Weird Science

Weird Science

"Yeah," he laughed lightly. “I was scared.”

“Sorry about that,” My dad apologized again.

"It's okay," he nodded as he walked over to me and held his hand out. "Here you go."

"Thank you," I said softly.

"Elliot," my mom said slowly. "Why are you wearing a cast?"

“It’s a long story,” I mumbled. “It’s nothing, though.”

"Are you alright?" she asked softly. "Do you need anything?"

"No mom, just this," I held up the bottle. "I have some friends upstairs, Melanie is dying one of girl's hairs, his sister and the girl getting her haired dyed's boyfriend so don't shoot."

"I'd like to meet them," she nodded. "I didn't know you had so many friends."

“Thanks mom,” I nodded slowly and huffed. “I do have friends.”

"Oh I'm so sorry, I didn't mean it like that," she said wide eyed. "I—I'm sorry."

"It's okay," I shrugged. "Come on up and meet my friends."

"Okay," mom and dad nodded and followed me and Alex up the stairs, slowly.

"Guys, everything's okay, my parents are home!"

"Bring'em up!"

“Okay!” I called back, opening the door as everyone waved.

“Hi,” Mel smiled.

"Hello Melanie," my father smiled at her, she grinned back. "See you have contacts like Ellie now."

"Yep, we made an appointment," Melanie excused.

“Good thing, too,” My mom chuckled. “Your lenses on your glasses were getting a little big.”

“Yeah,” She grimaced.

"Hello," Cole walked out and smiled at my parents, my mom did a double take with wide eyes.

"My god."

“Are you okay?” Cole asked softly.

“Oh,” My mom shook her head. “Yeah.”

"She thinks he's hot," Melanie snickered as Rose walked out of the bathroom with dried red hair, my dad's jaw dropped.

"Damn," he murmured.

"Kevin!"

"Sorry!"

“That’s Cole and Rose,” I nodded.

“Hello,” Rose waved and smiled.

"Hello Cole, Rose," my mother smiled as she waved. "I'm Dani."

"It's nice to meet you Dani."

“And I’m Kevin,” My dad added.

“Nice to me you, too, sir.”

"Very polite," my dad smiled as he pulled mom closer.

"Thanks," Rose and Cole smiled. “That’s how we were ma-“

“Raised,” I butted in.

"Yes raised," they smiled cheeky. "Of course."

"Are you brother and sister?" mom questioned.

"No, husband and wife," I waved.

“Really?” My mom’s eyes widened.

“Yep,” I nodded, smirking.

"Yes," Cole grabbed Rose's hand and smiled at her face. "I married her."

"And I married him," Rose repeated with a smile. "He's the best."

“How old are you two, exactly?”

"Uh," they both said with a smile.

"Cole is twenty three and Rose is twenty two," I explained with a smile. "We met them two weeks ago at the movies, their pretty cool."

“Oh,” My mom nodded slowly. “Nice to meet you both.”

"You too," they smiled as I cleared my throat.

"We're going to go down to the lake," I nodded with a smile.

"But you can't swim," dad pointed to my leg.

"I'm going to tan," I chuckled.

“Tan with one leg?”

“Okay, I’ll talk.”

"Sure…"

"Mother I just want to go to the lake," I laughed. "I don't know what I'll do till I get there."

"You love swimming, you'd hate to just watch the water," she pouted her lip. "Don't you think you'd rather go somewhere like the movies?"

"Sure mom," I sighed as I waved at everyone. "Come on friends."

"We're going to the movies?" Alex whispered as he held me down the stairs.

"No, we're going to the lake," I smirked.

“But your mom-“

“I don’t care,” I shook my head.

"Oh," he smiled and kissed my cheek. "Bad girl."

"Nah, just inattentive girl," I smiled as I turned and kissed his lips. "I love you."

"I love you too," he smiled.

“I love you, Elliot,” Mel chuckled from behind me.

“You too, Melanie.”

"I love you Elliot and Melanie," Cole laughed.

"We love you to Coleman," Melanie and I yelled as I opened the front door and started down the steps with Alex.

"I love you too Elliot and Melanie," Rose giggled. "My new best friends."

"We love you to Rose," Melanie and I were laughing pretty hard by then.

"Ah, I might as well join it, I love you guys!" Dana yelled dramatically as she flung her arms over Alex and my shoulders.

“Now are we done?” I looked around as everyone nodded.

“Yep.”

"Alright then," I smiled as I pointed to Cole's car. "Cole you drive us okay?"

"Alright, will we all fit?"

"Probably not."

“Great,” I sighed and threw the door open, people beginning to cram in. "Ow."

"Sorry," Alex lifted me up slightly and sat me in his lap. "Damn small Mercedes."

"Ow," Melanie whined as she sat on Dana's lap. "Hi, we haven't been introduced; I'm Melanie Newton, Elliot's best friend."
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
Comment