Status: Slowly Writing!

My Bad Boy

Chapter 4

~Megan's POV~

As I open my cold, heavy, eyelids, I notice I am back in my room, in my warm comfy bed. I guess one of the boys carried me up, I crack a smile and bury my body in layers of blankets, finally cuddling with myself. I keep my eyes open though, knowing how easy it would be for me to fall asleep on the spot, because I don't want to sleep in too much. I may be injured, but, I still have a job to accomplish, and nothing will stop me from doing exactly that.

I sniff in the smell of recently applied apple air freshener, and tingles of hapiness go down my body, taking some of the pain I am still in, away. It wasn't horrible pain anymore, like when I had gotten shot, or when I had been in Clay's office, it was just a slight pain in my head.

Finally, I gather up enough courage to shove off the blankets, coldness hitting my fragile skin immediately as I had expected it too. I cringe at the feeling and quickly run downstairs, where the gand is currently at, wobbly legged from the drugs they had given me to keep the pain away, and make it downstairs safely, surprisingly without falling.

I mumble some certain words under my breath, as the gang decides they want to be as loud as they can fucking be, frowning, as I stumble quickly into the kitchen, almost falling on my face, to get away from all of the noise. Once I make it to the counter, I try to hang onto it, but the muscles on my palm are also numb.

I groan loudly, but manage to grab the Advil off the counter, after a couple tries. I throw it down my throat, choking slightly, as I realize I forgot the water. Great, my mind is numb too. Quickly, I turn on the water and gulp a can of it down, also satisfying my thirst which had been growing for a while.

As reality finally starts to settle in, making everything less fuzzy and confusing, I notice that the gang are no longer making a lot of noise. I notice mumbling coming from outside. With my eyebrows now slightly lifted upwards, I decide to ignore it. Then I hear them again. And again. And again.

Frustrated, I stomp over to the kitchen door, placing my left ear gently on the door's large, white frame. I hear the voices a bit more clearly, they sound confused and not really understanding. One thing that I do notice though, is that it's Kylie and a boy, who's voice I do not recognize, that are talking.

A little confused and puzzled, I walk over to the curtain. I twist my fingers around the handle, and turn it in small, swift, circular motions, opening the curtains slowly.

The vision starts to clear up quickly, and I notice a guy with brown, spiked up hair, quietly mumbling to Kylie, while the rest of the gang have confused, but shocked looks on their faces. Mystified, I try to get a look at the boy's face but he is at an angle where I can't see it.

I make up enough courage to open the door, thinking that it's just a friend of Kylie's, I mean after all, I've never seen him before. But I am wrong. Dead wrong.

As soon as the door swings open, I regret ever opening it. My face turns pale and I can't get any words out of my mouth, I want to say something, but I can't. Until, I build up every ounce of courage to get what I wanted to say, out.

"Justin?"