Status: It's rated R for language, sexual occurences and violence.

When I Met Ponyboy

Chapter 11: Lucy Struts Her Stuff

"No, you're not racing!" Two-Bit had me by the waist now and it would take chains to pull him off of me. "I'm not gonna let him take you away from me just because of some stupid race."

"Two-Bit, I'll be okay, I promise."

"I want you to back out."

"And I'm telling you that I can do it." Two-Bit took me over to Lucy.

"Baby listen, what he's trying to say is that once you're his girl he'll be able to do stuff to you. Stuff The Bastard did. And you'll be a Soc! You can't leave me just when you came into my life. And the boys! We all need you."

I thought it over long and hard. "Am I able to change the stakes?"

Two-Bit gave me a 'Are you stupid' look. "Of course you can."

"What if I said that we race but only on my terms."

"And those are?"

"If we win they stay off our turf and leave us alone."

"And if they win?"

"They get to keep Lucy."

"They won't take it, Rodger really wants you as his dame."

"Then I won't race!"

"It's worth a shot. Here, take this." He handed me a cigarette. "Makes you look more tuff."

We walked back over to Rodger and the Socs.

"You make up your mind yet, dollface?"

Two-Bit spoke up for me. "She'll do it, but you have to hear our pitch first."

Rodger's eyebrows furrowed. "I'm listening."

"If we win, you bozos stay off our turf. If you win you can have the car." I took a drag.

"You know I don't know if I like it. What happened with you being my girl?"

I stepped into Rodger's space. "It ain't happenin'. Now are you gonna race or not?"

Rodger held up his hands in mock defense. "Okay, okay."

Two-Bit walked up to my side. "You know what? I'm not so sure if this is fair. I mean, what happens if they break their promise if we in? What if they actually step onto our turf?"

I matched Two-Bit's tone. "How bout we get to keep that pretty blue mustang? I mean. it would be fair, wouldn't it darling?"

Two-Bit pecked me on the cheek. "Absolutely."

Rodger was huffing. "Fine! But don't get anymore ideas, Matthews."

I chipped in. "We can have one person in the car with us, if we wish."

"Okay, I pick Kathy, then."

Two-Bit swung his arm around my shoulder and without a word we sauntered back to Lucy.

"You sure about this, doll?" Two-bit had me in his arms.

I nodded.

"Okay, let's go."

The starting line was on the other side of the fire pit and all gangs were gathered there. Rodger's brother, Charlie, called us over to discuss the rules and regulations.

"Alright Cats, we start here and then do one lap to the DX and back. First one back to the fire pit wins. No foul play. You hear me, Rodger? I don't want you fucking this up even more."

I could practically feel the tension between Rodger and his brother. I sensed that Charlie wasn't happy with the way Rodger was carrying things on and wanted to end things with us greasers, once and for all.

Darry grabbed me by the shoulder. "Sure you wanna do this?"

"Geez guys, I wanna do it."

"I'm not kidding around, Kitt. You can back out.

I straightened myself up and gave a slight nod to Darry.

"Let's go, Two-Bit."

Two-Bit started whooping and hollering as we got into Lucy. My boys started cheering us on when I started the engine. I revved it to get them even more excited. I led Lucy to the starting line where Steve's girlfriend was holding a handkerchief. Rodger pulled up next to us in his blue mustang with Kathy in the passenger seat.

Two-Bit quickly turned up the radio. "Rodger and Kathy were about to start trash-talking. Try to get inside your head." He tapped his finger on my temple.

I nodded again.

When Steve's girl held up her handkerchief up in the air, my heart started ramming hard against the cage of my ribs.

"You can do it." Two-Bit's hands were sweaty against my thigh.

Maybellene by Chuck Berry was playing and two-Bit cranked it up.

The handkerchief flew down and my heals pounded the gas pedal.

"Go go go!" Ponyboy was jumping up and down on the sidelines. Lucy sped up and we were now racing for our lives. Well, Lucy's life anyways. the music was getting to me and adrenaline was pumping through my veins.

