‹ Prequel: Just Can't Let You Go

The End of the Innocence

Logan

The sun setting in the distance gave away the end to a long and stressful day, Shane and Evy were already down for bed and I remained awake,staring out the window as I sipped on a cup of coffee thinking about on the events of the last week.

Sleep avoided me like a ragging bull,running in circles around me and laughing like a bunch of kids. I knew it was pointless to try and join Shane,my mind wouldn't rest nor my body. Everything that has happened still raced through my head,tormenting and teasing me with endless questions that I knew I wouldn't have the answer too.

Wesley...I wanted to know everything about this man..I knew some of what Shane had told me but I know Shane, He'd keep things hidden from me until I pretty much begged them from him. I hated it but then again I knew he was doing it to protect me.

"Logan?" I heard Shane's sleep induced voice behind me,causing me to turn and face him "Why haven't you come to bed yet?" he asked. He stepped up towards me and gently rested his hand on my cheek,staring into my eyes.

I sighed deeply,staring back out the window "I can't...to many questions and no enough answers..." I said softly,raising my hand and resting it on his before standing up. Shane pulled his hand away and watched me.

Walking into the kitchen,I put my cup in the sink before turning to face him "What do you expect from me Shane...with everything that has happened..I can't sleep..I'm afraid to sleep" I whispered,staring down at my hands as I leaned against the counter.

"Logan.." Shane sighed,walking up towards me and tilting my face towards his "I know this has been crazy but please..I need you to trust me" he whispered,staring deeply into my eyes. "I know you didn't want to leave,that you wanted to stay there with Evy and everyone but I couldn't risk anything happening to you too" he said softly,stroking my cheek gently with his fingers.

"Shane..you have to understand..everything we went through together in the past..how many times you've hurt me..hurt Evy...how can I know you're not just gonna run off again when you get scared?" I asked,he's told me the answer to this before but I wanted to hear it again "I want the truth about everything Shane...starting with us and when we started" I said.

Shane stared at me with wide eyes,he knew what I wanted to know and he was scared of it. Scared of the truth and what it could bring but it was time.