Weird Science

Weird Science

"I'll drive," he gently lifted me from the driver's seat and sat me in the passenger's seat.

"Stop touching me," I pouted with my arms crossed; I glanced down at myself and whined. "Why did you have to put that red dress on me, we're going to the freaking mall."

"I'd like to show you off," he grinned as he looked at me, then to Melanie. "Both of you."

"She's way more beautiful than—"

"Liar, I'm not beautiful," I pulled my glasses off and tried to wipe them on the bottom of my dress, Cole's tan hand grabbed them and threw them out the window as we went through my neighborhood, both Melanie and I gawked at him and glanced out the rear windshield. "Those—I'm blind you idiot."

"No you're not," he grinned. "Just temporarily nearsighted," he pulled my chin up and looked me in the eyes. "There."

"There what—oh wow," I glanced around and mumbled. "Better than lasik."

"Holy shit!” Mel screeched. “Me next!”

“Fine,” He stared at Melanie right in the eyes as she blinked.

“Oh my god,” She looked around the stomped on her glasses. “This is amazing.”

“You have a beautiful face, by the way,” Cole said as he started the car, Mel blushing madly.

“Maybe we made him too perfect!”

"I think so," I mumbled as he pulled up in the first parking space in front of the mall, my heart began to beat faster than normal as I seen Jerry, his girlfriend and a bunch of other kids from school loitering in front of the doors.

"You're heart rate accelerated, what has gotten you so panicked, Elliot?" Cole asked slowly.

"Jerry and a bunch of school kids are going to see me in a dress and without glasses," I nearly choked on my words. "Maybe we should go to the beach instead? The sewer maybe?"

"Stop being a baby, didn't you want to be less shy?" Melanie reminded me as she pushed on the seat. "Come on, I'll even let you use Cole as you're boyfriend first."

"Dear Jesus," I whispered as I clenched the door handle, noticing that Cole was at my door ready to open it. "Don't—don't do," he pulled the door from my grips and smiled.

"Come on, Elliot," he smiled and held his hand out.

"Oh Jesus," I whispered with a whimper also as I grabbed his hand and let him pull me up, he held my hand with his left as he let Melanie out of the back and held his hand out to her.

"This way," he smiled as he placed both arms around our waist and walked towards the doors, where all the kids from school, stared with wide eyes.

Especially the cheerleaders.

"Are you two his bitches now?” Cayra Lee, Jerry’s girlfriend, cackled.

“Why, as a matter of fact,” Melanie glared at her. “We are. Don’t hate!”

“Who said I was hating?”

“You're staring at the man’s ass,” Mel said simply.

“Oh, humph,” She crossed her arms over her chest and pouted as I chuckled softly.

"Who is he?" Jerry asked with what seemed like a little hint of jealousy in his voice.

"Cole Anderson," Cole said politely as he grinned at the man. "I'm—"

"He's Elliot's boyfriend Jer," Melanie grinned as she patted his chest. "She got herself a looker."

"I bet he's just using her," Cayra Lee grinned as she looked me up and down. "What did you do DeMorta? Hooker up?"

"Actually," Cole smiled at me then to Cayra. "She dressed up to show me what a beautiful woman is, I see you attempted," he looked her up and down. "And quite honestly, you didn't really succeed."

I nearly snorted but held it in, while my lips twitched, aching for laughter. "Why you—" she glared at him until he flashed a bright smile. "I'm not really trying today."

"You spent two hours in the bathroom this morning," her sister, Karen grinned.

"I said I wasn't trying okay," Cayra snapped and glanced down at me. "Well, I guess you look okay for a freak today DeMorta."

"That's an insult," Cole pulled me closer and kissed my forehead, I nearly fainted that time instead of snorted. "She's beautiful."

"Yeah!" Melanie shouted pointing at Cayra. "And you said she was ugly, stupid look in the mirror."

"Fuck you, Melanie!” Cayra screeched. “You could be one of us, but you chose her. Don’t take out your bad decisions on us!”

“For your information,” Mel sighed. “I think staying friends with Ellie is the best thing I could have chosen.”

"Well, we'll see about that won't we Melanie?" she clicked her tongue against her cheek.

"Yes, well until that day comes my dear, am I allowed to take these fine young ladies into the mall without having to listen to you condemn them?" Cole asked as sweetly as if he was asking for directions from an old lady. Cayra gasped as Cole smiled and walked past her. "Good day ladies."

"Oh man you rock," Melanie patted his chest again and pulled away from him, as did I. "Now let's go find you some clothes other than Elliot's dad's."

"Yes these are, outdated," he looked down at the black slacks and white long sleeved shirt. "I'd like something, all the rage."

"All the rage?" I almost giggled.

"That's how you say it, is it now?" he glanced from me to Melanie.

"Um,” She shrugged. “If we were in the nineties. Proper term might be hot, banging, or the sex?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment

Image