‹ Prequel: Just Can't Let You Go

The End of the Innocence

Logan

After Erik did his work on Shane,I waited for him to leave before standing up and walking over to him "I'm glad you're alright...I was so worried.." I said softly,sitting down at his side and looking at him. Shane chuckled lightly,reaching out and taking my hand.

"It's gonna take a lot more then that to keep me away from you Logan" he said,pulling my hand up and kissing it lightly. I smiled warmly and moved around,settling myself into his lap and relaxing a bit but not enough to hurt him. Our daughter giggled as she stood up before leaving the room.

"She's a smart one.." he said softly,looking at me. I sighed and nodded,kissing his cheek "She must get that from being around you for so long" he added softly,I could still hear the pain in his voice.

"Shane..you did what you thought was best..giving her over to me and for many reasons we both understand as well as her,when she was old enough to understand I told her the reason why you didn't come around...sure she was angry for a while but she got over it.." I said,tilting my head and looking at him.

"I know but I still feel horrible...I just pawned her off on you.." he said softly. I reached over and took his hand,running my fingers along his skin with a sigh.

"Shane...Evelyn is amazingly smart,straight A student and a wonderful daughter. You didn't pawn her off on me. I willingly took her in,I loved her because in a way..you were giving me something I've always dreamed of having...a little child to raise and call my own...no matter the amount of time" I said softly.

"I loved her every single day hard and strong. I punished and praised,held her when she cried and cheered her on when she was happy. We stood side by side through everything...even the horrible relationship I ended up in before you came back. Evelyn saved me in a way Shane" I said,looking up at him one last time before smiling. "Just like you've saved me" I whispered and kissed him.

Shane remained quiet as he returned the kiss,squeezing my hand before resting his head on his shoulder "This won't be the last time we see him.." he said softly,looking at me. I sighed softly and nodded my head.

"I know and I'm ready...He won't scare me away from you Shane. You're mine and it's going to stay that way" i said strongly causing Shane to laugh and hold me tightly,returning the notion. I knew we were in danger now but so long as we were both alive everything would be okay.