‹ Prequel: Just Can't Let You Go

The End of the Innocence

Logan

Month Later

I stared at myself in the mirror,my hair hanging down my shoulders,my natural hair color back and the red gone. I grabbed the hair cutters from the sink and began cutting away at my hair,cutting back to how it was the day I left Shane.

Reaching up,I removed the contacts from my eyes and stared back into my brown ones with a sigh "One year,Two months and three days..." I whispered before pulling on jeans and shirt,both of which were Shane's favorite on me.

Giving my apartment one last look,I stared up and closed my eyes "Please.." I whispered "Please let this be it" I added before walking out and heading into town to the diner I knew Shane would be at,a friend of his watching Evy for the night.

Twenty Minutes Later

I stood inside the diner and looked around before seeing Shane in the back,taking a deep breath I started towards him before stopping as another guy came up and sat across from him. I knew from the way the guy was dressed that he was a lawyer.

Walking around and sitting behind them I could hear Shane talking about divorce paperwork,his voice unnaturally calm as I felt the last years worth of tears well into my eyes.

"Are you sure this is something you want to do?" The lawyer asked strongly,pulling out paperwork from his case and setting it in front of Shane.

"I'm sure...what's the point in being married to someone who doesn't believe you trust them" he remarked before he signed the papers.

It was at that point that I stood up and walked in front of the table,snatching the paperwork from Shane and tearing it into pieces "No divorce" I said strongly,staring into Shane's eyes. Praying he saw the love in them that was there oh so many years ago for him,the love that still burned strong in my soul.