Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 011:

Chapter Eleven
"Labor day is Monday, usually the newbie hosts a cookout," Geno said and I looked him like he was crazy.

"That's in two days! You expect me to have enough food for what, fifty people?"

"Pretty much!" he said and I sighed and shook my head.

"Fine! Hamburgers and hotdogs, no complaining!"

"Ok!" he said and then smirked.

I got up and walked over towards my phone that hung in the kitchen. Geno, Sidney, James and Eric were over again and things were getting boring because no one knew what was going on with this lockout. I met the boys about a week ago and things were getting interesting. Sidney did tell me back in July that things would when the boys came back, and he was right.

"You call the guys and let them know!" I called and then watched as they grabbed their phones. I dialed my Dad's cell phone and then waited for him to answer.

"Hello?"

"Hey Dad!"

"Lexi! What's up, darling?"

"What are you doing for Labor Day?"

"Your Uncle George and Aunt Lisa are coming over for a barbeque."

"Oh, well would you guys like to come up here to join the barbeque? My team is going to be there."

"Even your Mother?"

I sighed and then rubbed my forehead, "Yes," I muttered, "Even Mom."

Dad laughed, "Well you're lucky, she has to go on a business trip and will be gone for a few days."

"Really?!"

"Don't sound so excited, she's still your Mother!"

"Oh, right, my bad. But do you three want to come up? You can see my house," I said and then looked at the boys to see that they were on their phones talking to the other players.

"I'll talk to my brother and then call you back," he said and I smiled.

"All right, talk to you then, love you," I said and then hung up the phone.

"Who was that?"

I jumped because I didn't hear James sneak up behind me, "James! Don't be creepy!"

"Who do you love?"

"Go away!" I yelled as I sat on the stool and started to write down things that I was going to need for the barbeque.

"Come on!"

"Oh My God! I was on the phone with my Dad! Nosey!" I said and then shook my head.

"James leave her alone!" Sidney said as he walked over and took the pen and paper from me and started to jot some numbers down and then did math, "You have about forty seven people coming."

"Really? You couldn't figure that out in your head?" I teased and Sidney shook his head and walked away. My phone rang again and I had James hand it to me and I answered it, "Hello."

"Lexi!"

"Hi Dad."

"We're gunna come up, do you mind if we come up tomorrow?"

"No, you're welcomed here as long as you'd like," I said and then smiled at the thought that my Dad was going to be here, without my Mother.

"All right, we'll see you tomorrow."

"All right, I'm so excited to see you guys!" I said and then saw the guys looking at me.

"I know, I am too! Love you!"

"Love you, Daddy!" I said and then hung up the phone.

"Love you, Daddy!" James and Geno mocked and I threw my pen at them.

"Shut up!"

"So your parents are coming?" Sidney asked as he took a seat next to me.

"No, just my Dad and my Aunt and Uncle."

"So I don't have to worry about separating you and your Mother?" he said and I laughed.

"Nope, no separating necessary."

"Why would we need to separate you guys?" Eric asked and I sighed.

"We hate each other," I said and then nodded their heads.

"Oh, ok," Eric said and then I sighed.

"So I have about fifty people coming on Monday," I stated, changing the subject.

"All right, what time do you wanna have it?" Sidney asked.

"Tell everyone to be here around one," I said and the boys nodded their heads and started to type away on their phones. Sarabi came over towards me and placed her head on my lap and I smiled towards her and kissed her head, "How's my girl?"

"Alex, who are you talking to?"

I looked up to see James looking at me, "Who do you think?"

"James! Did Dustin text you back yet?" Sidney asked distracting James, giving me the chance to go into my kitchen and see what other things I could cook up for Monday.

'...Hamburgers, hotdogs, chips, dip, pretzels. Maybe I'll make my salsa and cream cheese dip, let's see, I'll need beer, soda, water, Oh, I wonder if Cooke is gunna bring his kids, I'll need juice then...' I continued to think as I mentally wrote down a list not paying attention to anyone.

"Alex!" Geno called

"Yeah!" I said and then peaked my head from around the pantry door to see Geno leaning on the back of the couch.

"Cooke wants to know if he can bring his wife and kids!"

"Of course," I said and he nodded his head and then typed away, "Oh tell them about the pool too! I'll have it ready for if anyone wants to go swimming!"

"All right," Geno said.

"Flower bringing his wife?" James asked and I peaked my head around the door again.

"Marc's married?" I asked not realizing it.

The three of them look up and nodded their heads, "Since last year."

"Oh, didn't know, cool," I said and then walked back over towards my pen and paper and wrote down everything I had gone over in my head, "Ok, I think I have everything I'm going to get."

"What are you going to get?" Geno asked and I looked at him and smirked.

"Stuff," I said and then walked over towards the couch.

"What kind of stuff?" James asked as he leaned towards me.

"Edible stuff," I teased and Sidney smirked and shook his head.

"Will you pick up some beer?" Geno asked.

"Do I look like your beer wench?"

"Yes, now move wench!" James and Geno yelled and then high fived each other.

"Wow, just, wow!" I said and then turned around and headed for the kitchen to grab my purse.

"You gunna need help?" Sidney asked and I looked at him.

"Yeah, when I come back you guys can carry the groceries in," I said and they looked at me confused, "You asked if I needed help."

"Thanks a lot, Crosby!" Geno muttered and I laughed.

"You boys have fun, lock up if you're going to go anywhere, I'm going to get the food," I said and they nodded their heads, "And keep an eye on Sarabi!" I called as I headed down the stairs and into the garage, then left for the store.