Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 107:

Chapter One Hundred Seven
-Sidney-
"God, she's so beautiful," I smiled as I held the little girl in my hands and looked down towards Alex who was smiling up towards me, "She looks just like you."
"She has your eyes," Alex said and I smiled and then kissed her forehead, "I love you."
"I love you too," I smiled and then sat down in the chair next to Alex's bed. I brought my knee up and placed our little girl on my lap and I held her, as I reached over and held Alex's hand. Beeping starting to go off, I looked over towards Alex to see that she was seizing, "Alex!" I called and then stood up, holding our daughter and watching as nurses came in. I kept on calling Alex's name, and I looked down to see that our baby was gone, she just disappeared.
"Sidney..."
"Alex!"
"Sidney..." I was shaking, I reached out my hand to see Alex, I pushed a nurses away to see her, "Sid!"
"Alex!" I yelled but when I looked towards the bed, Alex wasn't there, a huge spider was there, "Alex!" I yelled and backed up against the wall.
"SID!" I heard and my eyes snapped open and I gasped for air, "Sid, hey! Are you all right?"
I was breathing heavily and looked down towards the bed, finding that my sheets were soaked with sweat. I felt someone shaking me, I knew it was one of my teammates, but I didn't really care who, I felt like I was in a daze. My name was being called, and I finally looked up to see that some of my teammates were in the room looking at me with fear in their eyes.
'...That's right, I remember now...'
We were in North Carolina for an away game against the Hurricanes, we won, and we were going to head home in the morning. I was rooming with Geno, I must have fallen asleep and had a nightmare, I've been having a lot of nightmares lately.
It's been a whole month since Alex was attacked and I found out she was pregnant, and all I seemed to be dreaming about was what could have been. I don't doubt that Alex didn't know, but still, it upset me, and only added fuel to the flame of wanting this man dead for hurting her.
"You had another dream about Alex, didn't you?" Max asked as I saw him at the end of my bed. I sighed and then rubbed my face and nodded my head, "She's gunna be all right, Sid."
"She may never play again," I muttered and then held my face.
"Come on, we'll go see her as soon as we get home, all right?" I heard someone say, I wasn't sure, I wasn't really paying attention.
"Mel says that she'll be here for the play offs, we just have to make sure that we make it to the play offs," Geno said and I sighed.
"We'll get there," I growled and the guys nodded their head, "You can go, I'll be fine, thanks."
"Sid, we're worried about her too," Pascal said and I nodded my head.
"She's not even awake yet! She's been unconscious for over a month!" I said and then leaned back against the headboard, "She's not even showing signs of improvement."
"She'll get through it, she did last time," Marc said and I sighed.
"She was in a medical induced coma last time, she's just unconscious now," I muttered and then ran my fingers through my hair, "Ever since she became a part of this team, shits been happening to her and-"
"Hey now! Don't talk like that Sid!" Pascal said, "She's gunna be all right! Alex will be here before the Stanley!"
I nodded my head and then the guys sighed, "We're really sorry, Sid. I know you've been hearing it all month, but we are really sorry," Bennett said and I nodded my head and then watched as they walked
We've been doing really good, trying to concentrate on actually winning all of our games, because when Alex comes back, and she will come back, she'll kick our asses if we didn't at least make it to play offs.

-Melanie-
"I'm tired of seeing you like this," I muttered as I sat next to Alex and held her hand, "You have a danger magnet, Alex."
"Sorry, am I interrupting?" I heard and looked towards the door to see Alex Ovechkin.
"No, sorry," I said and then wiped my eyes and stood up from my seat.
"Any changes?" he asked as he walked in with a bouquet of flowers.
"No, her body is still fighting the poison," I said as I walked over towards him and took the flowers.
I got use to him coming around, he would drive up at least once a week to see how she was doing. I didn't know why, maybe he felt guilty for not being able to do more for her, but it was a little comforting to know that he wasn't the same person off the ice as he was on.
"The guys on the road?" he asked and I nodded my head.
"If not here, then somewhere for a game," I said and he nodded his head, "They're practicing more than ever now, they know that she'll kill them if they don't make it to play offs."
"Hope to see her there," he muttered and I nodded my head.
"You and me both."
"How are her bones?"
"Everything is healed, or almost healed," I said and he nodded his head, "We're just waiting for the last of the poison to break down and leave her body. She's seized a few times, but the nurses managed to bring her back, Alex is a fighter."
"I've noticed," he laughed slightly as he walked to the foot of her bed and looked at her, "I keep thinking that maybe if I did something different, anything different, moved faster, reacted a little differently, then maybe she wouldn't be here."
"It's not your fault, so don't put the blame on yourself," I muttered, feeling a little sorry for him, "Just be happy you did what you did and didn't take your time."
"What do you mean?"
"If you hesitated just a second longer, Alex could have been dead," I said and he looked at me, "I'd rather see Alex here, fighting for her life, then have to burry my best friend."
"But I heard something happening in the office, I heard her struggling and didn't do anything."
"You didn't know! You didn't know what was going on," I said and he sighed and nodded his head.
"She doesn't deserve this," he muttered and I nodded my head, "She's a hell of a player."
"Always has been," I laughed.
"Why did her mother do this to her?"
"Greed," I answered, my eyes not leaving Alex's beaten up body, "Her mother is a greedy bitch who hated the sight of her own daughter."
"Why?"
"I don't know," I muttered and then rubbed my face and yawned.
"How long have you been here?"
"I don't know, we always have someone here," I said and looked at him, "It's either me or one of the other wives or girlfriends."
"She's liked by a lot."
"I don't know a lot of people who don't like Alex," I said and then looked at him, "Not talking about hockey players of course."
"I never not liked her," he answered and looked at me, "Just like Milan Lucic doesn't not like her."
"Then why attack her on the ice? Why try to make her hurt?"
"It's all part of the game, we're testing her," he answered without looking away from Alex, "Everyone is a different off the ice, I'm not defending Lucic, what he did to her last year was wrong, he went too far, but it's-"
"I get it," I breathed and then shook my head, "Don't like it, but I get it."
"She passed those tests, by the way."
"How? I mean, I know she did but-"
"She came back," he muttered and I looked at him confused, "When myself or another player pushed her in the boards, tripped her, charged at her, we were testing her. Yeah she was injured, but she always came back. She always made a quick recovery."
"I don't know about this time," I muttered as I looked at my friend literally living off of life support.
"I heard that she was pregnant?" he asked and I sighed and nodded my head, "I'm sorry. Did she know?"
"No," I muttered and he nodded his head.
"I guess I should leave," he said and then headed towards the door.
"Why?"
"What?" he asked as he stopped in front of the door.
"You drive almost five hours to get here, see her for what? An hour," I asked as he looked at me intently, "And then you drive back to DC, another five hours. Why?"
"I don't know," he mutters as he walked out the door and I sighed when I heard it close.
"Of course you don't."