Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 100:

Chapter One Hundred
"Hi," I smiled brightly as I walked into her home after standing in the cold snowy weather for ten minutes.
I laughed as I saw her reaction, stared at me for a while, not believing that I was really standing in her doorway, then she was screaming, crying and laughing all mixed into one. She jumped up and down, holding out her hands, wanting to touch me to make sure I was really there.
"Alex Conners!" she squealed and I laughed and held out my hand. She took it and then hugged me tightly and I looked up to see that her parents were smiling, "Oh my god! I can't believe it's really you!"
"Nice to meet you, Hannah," I said as I placed my hands on her shoulders.
"Alex Conners, knows my name!" she squealed and I then saw her brother, the boy from the school running up us and stopping next to his sister.
"Hi Alex!"
"Hiya Ian, how are you?"
"Wait, you know my brother?" Hannah asked confused and I smiled.
"Technically this was all his idea," I explained while nudging my head towards Ian, "He felt bad that you missed the day that I attended your school because you were sick."
"Ian!" Hannah smiled as she hugged her little brother, "Thank you!"

-Sidney-
"Thanks for your help, G."
"It's no problem, I wasn't doing anything anyways," he said and I smirked towards him.
"Where's Alex today?" I asked because I hadn't heard from her today.
"She's at some kid's birthday party," Geno explained and I looked at him confused, "You remember that kid from the school?"
"Yeah, the one that Alex gave her number to?"
"His sister is a big fan of her, but was sick that day, today's her birthday and Alex wanted to surprise her," Geno informed and I smiled as I moved the roller up and down.
Today was our day off, and I was still in the process of making my home, feel like a home. I hired people to do all the rooms except the living room. I had to finish it today, but had no motivation to do so. I tried to call Alex, asking if she wanted to help me, but she never answered, so I called Geno, which probably was better, because if Alex came over, this room probably would have not have gotten finished.
"So, you and Alex are good?" Geno asked and I looked at him and nodded my head, "So why are you here?"
"Alex and I are trying to take it slow, and me living at the house, that's gunna make it hard," I explained and Geno nodded his head.
"I'm gunna stick around until the end of the season and then Mel and I are going to get a house," Geno said and I smiled towards him.
"Good for you man! Mel's a good person, I'm happy for you."
"Thanks, I'm happy Alex came to our team, you, James and I would have never been hooked up," Geno laughed and I nodded my head.

-Alex-
"Thank you so much for coming, Alex!" Hannah said as she hugged me, "Best birthday ever!"
"I'm glad to be here," I said as I patted her back and then smiled down towards her, "Happy birthday, Hannah."
"Thank you! And thank you so much for the present!" she said and then I waved goodbye to her and her parents walked my to the door.
I had given Hannah four glass seat tickets to our home game against the Capitals next week, one for her brother, and two for her friends. She screamed loudly and I actually had to cover my ears, because she was so loud.
"How much do we owe you for showing up?" her dad asked me as he pulled out a check book.
"Nothing, I'm happy to come by and see a fan," I smiled and her dad looked at me.
"You gave my daughter four glass seat tickets, that's a least a grand there," the mother stated and I smiled.
"You have a good son who cares about his sister," I started and the parents smiled, "He told me that Hannah has been following me since I started college, I'm honored really, I'm just showing my appreciation to a fan," I smiled and the parents nodded their head, "You have good kids."
"Thank you," they said as I opened my Tahoe door and saw that the snow was really coming down, "Drive safely."
"Will do," I said and then headed off. When I was half way home, I heard my cell phone go off, I grabbed it and saw that Sam was calling me, "Hey Sam, what's up?"
"I need your help," she said sounding almost panicked.
"What's wrong? Where are you?"
"I'm home, but my car is plowed in and I need to get somewhere," she said as I looked at the clock on my radio.
"All right, I'll be there in about fifteen minutes," I said and then heard her sigh, "Are you all right? I know your stomach was bothering you this morning."
"I'm fine, just need to go somewhere," she said and then hung up the phone.
"Ok," I said strangely and then threw the phone onto the seat, "Weird."
I pulled into my driveway and then honked the horn, when Sam didn't come out of the house, I texted her, and she replied that she was on her way. I heard the front door close and then watched as Sam ran over towards the car and hopped into the passenger seat.
"Where too?"
"Drug store," she said and I looked at her strangely.
"What's wrong, Sam?" I asked and she looked at me and sighed.
"Don't be mad," she said and I turned in my seat, "I think I'm pregnant."
"Uh-" I stumbled on words for a few seconds, I scratched my head and sighed, "Pr- Preg- Pregnant? Did you say pregnant?"
"Yeah," she muttered and I coughed and looked at her.
"Is it James?"
"Of course!" she yelled and looked at me shocked.
"Sorry, I don't know why-"
"It's fine," she said and then held her face, "I'm so scared."
"It'll be all right, Sam," I said and then placed my hand on her knee, "We'll do this together."
"Thank you," she said and then placed her hand on top of mine.
I squeezed her knee and then turned back into my seat and pulled out of my driveway. Sam and I drove into town and I pulled into the drugstore parking lot.
"You want me to go with you?" I asked and Sam shook her head, "You sure?"
"You can't afford to have someone see you in there and start to spread rumors," Sam said and I sighed and looked at her sadly, "It's all right, Alex."
"You're a good friend."
"So are you," Sam said and then leaned over her seat and hugged me, "You've been taking care of me since I can remember.
"That's because I love you, you're my sister from another mister!" I laughed and Sam smiled towards me and then got out of the car and headed into the drug store. I sat in my car and then saw that Sidney was calling me, I smiled when I saw his name and then answered the phone, "Hey!"
"Hey stranger," he said and I laughed, "What are you up to?"
"I'm hanging out with Sam," I said, not wanting to go into too much detail because I knew that Sidney would accidently say something to James, or worse, Geno, who would definitely make the slip to James.
Sam walked out of the store and then hopped back into the car, I said by to Sidney and then the two of us headed home. When I pulled into the driveway and saw that no one was home, I parked the car inside the garage and then the two of us headed into the house.
"Let's do this in my room, just in case James comes home early," I said and Sam nodded her head, "Where is he anyways?"
"I think he's out with Kris or something, I don't know," Sam said and I nodded my head and then headed into my room.
"Hi Sarabi! Hi Zeus!" I smiled when I saw the two dogs laying on my bed.
"I'm just gunna-"
"Yeah," I said and Sam walked into the bathroom and I sat on the bed.
When I heard the door open, I looked at Sam to see that she was holding the stick, "I have to wait two minutes."
I nodded my head and she walked over towards me and sat next to me on the bed, "What if I am pregnant, Sam? Will James still stay?"
"Sam, James adores you, of course he'll stay! You're crazy for even thinking that he wouldn't."
"I'm not ready to be a mother," she muttered and I sighed.
"You don't know anything yet, and you'll be an awesome mother," I comforted and rubbed her back, "Besides, if you do have a baby, they'll have two awesome Aunts."
We laughed and when two minutes were up, Sam looked down on the stick and gasped. She started to cry and I wrapped my arm around her shoulder. I kissed her head and then rubbed her shoulder.
"It's gunna be all right, Sam."