Status: Done <3

Twin Turbo

The Chase Begins

There was a moment in time where Rylie would figure out something terrible about his twin brother. Standing before him, he would finally learn everything. The truth. The cold, hard truth. After 10 years of investigation, his own brother was able to corner him on the roof top of the Hyatt. Bailey was a serial killer.
“So, you’ve finally caught on huh,” Bailey said lowly with a villainous smirk. “Took you long enough.”
Rylie snorted with anger. “You made it too difficult for me.”
“Right. What are you going to do? Now that you’ve caught me.”
Rylie undid the zipper of his leather jacket. The only way to catch someone like Bailey was to chase him. But lord knows how fast he had become since the last 10 years. Rylie threw the jacket on the ground and pulled a pistol loose from his belt. As if Bailey read his mind, he took off toward the edge.
“You idiot!” Rylie screamed breaking into a sprint. “We’re at the top of a building!”
“Not for long.”
Bailey head threw his body forward as his hands grabbed the ledge. Just as Rylie caught up, the other twin had thrown himself into a window, shattering it into pieces. Screams of a young couple filled the dark room. Rylie jumped in after him.
“I’m sorry about this, here!”
A wad of money was thrown into the bed the couple was huddled in. Bailey escaped through the door with the pull of his trigger. He obviously had no time to open it with his hands, or even break through it. Rylie pulled out his gun, ready to fire, but his foe had already turned the corner. He sighed deeply as he started after him. More and more people started to leave their rooms, full of fear, full of confusion. Some started to call the police. But why would they? Rylie was the cop on the job here. Bailey made a sharp turn down the emergency exit stairway, his brother close on his tail. Gun shots were fired. Some missing completely, some bouncing off the walls. Laughter echoed down the spiral, telling Rylie to start running again.
At the end of the stairway, the hotel security were gathered together to form a wall. But somehow, Bailey found a way to break through them. The blades were hidden in his gloves. He kept running, thinking that he had a better chance at running away. But in vain, he was locked in. Rylie made it to the last step.
“Ready to turn yourself in brother?”
“Ha-ha. What do you take me for? An idiot?”
“Well, yes.”
Bailey gave a loud growl and threw himself into the door. He didn’t break through. Or at least, he didn’t the first time. The twin started to jog, getting his gun ready, but Bailey broke through the door before he could even pull the trigger. Rylie swore under his breath and started to shoot. The heavy rain made it harder for him the aim.
“Why did you have to be an all star track runner in high school?!”
Rylie pulled out his walkie-talkie.
“This is officer Harlington. I need back up; I got a runner on Staley Avenue North. I need back up now!”
“10/4 officer. Already on our way.”
Rylie shook his head and ran into the pouring rain, thrusting his bangs into the rest of his golden locks. The night was as cold as the basement of his childhood. With every breath, every heaving breath, he could remember the times they had in that very basement. Sharing secrets, making airplanes, eating snacks that their parents warned them not to. They were smaller then. The Bailey he knew was a lot bigger, stronger, faster, and murderous. It would puzzle Rylie sometimes. Why had his twin go down this dark path? Why was his first victim their mother?
He caught sight of the soaked Bailey climbing over a gate. Rylie pulled angrily at the trigger, hoping to get a shot. A bullet ripped through the twin’s leg, making him fall on his back.
“Gotcha…!”
But as Rylie got close, Bailey was up and running again.
“What are you?! A robot?!”
Bailey stopped and looked at his brother.
“You don’t remember huh.”
The rain on Bailey’s face looked like tears. No matter how hard he pondered, Rylie couldn’t figure out what he was talking about.
“The summer of 2001. It was the Championship relay against Turner, Soto and Harvey high school. I was ready for the 200 meter dash and we all knew it wasn’t a fair run. The Turner kid had sickle cell anemia. The Soto kid had chest problems. And the Harvey kid was nearly half blind. I had an advantage. We were ready to win. Until mother, that sickly and dumb woman, wanted pictures of me. It was my turn to run, but she stood on the side lines, waving and shouting at me. When I started to run, she ran on the side with me with that obnoxious flash going. Have an idea now?”
Rylie hung his head slightly in the rain.
“I fell down Rylie!! I broke my leg so bad, I could never run again!! So I got it amputated for this nice, new working one. And I took my revenge.”
“But why Bailey?” Rylie asked falling to his knees. “Why those other people…?!”
“It felt so good brother, to take the lives of others! I’m addicted, don’t you understand?!”
Rylie could hear the cars behind him.
“But you know…” he paused to pull out his gun. “ Would it be sweeter if I killed my own brother!!?”
A first shot was fired, then followed multiple ones. At that moment, Rylie knew that he had lost his brother. The boy whom had helped him in life was now where he belonged. Prison. Sentenced to death. While the injured Rylie slept, he dreamt about running by his brother’s side again. Happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you have any questions, message me or comment to the side. Thanks much! :D