Weird Science

Weird Science

"I thought that Cayra said she seen them—"

"Dude?" I said wide eyed. "I'm not dating him, what's with you?"

"He's with the school newspaper," Melanie giggled.

"Oh,” I mumbled as he took out a camera and snapped a picture of me.

“He’s with the year book, too,” Mel added as Frank nodded.

“I love journalism and photography.”

"Well I love not being blinded," I rubbed my eyes. "Wow, black spots."

"You okay?" Alex chuckled slightly.

"Well, I can see the left side of your face, does that count," I mumbled

"That doesn’t sound good,” Mel slapped Frank’s arm playfully. “You’ve blinded her!”

“I’m sorry!”

"It's alright," I blinked. "I'm starting to see better."

"Good!"

"Yeah,” I nodded slowly and glared at Frank. “Why do you need pictures?”

“Yearbook, remember?”

“Oh,” I huffed. “I don’t want to be in the yearbook.”

"Well, you are," he smiled as he put his camera up to his face and smiled. "Smile for the camera."

"I don't wan--" I was cut off as Alex kissed my cheek, and the bright light went off. "Ah fuck I'm blind again!"

"And blushing like crazy,” Mel sang, Alex chuckling softly.

"Am I?" I asked as I felt my blush deepen. "Damn."

"It's cute," Alex grinned.

"Uh, thanks…” I said lowly as he laughed more.

“You're so adorable,” He grinned.

"How in the world am I adorable," I blushed as I looked at him slowly. "I'm more geeky or nerdy than adorable."

"I think you're adorable…"

"Awww,” Frank and Mel giggled as I kicked their shins from under the table.

“Shut up.”

"Why it's cute, Cole would think it's cute," Melanie grinned; I frowned and kicked her again. "Actually he would think it's great."

"Yeah, yeah," I rolled my eyes.

"Cole?” Alex asked.

“He’s my…" I mumbled. "Cousin.”

"Oh cool," Alex grinned as he took a bite from his spaghetti, then spit it back out. "That is nastier than it looks!"

"Ew."

"Yeah," he wiped his tongue on a napkin before he turned to me. "Do you have anything to do after school?"

"I have to hang out with my cousin, why?"

"Just wanted to know if you wanted to hang out,” He explained. “But since you’ll be with your-“

“No! No!” Melanie spoke up. “She doesn’t have to! She’ll hang with you!”

"I will?" I turned to Melanie, she gave me that look that simply stated do it or else before she smiled. "I mean…I will!"

"Really?" he asked with a smile.

"Yeah," I nodded slowly. "What did you have in mind?"

"Movies?”

“Uh, okay,” I said as he grinned.

“It’s a date.”

A date…

"Why?" I nearly whined as Melanie and I walked to the locker room in the gym. "I like Alex but what about Cole; I think I may love him."

"One, he's a computer in human form and two because he likes you, oh and three because Cole himself wants you to find love," Melanie grinned.

"Fine,” I sighed in defeat. “You’ve got me.”

“I own you, bitch.”

"Do not," I grumbled as I pushed her into a locker. "I feel like I'm cheating on Cole."

"Ow," she laughed as she rubbed her shoulder. "No, if you want I'll talk to Cole before you leave with Alexander…whatever his last name was."

"If you could talk to him,” I began. “That’d be great.”

“Then that’s what I’ll do.”

"Thank you so much, make sure he's not mad at me," I whispered.

"Will do."

-----Melanie-----

"What's up Coleman," I drug out his name as I jumped in the passengers seat of his Benz. "Got some news."

"She's going out on a date?" he turned to me fully and smiled. "I'm happy for her."

"That’s good,” I nodded. “She’ll be taking a ride home with him, too.”

“So it’s just me and you?”

“Yup.”

"Are you sure you don't want to go with Frank to the football game tonight, he's taking pictures and probably needs help," he turned to smile at me.

"Oh you sneaky dog you," I grinned as I leaned over and kissed his cheek. "Alright then, I'll get a ride with him. Will you be alright by yourself Cole?"

"I'll be fine…"

"You're sure?”

“Yeah,” he nodded slowly.

“How about we make you another girl,” I suggested. “Another computer?”

"I do not need one," he shook his head. "I will be shut down soon enough, as soon as Elliot falls in love with Alexander and you with Frank…"

"Now—"

"You heard me,” He smirked. “You like him. And he likes you.”

“Really now?” I cocked an eyebrow.

"Yes, and Alexander likes Elliot and I'm pretty sure the readings I got when she walked out with him is that she has a crush on him."

"You read people?"

"I have—let's just say yes so I don't have to confuse you," he smirked.

"It’d be best if I wasn’t confused.”

“I knew that, too.”

“Don’t get cocky.”

"I apologize," he held his hands up in defense. "Please, go have fun with Frank and tell me about it later."

"That's what girls do."

"Then you can tell Elliot and then she'll tell me."

"Okay,” I nodded slowly. “You’re so weird.”

“You made me!”

“Oh, right,” I mumbled. “Damn our strange minds.”

"Right, go," he pushed me out the door. "See you later."

-----Elliot-----

"So, you're whole name is Elliot Denise DeMorta?" Alex asked as he chewed on a handful of popcorn.

"Uh huh," I chuckled.

"Strange name,” He stated. “But it’s pretty in its own way.”

“Thanks,” I blushed madly.

"You're really cute when you blush," he grinned as he looked away from me to the floor. "Very pretty."

"Thanks," I blushed even more, damn it.

"Awww,” He kissed my cheek softly, making me blushed even more if that’s possible.

“I must look like a tomato.”

"You do, but a cute tomato," he grinned as he grabbed my hand in his; he pulled it up to his lips and kissed it. "I'm sorry; I like to see you blush."

"Apparently so," I chuckled as I hid my face with my left hand. "Stop it, its starting to hurt my face."

"How?"

'"It's cramping," I laughed.

"Oh,” He took my cheek in his hand. “I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay, I ju-“Was all I could get out before he pressed his lips to mine.

"Sorry," he pulled away blushing, I did too and looked away.

"Don't be," I shook my head as I grabbed his hand again, glancing over at him with a shy smile. "You kiss good."

"Uh,” His lip twitched from nervousness. “You too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Comment