Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 102:

Chapter One Hundred Two
-Alex-
James announced that he was going to be a father, I smiled towards him and then picked up my bag and looked over towards Sidney, his eyes were wide and he looked at him, he figured out that he had made a huge mistake.
"Alex!" I heard Sidney yell but I shook my head and walked out of the locker room, "Alex wait!"
"Oh so now you want to talk!" I yell as I turn around and look at him, "You didn't want to hear it before, but now you do?"
"Alex, I'm sorry," he said and I shook my head.
"You talk to me before you throw a hissy fit, Sidney!" I growled and he looked towards the ground.
"Why didn't you tell me?" he asked as he looked at me sadly.
"It wasn't mine to tell," I muttered and he sighed, "Sid, I love you, but you don't trust me."
"No! I do!" he said quickly, his eyes wide and looking at me.
"Really? Because it feels like you don't," I said and then shook my head.
"No! I do Alex, I'm sorry, I just made a dumbass move and I'm so sorry that I didn't listen to you," he begged and I sighed and dropped my bag, "I just- I-," he sighed and ran his fingers through his hair, "I don't know why I didn't think that it could have been Mel or Sam."
I took a step closer and placed my hands on his chest, "Talk to me, Sid."
"I'm sorry," he muttered as I laid my head on his chest, "I'm sorry, Alex."
"I'm gunna go home," I muttered as I reached up and pressed my lips onto his, "I'll see ya."
"Bye," he breathed as I picked my bag up and started to walk out of the arena and to my Tahoe.
When I got home I saw that Mel and Sam were sitting on the couch watching TV.
"Hey girl, everything all good?" Mel asked and I walked over towards the coach and sat next to Sam.
"Would you hate me if I said that I was thinking about switching teams?" I asked and their eyes widened.
"Yes!" they yelled and I sighed.
"Thought so."
"Alex, we just got you back after four years of not seeing you! We don't want to lose you again!" Mel yelled and I nodded my head.
"It was just a question," I muttered and Mel turned the TV off and looked at me.
"What happened?"
"He didn't want to talk to me, didn't want to hear me out and let me explain," I whispered and then sighed, "He didn't even want to listen to Geno when he tried to explain."
"How did Sidney find out?" Sam asked.
"James decided that he was going to announce it to the guys and Sidney put it together," I explained and the girls nodded their heads.
"I'm sorry, Alex."
"I love him, I do, but," I leaned forward and rubbed my face, "I can't take this."
"Alex, what are you saying?" Mel asked and I looked up towards them and sighed.
"There are six teams that are interested in me," I muttered while looking at the floor.
"Alex, you can't," Sam said and I sighed and found that a tear was coming down my face.
"I should have stopped the relationship before it ever started," I muttered and I felt Mel move to sit next to me and placed her hand on my back, "I should have stuck to my rule about dating teammates."
"Alex, don't do it," Mel said and leaned against me, "I know what you're thinking, don't! Don't do it."
"I think it'll be best."
"Alex, come on, you can't-"
"I think I am, I'm still gunna think it over, but, I think I'm going to change teams," I said and then sighed and stood up, "I'm going to take a nap."
"All right," Mel said and I headed up the stairs completely drained of energy.

-Melanie-
"What are you doing? Where are we going?" Sam asked and I grabbed her hand and pulled her to my car.
"We're going for a ride," I answered and then pulled out of the driveway and found myself heading towards the arena.
"What makes you think that they're still going to be- Oh they are," Sam said as we parked in the staff parking lot, seeing that most of the guys' cars were still there, and walked into the arena, showing our idea to the security and them seeing that we were on the list to be allowed in.
"Mel? Sam? What are you doing here?" Marc Fleury asked as we saw him appear.
"Where's Sidney?"
"Locker room, we've been lecturing him for the past hour about talking to women," Marc said and I smirked and then grabbed his arm, "Ok, maybe I'm not leaving. Oh, Sam, congrats."
"Thank you," Sam smiled towards him as we walked down the hall.
Sam, Marc and I walked into the room to see that Sidney was sitting in a chair in the middle of the room with at least half of the team looking at him.
"What are you two doing here?" Sidney asked when he saw us.
"We need to talk," I said and then saw Geno walking over towards me, "Alex doesn't know that we're here."
"Then why are you here?" Pascal asked as he stood up.
"Alex is looking into trading teams," Sam informed and I watched as all the guys looked at us with shocked eyes, "She feels it's for the best."
"Why are you telling us?"
"Because we want you to stop her," I said and Sidney sighed, "Crosby you really don't know how to act around girls."
"I've been told," he muttered and the guys smirked.
"You need to fix this, because Sam and I aren't about to lose our best friend again," I growled and he looked at me, "You need some serious suck up points, I don't care what you do, but park you ass in the suck up lane and get her to stop thinking about moving."
"Where would she go?" Kunitz asked.
"Washington," I lied, hoping that it would give Sidney the kick start that he didn't.
"What?! No way!" Sidney yelled as he stood up staring at us and clenching his fists.
"There's your motivation, get started," I growled towards him and then turned around with Sam and walked out of the room.
"Why'd you lie, Mel?" Sam asked as we walked down the hallway and towards the door.
"He needed to know that he might lose the one that he loves, his ass needed to get in gear and fight for her," I said and Sam nodded her head as we walked outside.

-Sidney-
"Sid, calm down!" James yelled as I threw the chair that I was sitting on, at the lockers.
"How could she do this? Why would she leave?!"
"Remember when I told you 'she might get sick of the drama'?!" Max stated and I glared at him, "Sounds like she's getting sick of it."
"Why Washington?"
"Man, Mel might have just said that to piss you off," Geno said and I growled.
"It worked."
"Yeah, Sid, you know that Alex hates Ovechkin just as much as you! Why would she go to that team?" Kris asked and I sighed.
"Mel might have just been trying to give you a little kick start in talking to Alex," Pascal said and I sighed and sat on the bench and held my face.
'...I just got her back, I can't lose her again...'