Status: It's rated R for language, sexual occurences and violence.

When I Met Ponyboy

Chpater 5: The Date

I was the first one to pull away. I was too shocked to respond, really. Should I slap him? Kiss him, again? I decided to do the second. Two-Bit was pressing into me harder now and I was beginning to like it. He lowered his hands and lifted me so I was sitting on the counter, my legs wrapped around his waist.

Suddenly, Two-Bit and I were splashed with water and were dripping wet.

"It's a little too early for that, don't you think?" Darry was standing in the entryway.

"I made you fellas chocolate cake though." Darry saw the cake and grinned at me.

"You're forgiven. Just remember to watch it around Ponyboy, he ain't used to that sort of thing, yet."

"I saw the whole thing." Pony walked in and went straight for the cake.

"I did too!" Dallas was still sitting in the living room armchair, looking smug once again.

"Did anybody not see us kiss?" I sighed.

"Oh baby, that was a hell of a lot more than a kiss. That was a 'Kiss me before I'm wet' kinda kiss." Dallas winked.

"Do you wanna get outta here? Two-Bit whispered. The tips of his ears were pink but a wild smile was still planted on his face.

"Let me just go get the keys to Lucy."

Dallas called after us. "Don't do anything I wouldn't do!"
_________________________________________________________________________________

We both jumped into the El Camino and I started the engine. Two-Bit rested his arm against the back of my seat.

Two-Bit spoke first. "There's a movie tonight if you wanna go to the Drive-In."

"Let's do it. What do you wanna do until then?"

He gave me a peck on the cheek. "I'd like to do that but more."

God damn it, I was redder than Lucy. I put her in drive and headed to the drugstore and got Cokes for both of us. After we got Lucy going again I noticed a blue mustang following us.

"Socs." Two-Bit cursed.

"You don't think they have something in mind, do you?"

"Nah, they might have heard about Rodger's whining from a few weeks ago but we haven't broken any rules. Technically, Rodger already broke a few from the day at the DX."

"Oh?" Two-Bit put his hand on my thigh and took a sip of Coke.

"He broke rules like being on our turf and trying to pick up a greaser girl. See, we're not allowed to date or even flirt for that matter with a girl from a different gang and Rodger already said some pretty nasty things to you. We're okay with Tim Shepard's gang though. Steve is dating Tim's sister."

The mustang turned left at the stop sign.

"You don't think they'd take it out on me, I mean, if they did have a problem?"

"You never know with a Soc, depends if they're drunk or not."

I frowned and Two-Bit noticed. "Hey, as long as you're around me darlin' you have nothing to worry about." He gave me a reassuring smile.

"So what now?" I asked. "What do you wanna do?"

"Pull over."

"What? Why?"

"Just do it."

I put Lucy onto the side of the road and he opened his door.

"C'mon Kitt. My turn to drive." I scooted over and Two-Bit got in and started driving out of town.

"I know a place where we can go before the Drive-In. You'll like it."

Yakety Yak by The Coasters came on the radio and I put my feet on the dashboard. A few moments passed with me humming along to the music.

"You know you look real pretty with the sun bouncing' off your hair like that."

"Thanks, but you know I'm still mad at you for not telling me 'bout Kathy. Flattery won't get you anywhere around me."

"Shit girl. I'll give you something to be mad about."

Two-Bit pulled onto a dirt road and turned up the radio real loud.

"Two-Bit, you'll get Lucy dirty!"

"That's the point!" He winked in my direction and sped up. He was going dangerously fast but I still felt at ease with Two-Bit. I just didn't think that Two-Bit had ever been able to drive such a tuff car. Hell, if it weren't for The Bastard I wouldn't have the opportunity to breathe next to a tuff car.

We were going so fast now Two-Bit started whooping and hollering like crazy. "Almost there!" 'There' was nothing but fields as far as the eye can see. "During the sunset it sure is pretty. Pony showed me this place the first time." He had slowed Lucy down and parked her. "C'mon." He grabbed my hand. "It's also a really good dancing floor, just for two."

'You shake my nerve and you rattle my brain.' The radio sang.

"I love this song!" Two-Bit and I got out of the car and started swinging under the beating summer sun.

"You love to dance, don't you?"

"Yeah, why?" I asked, almost breathless.

"Cause you're real good at it. Say I'll actually have to take you dancin' sometime, you dig?"

"I'd like that." Two-Bit and I danced to the radio until an advertisement would come on and and then we'd take a break and sip from our Cokes.

Once it started to get dark we watched the sunset for a little bit, just like Ponyboy had done with Two-Bit the first time he brought him here. After a few minutes we climbed back into the car and headed for the Drive-In.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Two-Bit and I found a spot close to the screen and we both started munching on popcorn, my feet in his lap.

"Kitt?"

"Hm?"

"Before the boys come I wanna ask you somethin' in private, you know?"

I looked him in the eye. "Shoot."

'Well, I know we've only known each other a few weeks but after today I can't help but ask you...will you be-. Um, that is...well I mean. Shit..."

I decided to help him out. "I'll be your girl, Two-Bit, gladly."

"You will?!"

I kissed him response. We were both getting into it. Two-Bit stretched out on top of me and my popcorn ended up on the floor of the Camino. We didn't stop until a tap on the window shook us.

"Well, if it isn't the greaser and his chick. Say girly, you feel like watching your boy get a haircut?"

It was Rodger with a few other Socs and every last one of them had a switch on them. Gleaming like shark teeth. Waiting for the first sign of blood.