narrowed. Did he honestly not see Max walk up to ME? It was a little kiss on the cheek. You kiss your grandmother on the cheek too.

"Jordan, shut the fuck up." I snapped back and walked over to my stall. It had my name on it. It was cute.

"I like her already!" Marc-Andre Fleury announced sounding amused. Other people agreed and I shot everyone a weak smile. I put on the bottom half of my equipment and was tying my skates when Jordan walked past, nearly whacking me in the face with his stick. How immature.

"Whoooooooore!" He yelled as he stormed through the door. I was mortified. A few people snickered while the rest gave me funny looks.

"Dont worry about your brother. He's been being an ass for the last week or so." I looked at the man right next to me. Kris Letang. His dark brown eyes gave off a reviving warmth I couldnt help but smile at him.

"I know. You think I'd be used to it by now." I shook my head as we headed on the ice together, doing slow laps around.

"I'm Kris, by the way." He looked a little embarassed and that only made my smile get bigger.

"I know that, silly. Come on, Dan's calling." He caught my eye one last time before we went towards the coach.

Practice was good. Defense and the forwards were separated so Jordan couldnt bother me the rest of the practice. Dan called for a scrimmage at the endd so it was dark practice jerseys against light ones. Kris and I were D partners. He was adorably sweet, unlike I thought he was going to be.

First shift,I popped my mouthguard in and set myself up, in regular hockey position. The puck was dropped and Crosby won it back to Kris. Kris gave me a quick look and slid the puck over, a D to D pass. I took two strides and made a saucer pass to Geno.

Out of no where, someone checked me from behind. I felt like I was being hit by a truck. I went head first into the glass, it shattering on impact. I staggered back and fell back on the ice. That's when the dark spots I was seeing swallowed me whole.
♠ ♠ ♠
so. haha keep up the feedback and I shall update quickly!
Kris Letang<3 love him with a passion!
comment for updates.

-K<3