Status: It's rated R for language, sexual occurences and violence.

When I Met Ponyboy

Chapter 8: Catfight

When I woke up I was still in Two-Bit's arms and I was pinned down by his weight. I strained against his arms and I heard a low growl.

"Where do you think you're going?" His voice was sleepy which was pretty sexy, I had to admit.

"I have to be at work in an hour."

"No, stay!" He pulled me into him tighter.

"Two-Bit, I can't breathe!" He loosened his grip and I managed to wiggle loose.

"Ah, damn it! C'mon Kitt! I just was a few more minutes with you." He sat up in my bed and pulled out a cigarette, he looked so at peace smoking shirtless in bed.

"Am I going to have any privacy while I change?"

"Nope!" He gave me a toothy grin.

"Fine, I'll go into the bathroom."

"Don't forget to brush your teeth!" He called after me. Oh shit, my breath. Damn it!

When I came back Two-Bit laughed at me. "You still have that shirt that's too small?"

I groaned. "Yeah, Soda couldn't find me a bigger one."

"Do you mind if I come to the DX today? We're meeting the Socs tonight with the Shepard gang and I don't want you to be there without me."

"I don't care, but listen." I climbed back into bed. "I want to come with you tonight at the war council."

Two-Bit's eyes widened. "I don't think so, Kitt."

"Please Two-Bit, the whole reason Pony and Johnny got jumped is because of me. You were there when Johnny defended me and when Rodger yelled at Johnny, he had it in for Johnny from the start! Please let me go!"

Two-Bit's eyes furrowed. "Okay Kitt, but you listen to me, you are never leaving my side, understand? These fellas will take advantage of you and then we'll be in even more trouble than before."

"I will Two-Bit, I promise!"

"Good, now hand me my grease and comb." I did and Two-Bit started styling his hair so we could leave. Once he was done we got Sodapop and Steve and headed for the DX.

_____________________________________________________________________________

It was almost time for the war council and I switched from my dirty work shirt to a more becoming black t-shirt and Two-Bit's leather jacket. I made sure my switchblade was in my back pocket. Two-Bit came over and handed me a coke.

"You 'bout ready?" I nodded and grabbed the other two boys.

Soda took a sip of coke. "We told Pony to meet us at the drugstore and then we'll drive to the Soc's lot." Pony was waiting outside, nibbling on a chocolate bar.

Steve called out to him. "Pony! Let's go!" Pony raced over.

"All of us here?" He took another nibble.

"We're meeting the others at the lot." Steve sniped.

"Jeez, you don't have to bite my head off." I had Pony get shotgun on the way there to make him feel a bit better.

"You sure you wanna do this Pony? It could break out into another fight and not just a war council." Soda looked worried.

"Hey, if Kitt can do it so can I."

"I'll also be by her side the entire time, you little squirt. Soda, I think you should do the same for Pony." Two-Bit persuaded.

Soda nodded. "Looks like we're here."

I parked Lucy and we all got out. Steve pulled out a cigarette and handed each of us one. "No turning back now."

Beatles was playing out of one of the Soc's cars and we all cringed. I turned to Two-Bit. "So how come we're talking to the Socs and not doing a surprise attack like Darry said?"

"Darry at least wants to try and make peace with the Socs before we plan a surprise attack. But keep the surprise bit on the down low." Two-Bit and I started walking side by side, his arm around my waist, tight. I was literally going to be by his side all night.

We caught up with the rest of the boys as well as Tim Shepard's gang and we all gathered before we talked to the Socs.

"You kids ready? Kitt, you sure you want to be here? I can have Two-Bit drive you home, if you want."

I gave him a fake sneer, making them all laugh.

"Some chick..." Tim muttered.

"Yeah, too bad she's one of us." Dallas grinned at me.

"Okay, we're all ready."

The Socs showed up in clumps and we greatly outnumbered them with Tim's gang but my unease never vanished. It especially didn't go away when Rodger and his brother, Charlie walked up to Darry and Tim. The rest of us stayed on the sidelines, eying the Socs up and down while they did the same.

What really got me going was Kathy's entrance. She was in a tight fitting skirt and sweater. Polka-dots. She was definitely trying too hard for Two-Bit's attention. When Kathy saw me she snarled at me in disgust.

"Well, look what the cat dragged in."

"Ignore her." Two-Bit soothed. I had actually done my best to control my temper but Kathy just kept going at me and I couldn't take it anymore.

"Bite me, bitch." I spat at her face and it landed on her cheek. "Eye for an eye."

All the boys 'oohed' and a few called friends over, claiming a cat fight was about to start.

"You know what you are?" She hollered.

"No, but I'm pretty sure you're about to tell me."

"You're a boyfriend stealing slut!"

I laughed at her pathetic jibe. "Hah! Oh sweetie, is that really the best you can do? I've heard worse from boy-scouts."

Kathy stomped over the fire pit, which was the territory line between the greasers and Socs.

"Kathy, you don't want to do that." Two-Bit warned.

"Shut up, Keith." Kathy snapped.

"You sure you wanna do that? It looks safer with your boyfriend, Rodger on the other side."

I had struck some chord inside of Kathy that broke and she took her hand and slapped me across the face.

"Don't just stand there, kid! Do something!" Dallas pushed me from Two-Bit's arms and i tripped towards her.

"What? Scared?" Her lips curled in a sick smile.

" I ain't scared of a double-crossing twat, if that's what you mean?"

And with that I cocked my fist and got the lousy bitch in the jaw. She collapsed into the dirt, her lip was bleeding. She began screeching and flung herself at me, making us tumble into the dirt. She was on top of me, slapping my face and pulling my hair. It didn't hurt much, it was just annoying as fuck. So I was tired of her bullshit and grasped for my switch from my pocket and lunged at her. I was now pinning her arms down with my knees, my blade was at her throat and she started squealing in terror.

"I'll teach little girls like you to play nice, you fuckin' cunt."

I was suddenly jerked back by Two-Bit and Darry.

"Enough! I thought better of you, Kitt! Keith, take her home! NOW!"

Two-Bit had his hand on my forearm and dragged me to Lucy.

"Better luck next time, 'sweetie.'" Kathy called after me.

I whirled around. "I won this and no matter what you'll never get him back. He doesn't want you and he never will!"

I turned to Two-Bit and jumped so he was holding me up by my thighs. I pressed my mouth to his and arched my back. Surprisingly, Two-Bit kissed me back but he soon set me down. He gave me a quick wink before he started dragging me back towards the car.