Can't Imagine

05.

School days were always very average. Lucy would wake up and put on a random outfit. Sometimes she would fix her hair and put on make-up, most of the time she wouldn’t. Today, though, she chose her outfit carefully. She put on make-up and fixed her hair and she used her expensive perfume. It was safe to say that Lucy was very happy about having a new friend and she had only known him for a little over twelve hours as of that moment.

Lucy couldn’t help but hope she saw Mike at school. Maybe they could even eat lunch together. She usually ate lunch in relative silence with two other girls who she hardly considered her friends. At this point it dawned on her that she might be being a little over eager about getting to see Mike. For all she knew he would never talk to her again, or his friends wouldn’t want her to sit with them. However, it was hard for Lucy to dwell on the sad side of what could happen, she was just so excited about the possibilities that could come from him. It’s only normal for a girl who rarely meets new people to get excited like this, right?

Lucy drove to school and went through the school day as she normally would. She would go to class, pay attention and leave. The only difference was that today she spent a little extra time looking in the hallways for her new friend in the break during classes. As much as she looked around, Lucy didn’t see him anywhere. She kept her eyes open for him until the very end of the school day, when she glumly realized that he honestly was not there.

With a little more sadness than she should have, (it was becoming painfully obvious that every emotion she was having was more than it should be,) she walked to her car once classes were over and headed home. She had a lot of homework to do anyway, so it was probably best that her time wasn’t taken up by her new friend. Was it too soon for her to be calling him that? She had no clue.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, but the next chapter will be much longer. xo