"Go faster, baby!"

For a moment I was back to a few months ago, being chased by the police, screaming the most awful curse words I had been called. I shook off the vision and pulled Lucy up to 70 miles an hour. Lucy and the mustang were side by side now and I was not slowing, not now.

Two-Bit started laughing hysterically and began to unbutton his jeans.

"What in God's name are you doing?"

He snickered some more. " I'm gonna moon em when we drive by."

I got the Camino up to 80 and Two-Bit had his pants down, only in boxers.

"Keep your eyes on the road, dollface." Two-Bit pulled his boxers down and pressed his ass against the window.

From the yells coming from the mustang I didn't think Rodger and Kathy liked it too much.

"We better get the the hell outta here!" Two-But yelled.

We had passed the DX and on our way back to the lot. I didn't dare speed Lucy up but Rodger was passing me and now in front of me.

"Oh, fuck no." I whispered, radio still blaring. It was Bobby Darin singing now.

I got Lucy to pass Rodger, my enging roaring against the mustang.

"Watch out the fire pit is coming up from around that corner."

I was good with sharp turns, if I hadn't taken one I never would've met the boys. Rodger on the other hand wasn't slowing down, if he didn't he wouldn't make it at all.

"Watch it, baby."

I had gotten past the curve but I hadn't seen the mustang behind me. Lucy had crossed the finish line and won. Two-Bit was screaming in glee. Once I parked, he unlocked my seat belt and pressing his mouth mine, kissing me hard.

"Oh, I'm so proud of you."

I pulled away. "Did Rodger make it?"

Greasers were whooping swarming up next to Lucy. I looked behind me at the curve in the road, Kathy was running towards us, screaming and had tears stroll down her face.

"He's dead. I think he's dead!"

Greasers and Socs raced over to the crashed mustang. From the distance i could see Charlie checking his pulse and yelling over to a few Socs. One of the Socs cars pulled up next to the mustang and transferred Rodger's body to the backseat of the new car.

"Christ. If he's dead we are so fucked." It was Dallas.

_________________________________________________________________________________

A few weeks had passed after the rumble and the race.

Charlie had come over a few days ago to announce that Rodger was feeling better. He had suffered a broken leg as well as a major concussion. He'd be in the hospital for a month before he could go home, Charlie wasn't mad though, just relieved that his brother was alive. That was the only time a Soc had come over to our turf.

Ponyboy had finished his sophomore year on Friday and already had his nose stuck in a book for the rest of summer.

Steve and Tim's sister were having the time of their lives and if it weren't for Tim I'm pretty sure Tim's sister would be knocked up by now.

Dallas was still Dallas. Hanging around us bums and also stirred trouble with the girls at any Drive-In.

Darry had finally had a job he liked, teaching football at the high school next year and he already likes it a lot better that roofing houses.

We didn't see much of Johnny that summer. Word has it that he stayed with Dallas at his flat, we never really found out. We never asked what was wrong with Johnny, we were just always there for him.

Sodapop had finally gotten the nerve to ask Sandy to be his wife. She accepted and would be married next September.

Two-Bit and I were still going steady and had finally told the boys we were dating. When we announced it, Dallas seemed a bit disappointed but I didn't think too much of it.

Everything was going fine, it was a hot summer day and I was laying on the couch with Two-Bit, he had his arm tucked around me and I was doing our best to sleep but Two-Bit kept trying to touch my ass, which made me jump.

"Stop it!"

"What, I'm not doing anything!"

The doorbell rang. "Oh, you are so lucky!" I got up and answered it.

My stomach plummeted.

"Hiya sweetheart. Miss me?" The Bastard was on the front doorstep.

To be continued...
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Sorry I have not updated in soooo long. I have just been so busy and distracted lately and have had some tough stuff going on. Sorry about the cliffhanger but I'm hoping to write a sequel. Thank you so much to those who supported me and followed me on my journey with Kitt and Two-Bit. You are all pretty tuff I must say. Thanks again.