Status: comment and subscribe:)

End of Time

Chapter 4

*5 years later*
Nieve climbed the ladders that were leaned against the tall bookcase, she had a stack of books positioned under her arm using the other arm to hoist herself up the ladders to the top shelf. She loved working in the little coffee/bookstore, her friend Tilly opened it and named it Mrs. Lovett’s after Tim Burton’s adaption of Sweeney Todd. Tilly was obsessed with Tim Burton which was probably the reason why she made the uniform be like Mrs. Lovett’s dress.
Nieve blew a strand of her black hair out of her face, she got up on the tips of her toes with her arm outstretched to put two books in their proper place. The bell that hung above the shop door rang as the door opened, Nieve’s immediate instant was to look at the door causing her to lose her footing and grip on the ladder.
“careful Nieve!” Tilly cried from behind the counter before rushing to her friend’s side, she didn’t get there in time but the person who had come through the door had swiftly caught Nieve and set her on her feet. They steadied her and picked up the books she had dropped from the floor.
“quite a fall you had there” they were a man with a black Mohawk and blue eyes that Nieve swears turned red for a split second. He held the books out to her and she slowly took them, his eyes flickered to the bracelet she had on her wrist “nice bracelet you’ve got there”
Nieve looked down at her bracelet “oh, I had this since I was 16. Never really take it off” she laughed softly, there was something different about this man and it scared Nieve to the bone.
She felt Tilly take the books out of her hands and look at her worryingly, she pulled Nieve towards the counter and sat her down on the stool that sat behind it “you know that you should be more careful! I thought you knew that after the accident!”
“accident?” the man was now standing on the other side of the counter from them, studying the small shop but at the same time watching Nieve. She shifted uncomfortably and saw her other friend Rowan walking towards the shop.
“she was in the Creek accident, you know the one with the asshole who drove the girl off the bridge and into the water? Saved himself, the coward. She hit her head pretty hard and lost some of her memories” Tilly said without thinking. She was abit of an air-head.
Nieve played with her fingers and a piece of her dress “do you still have the dreams?” the man asked making her look up from her lap, she noticed that Tilly had went in the backroom leaving Nieve and the man alone
“how do you know about my dreams?” she asked confused and getting more freaked out by the second. The man opened his mouth to answer but was cut out by Rowan coming into the store, he turned around and a slight smile appeared on his face.
Rowan let out a low hiss through her slightly parted lips, her eyes narrowed at the man “what are you doing here, Joshua?” Nieve looked between the two, she had never seen her friend act like this, Rowan stood slightly dominant, almost animalistic as she stared at the man who she called Joshua. It was like watching a predator squaring up to its prey.
The man chuckled slightly, tapping the table with his fingers “looks like I out stayed my welcome” he shot Nieve a smiled “it’s been nice seeing you again Snow” he said over his shoulder as he walked out of the shop.
Nieve eyes followed him out the door and she watched him disappear in to the small town. She looked at the ground confused, he called me Snow, why was that name so familiar?. She knew that they had never met before, if they had then it’s another thing to add to the list of things she can’t remember after the accident.
“that man was weird, I mean his was like what forty? And he caught you, pedo or what?” Tilly said coming back into the main area of the shop. Nieve and Rowan shared a look of confusion
“Tilly that man was our age” Rowan said quietly running a shaky hand threw her dark brown hair.
Nieve zoned out from the conversation, her thoughts kept going back to the man that stood in the shop only a few moments ago. She shut her eyes as an image flashed threw her mind. The image was of a group of men standing in her mother’s living room, the fire lit in the background, there was 6 of them. The image cracked slightly and the face of a man took over it, but the thing was he had no facial features, a hoarse scream shot threw her head. She jumped back and tumbled off the stool
“Nieve! Why are you so clumsy?” Rowan and Tilly came to her side and helped her up “your shift is over anyway maybe you should get some rest”
Nieve nodded and went to the back of the store to get changed into her normal clothes and grab her things. She pulled her pea-coat on and made her way out of the shop, shouting goodbyes over her shoulder.
It was dark as she walked to her brother’s apartment, she could see her breath in the night air. Nieve smiled to herself, winter was coming soon. She continued to walk towards the apartment complex, a gust of wind made her hair whip around her head. For some reason she felt like she was being watched, she looked towards the cluster of trees that stood on her right. She felt the hairs on the back of her neck stand up as she saw something move. “Snow..” the wind hit her again and she heard a man’s voice talked threw it, she turned around and looked everywhere around her but saw nothing out of the ordinary “Snow…” the voice spoke again like a whisper through the air.
That was all it took to make Nieve bolt it to the apartment complex.

“you sure it’s her?” Balz stood watching Nieve run to the building with Chris standing next to him, “Balz? You have to be sure”
Balz nodded “it’s her, it has to be” he place his hand on the tree next to him and looked at Chris “that is the little kid that I found hiding under a bed, tormented every night by nightmares. That is Ange’s Snow”
Chris sighed, his eyes watched one of the apartment’s lights turn on. He wasn’t sure if it was her but then again he didn’t see her face. He knew very well that she feared something that only a mere human can dream of. Nieve was being processed by them the Creatures, the name tasted like poison on Chris’ lips.
“we’ll wait till she’s asleep and we’ll break in to the apartment. Call Angelo, we will know for sure if it is her if we bring him”
Balz nodded “let’s just hope he doesn’t eat me for stalking her” he muttered as he took his phone out, quickly dialing a number. He held the phone against his ear “meet us. Now. It’s Snow”
♠ ♠ ♠
i dont know how to feel about this chapter:/ sort of fillerish
please comment it always helps!