‹ Prequel: Just Can't Let You Go

The End of the Innocence

Logan

I barely heard Evy scream of the sound of my own angered roar as I jumped over Shane and charged at Wesley "Run Evy! Get to the neighbors!" I yelled as I tackled Wesley down onto the floor,trying to get the knife from his hand.

I felt a fist connect with my cheek,only angering me more as I kneed him between the legs. My hands latching onto his throat as I started to squeeze.

The front door bursting open didn't register until I felt hands pulling me off of the man "No! let me at him!" I screamed but it was pointless as I watched the room disappear from my view as I was dragged outside and across the street.

Once inside the neighbors house,Evy ran up and hugged my waist tightly with tears falling down her cheeks. I wrapped my arms around her tightly as a man pushed past me with Shane in his arms before laying him stomach down on the now cleared kitchen table "Maggie,get my bag from the closet" he spoke.

I held Evy close as I watched this unknown male doctor up my husband and removing him from the table,placing him on the couch before stepping away "He should be fine but he needs to rest so the wound will heal" he said calmly before allowing Evy and I to sit by him.

I watched as Evy laid her head against his shoulder and closed her eyes,I rubbed her back before gently running my fingers through Shane's hair. Something needed to be done,I couldn't allow this man to try and ruin our family--not after I got it patched back up and whole again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short everyone!!! :(