Status: COMMENTS=UPDATES thanks :)

The Staal Sister

Dont Hold Your Breath

He was in my dreams. Or nightmare last night. I could smell the whiskey on his breath. Just like that night. The way his eyes looked that night. It was all the same. It was like it happened all over again. Its sad that I cant even feel safe in my own head.

Ken dropped me off at the rink this morning, with my car having been towed the previous day. My car was in its new spot, placet and all. That was one less thing I had to worry about.

I woke up and my back felt as if it were on fire. When I finally made my way downstairs, I downed 4 advil. They didnt help.

I continually winced as I dragged my bag into the arena. It hurt like a bitch. I sat down on one of the benches in the lobby and bit my lip to keep from crying.

"Need help?" I looked up to find a smiling Kristopher Letang. I nodded sheepishly but the feminist in me screamed to get my act together and carry the stupid bag.

Kris had one bag on each of his shoulders and I carried both of our sticks.

"Is it your back?" He asked as we walked down the stairs.

"Yeah, but I'm fine." I lied but he saw through it. We walked into the locker room to find it empty. We sat in our respective stalls.

"If your hurt, sit out the practice. Rest up for tonights game." His eyes locked on mine. I shook my head.

"I cant pussy out. That'll give Jordan exactly what he wants." He sighed and it was his turn to shake his head.

"You better not get hurt." He warned and I laughed. He jumped to his feet and pulled me up with him. He spun me so my back was facing him.

Before I knew what was happening, he slipped my Under Armour shirt up to about where my sports bra ended. I didnt pull away or kick him in the place where the sun dont shine like I thought I would. He trailed his long fingers softly along my spine and over some of the purple bruises that inked themselves over my back. I let out a sigh of relief. His touch made them feel better. Maybe I was just imagining it, but I swore it felt better.

"Merde." He swore softly in french as he pulled my shirt back down. "Your brother deserves a lot worse than he got."

Despite the pain I was feeling, emotionally and physically, I felt my heart flutter at his kindness. I slowly turned around and was eye to eye with this kind, beautiful soul.

My arms went around his shoulders and automatically his went carefully around my waist. As we were caught in this warm embrace, I kissed his neck as he rubbed circles into my back. I wish I cold stay like this. With him. Well and my kids.

The door creaked open and in walked Flower, Geno, Crosby, Max Talbot and the one and only Jordan Staal. They stopped laughing when they saw us, still wrapped in eachothers arms.

We slowly withdrew our limbs, taking our time. I laughed at Kris' taunting the guys, especially my brother. The jack ass lost so much respect, in my eyes. Obviously Kris' too.

"Gentlemen." Kris pulled me into his little stall, me in his lap. I snickered at their faces. They were priceless.

"Moving quick, Tanger." Max observed as he sat across the room.

I jumped when my phone rang, so it looked like I awkwardly humped Kris. He made a weird noise and my cheeks heated up.

"Get a room you two." Flower laughed as I stood up, getting my phone from my bag.

"How about no." Jordan snapped as I answered the phone. It was Ken.

"Mommy!" I heard my little munchkins yell on the other line.

"Hello, babies. Whats up?"' I asked with a smile playing at the corner of my lips. They made me happy.

"Put us on speaker. Youre with Kris, right?" Liam said and I gave Kris a questioning glance but put him on speaker.

"Kris!" They squealed and he laughed. The guys looked really confused.

"Hey kiddos. How are you?" He spoke, smiling again. He was always smiling.

"Good! We love the trucks you got us! Thanks! We love you too." Iris added in the last part. He bought them a gift?

"Anytime, I'm glad you like them. I have to get ready now to skate. I'm sure I'll see you later." Kris hung up and I smiled at him.

"You didnt have to--" I started but was interrupted.

"Yes, but I wanted to." He began getting ready and the guys 'ooohed and aaawwed' as I felt my heart quicken.

I was falling for Kris Letang. He didnt know what he was getting himself into.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you think:
suggestions?
pace- too fast? too slow? just right?

comments for updates.

--K<3