Status: comment and subscribe:)

End of Time

Chapter 8

It was Thursday by the time Jordan finally let Nieve out of his sight. She took advantage of this private time as he had watched her constantly even when they were at work and it bugged her, he had even brought a doctor over to check that she wasn't 'crazy'. Nieve spent most of the day so far in jewellery stores seeing if they could open the locket, she had tried and tried to open it but it wouldn't budge, even the jewellers couldn't get them opened. She was beginning to give up hope.

She had been lost in her thoughts that she didn't realize where she was, well she didn't know where she was. There were a couple stores but most were abandoned, it looked like something from a horror movie. Nieve carried on walking hoping maybe she'll find something as she pulled the necklace from her pocket and took another attempt at opening it, she was totally oblivious to the man walking towards her until he bumped into her shoulder causing the necklace to fall to the ground. They bought knelt down to pick it up but the man quickly held it out to her with a crooked smile and Nieve thought she was looking at Sweeney Todd, before she could think about what she was doing as the man placed the necklace in her hand. She looked at him closely, she had the feeling she had meet him before "Ghost?"

The man stood up and continued walking down the path leaving her still kneeling on the floor watching him. Nieve furrowed her eyebrows before looking at the building beside her, she was sure it wasn't there before. "I really am going crazy." she said as she looked at it more closely as she stood up, she pulled the hood of her coat down just as she saw that it was one of those supernatural stores with jewellery hanging in the window. "Now I’m crazy and desperate." she shook her head before turning the door handle and stepping inside.

Nieve almost choked at the smell of the incense and the faint smell of rot, she glanced at all the strangest bits and bobs that she had ever seen in her life. She had no idea what most of the things were for but her thoughts were soon disregarded as a small plump woman appeared behind the counter.

"Welcome, what can I do for you today miss? A drink of the dead or a protection charm? we have just got some new supplies in if you're interested?" the woman smiled a bright red smile, and it wasn't her lips that were red it was her teeth.

Nieve felt a bit uncomfortable as she stood there with the woman's eyes roaming all over her body, "um, I was just wondering if you had any idea how to open this necklace, I've tried everywhere?" she said pleading slightly as she held the necklace out to the woman.

"It's not a necklace," Nieve near jumped out of her skin as someone spoke to her as they sat in the armchair in the corner behind her, "It's a pocket watch." the man looked at her from over his book. But an image in her mind flashed in Nieve's head of the man standing by a fireplace.

She raised an eyebrow at him before looking back at the necklace, she turned it over in her hand and only then did she notice the small pin at the top where it was attached to the chain. She pressed down on it and it popped over, Nieve could feel the necklace beating in her hand like a heart but she quickly snapped it shut when she felt a hand burn into her wrist.

Nieve looked wide eyed at the old woman whose thumb was burning a symbol into her pale skin, "You saw him! You are one of them!" the woman shrieked and Nieve's head flicked up at the ceiling at the sound of the scattering feet.

"What are you doing?" Nieve cried at the woman. But the woman held on tighter to her and she pulled her wrist away.

"I've waited so long for you to come into my shop!" the woman looked up at the ceiling crying out "I'VE GOT HER! YOU CAN LET ME GO NOW!"

Nieve desperately pulled at the woman as the man stood up behind her, he clicked his fingers and the woman went up in flames, Nieve knew that the woman's screaming will join in her nightmares. The man pulled Nieve to her feet.

"Run! Now, and don't look back!" He pushed her out the door, "Don't tell anyone but Rowan what happened here!"

Nieve ran just as the man told her to, she only went faster as she heard loud bangs and crashing, weird high pitched screams. She screamed as she felt something grab at her, and soon she felt herself falling, crashing to the ground. She was prey to the lion now.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry that i haven't updated in so long but I've been so busy and haven't really had the motivation to write this story but hopefully I'm back on track now! Thank you to everyone who has stuck with this story! the next update will be next week sometime:)
please comment and tell me what you think!