Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 101:

Chapter One Hundred One
-Sidney-
"Nice goal today, Alex," I said as we walked into her room and I bent down to pet Zeus as he walked over towards me.
"Thanks," she smiled and then sat on the end of the bed.
We had a game against the Panthers this afternoon and we had won, with the final score two to one. Alex had scored the first goal in the second period, and then Chris Kunitz had scored the second.
I walked over towards her and then pressed my lips against hers and then stood up and stretched, "I'll be right back."
"All right," she said and laid back in the bed as I headed over towards the bathroom.
I did my business in there and then walked to the sink. I washed my hands and then walked over towards the towel and dried them. For whatever reason I looked down, my attention was brought to the bright pink box.
'...What the hell?...' I thought as I bent down and picked the box up out of the trash, '...A pregnancy stick?...' I thought and then emptied the box to look to see that the stick is was sitting on the counter with a plus sign, '...What does that mean?...' I looked at the instructions on the box and saw that it meant positive, '...Shit! Why didn't she tell me?...'
I dropped my box and my eyes widened. I leaned against the counter and tried to remember all the times that we had sex. I shook my head, we were always protected, there was no way that she could be pregnant. There was a knock at the door and I heard Alex's voice.
"You all right in there?"
"Yeah!" I yelled and then grabbed my phone from my pocket and took a picture of the stick, "One second!"
I threw the stick back into the box and then threw it into the trash, making it look like nothing had happened, '...Is she cheating on me? Is it when she was with that Trevor guy?...' I was panicking, I wasn't thinking straight. I opened the bathroom door and looked at Alex, "I have to go."
"What?" she asked confused and I walked over towards the bedroom door, "Sid?"
"Tanger needs me," I lied and then walked out of the room, down the stairs and heading out of the house.

-Alex-
I ran down into the living seeing Geno, James and Max looking at me and then looking back towards where Sidney had just ran through.
"You two have a fight?" Max asked and I looked at him confused and then shook my head.
"I don't know what that was, he kind of just stormed out of here," I said and then walked over towards the couch, "He said that Kris needed him for something."
"Letang?" James asked and I nodded my head.
"Kris left after the game to head to Michigan to see a friend in the hospital. He'll be back tomorrow afternoon though," Max said and I looked at him confused.
"Maybe I heard wrong," I muttered and they nodded their head, '...I know I heard him say Tanger...'
"Why do you look upset, Alex? Smile! We won today!" Max said and I looked at him and smirked.
"Why is it that you don't live here anymore, but you're here more now than before," I teased and James and Geno laughed.
"I'm home!" I heard and then saw Geno smile and jump up.
"FINALLY!!!" he cheered and then walked over towards the kitchen and hugged Mel when walked up the stairs. She's been on a business trip for five days and Geno was missing him.
"What's wrong with Sidney? He just stormed out of here like a bat out of hell," she said and then looked at me.
"I don't know," I said and then sighed, "Good to see you home."
"Good to be home," she smiled and then kissed Geno.
I stood up and then headed back upstairs and walked into the bathroom. I was washing my face and then wiping it with the towel. My eyes widened as I saw the pregnancy box in the trash can and then it clicked. I cursed and then ran to my bed where my phone laid and tried to call Sidney, but he wasn't answering.
"Come on, pick up, pick up!" I muttered as I paced back and forth.
"You all right?" I heard and looked up to see Sam and Mel in my doorway.
I waved them in and then rubbed my face as his phone went to voicemail. I tried again and voicemail, "Dammit!" I growled and then threw my phone onto the bed.
"What's wrong?" Sam asked and I looked at her.
"Sidney found the pregnancy test and thinks I'm pregnant!" I blurted and then saw Mel's eyes widen, "Shit! Sam, I'm sorry, I-"
"It's all right, I was gunna tell her," Sam said and I sighed.
"What's going on?" Mel asked completely confused.
"I'm pregnant," Sam said and I looked up to see James, Geno and Max standing in the doorway.
"You're what?" the guys and Mel asked at the same time.
"What a mess," I muttered and then sat on the bed.
"James," Sam said and James walked into the room, "I'm sorry, I was trying to-"
"You're pregnant?" he asked and she nodded her head, "I'm gunna be a dad?"
"Yes," Sam said and I saw Mel smile, "I was gunna tell-"
James pressed his lips onto Sam's and I smiled knowing that everything was going to be all right between them.
"So what's wrong with Sid?" Max asked as he walked in.
"Sid must have seen the pregnancy test in the bathroom and thought that I was pregnant and didn't tell him. He probably thinks that I've cheated on him," I said and then rubbed my face, "I tried calling him, but he won't pick up."
"We'll fix this," Max said and I nodded my head, "Man, you two are just full of drama!"
"We have practice tomorrow, we'll talk to him," Geno said and I shook my head.
"I'll try to talk to him."

-Sidney-
"Sid," I heard and looked next to me to see Alex walking into the locker room. I was tired, I didn't sleep well last night, and the last thing I wanted to do was hear Alex lie to me or make up some excuse. Alex headed over towards me and tried to get close, "Can we talk?"
"I can't," I muttered, not really wanting her to tell me that she cheated and that she was sorry.
"Sidney."
"I don't want to talk, Alex," I muttered and looked at her to see that she looked hurt.
We were trying to talk low because there were other guys in the room, and we didn't really want to cause a scene. Alex sighed and then placed her bag down and started to change into her gear, once she was finished she came up to me again.
"Sid-"
"Alex, stop," I growled lowly and she looked away from me and bit her lip, "I don't want to hear it."
"I know you saw the box," she said and I nodded my head.
"I did, why didn't you tell me?" I asked and she shook her head.
"You don't understand," she said and I backed away from her shaking my head.
"Forget it, I don't want to hear it, Alex," I said and then walked away from her and heading out of the locker room and going towards the ice, '...Why would she do this? What is she gunna do? She can't be pregnant and play hockey...'
"Sid," I heard and saw Marc skating towards me, "You all right?"
I nodded my head and then looked to see that everyone else was coming out onto the ice. I saw Alex and saw that she looked upset. I sighed and then shook if off because she was the one that didn't tell me, '...She screwed herself...' I thought trying to make it seem like I didn't care, but I couldn't help but love her.
"Sid, you're making a mistake," Geno muttered as he skated over towards me.
"She didn't tell me, it can't be mine," I growled lowly, knowing that he knew the situation.
"It's not yours," Geno said and my eyes widened and I turned, "Sid, that's not- You don't understand!"
"What?! Did something happen that I didn't know about? Did she and that Kings guy go at it unprotected?!"
"Sidney Crosby, listen to me!" Geno growled and I shook my head and skated away.
I started to skate around the rink and I looked to see that Geno was talking with James. I knew they were talking about me, because James looked at Alex, who was skating with Max, and then at me.
Practice went well, no one really talked to each other, but after practiced, we headed back into the locker room, showered and changed.
"Hey guys! I have an announcement!" I turned to see James in the middle of the locker room smiling.
"What's up, man?" Kunitz asked and James smiled brightly.
"I'm gunna be a dad!" he said and I gave a small smirk and then turned back around hearing the guys congratulate him.
"Wait!" I muttered, my eyes widened as I turned around, putting two and two together, "Shit!"