‹ Prequel: Just Can't Let You Go

The End of the Innocence

Logan

The hurt I felt because of them was horrible,I knew why they were doing it but the fact they didn't trust me enough almost killed me.

I looked between Shane and Evy before shoving his hands away and walking past Evy to our..Shane's bedroom,pulling a bag from the closet I packed everything of mine that I could into it before walking back out. I leaned down and gently kissed Evy on the head "Take care of your father" I whispered before standing up.

I walked towards Shane and removed my wedding ring,setting on the table "When you decide you can trust me..come find me" I said softly "You'll know where I'll be" I whispered before walking out the door.

"Logan wait" Shane called,walking out behind me but I ignored him and kept walking it wasn't long until I could no longer hear Shane nor see the house. I kept walking,what little money I had went to getting a ticket for the bus to go back home.

When I finally arrived back in my home town,I found a local store and bought everything I would need to change the way I looked before finding a hotel room for the night and disappearing into the room.

Time Jump 1 year

"Victor! Next order is up!" I heard someone yell,looking up out front I stopped and stared Shane I thought as I stared at him, He looked right back at him then away again,allowing me to take a breath. My hair had grown out and was now a deep red,reflecting the colors in my eyes well. I wore colored contacts as well so they were different shade.

Good,he didn't recognize me I thought calmly and quickly went back to preparing the order before removing my apron "Nathan! I'm heading off!" I called towards my manager. He nodded his head and signed me out before I left the kitchen.

I knew Shane would appear sooner or later..the year he requested was up but the pain I felt when they rejected me still felt heavy in my heart.

I was half way out the door when I felt someone grab my arm,I closed my eyes tightly and turned,staring at Shane in the face "Logan?" he asked softly before his eyes widened "It is you" he whispered.