Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 012:

Chapter Twelve
"Wow, Alex, you think you got enough stuff?" Geno asked as he carried in the two boxes of beer with three bags attached to his arms.

"You're the one who grabbed all that stuff at once!"

"Hey! Anyone knows that it sucks to have to make multiple trips for things like this!" Geno yelled while wobbling in front of me.

"Ok, I'll give you that one," I muttered and heard Geno laugh.

"Oh yeah, there's something we have to show you!" James called from my car and I looked at him.

"What did you do?"

"You'll see," Sidney said and I looked at him and he smirked nervously.

"I'm scared," I said and then headed up the stairs. I placed the bags on the ground and then saw Sidney and James walking up the stairs, "That the last of it?"

"Yup, cars empty and doors closed," Sidney said and I smiled.

"Thanks. Now, what did you need to show me?" I asked and then Geno and James waved for me to follow them and they walked into the backyard. Sidney followed behind me and I stood on my porch and looked to see where they were pointing, "No."

"Oh come on Alex!"

"No!"

"What?!" James said and flashed a smile towards me.

My eyes were wide and I walked down the stairs and over towards the fence. There I found a medium size German Shepherd laying down. When he saw me he picked up his head and the stood up, "I asked you to keep an eye on Sarabi! Not get a dog! Where did you find him?"

"On the street," Geno said and I looked at him.

"We heard something outside and went to check it out, a car almost hit him, so then we called him over and he came. We can take him to the vet and see if he belongs to anyone, and if he doesn't there's no way we can keep him at our apartment," Sidney explained and I sighed.

"We figured since you already have Sarabi, that you'll watch this guy too," James said and I sat on the ground in front of the dog and he laid down and placed his paw and head on my lap, "See, he likes you!"

"Let's make this clean! This is your dog! He just lives with me!"

"Yes, ma'am!" Geno said and I smirked and shook my head as I placed my hand on top of the dog's head.

"Go take him to the vet and make sure he's all right and doesn't belong to anyone," I said and James and Geno took the dog and walked away.

Once James and Geno were gone I stood up and Sidney and I walked into the house and into the kitchen. He started to place the drinks in the corner of the kitchen and then we began to clean out all of the bags.

"What's with all of the Oreos?" he asked and I smirked.

"I'm going to make Oreo balls."

"Um, come again?"

"You never had Oreo balls before?"

"Nope."

"Good, you can help me make them," I said and then placed the ten packages of Oreos, the twelve packages of cream cheese, and the melting chocolate.

"All right," he said and then placed the hamburgers and hotdogs on the fridge, "How much did you get?"

"About fifty hamburgers and fifty hotdogs," I said and he nodded his head. Once we put all of the chips and pretzels away and everything that needed to go into the fridge there. I cleared a space on the counter and set up the Oreos and cream cheese. I got a big plastic bag out and told Sidney to put the Oreos into the bag and smash them, while I got some bowls out and some cookie trays.

"This good?" Sidney asked and I looked at them and nodded my head.

"Perfect, now, add the cream cheese and mix it together," I told him as I started on my own batch.

Once he finished mixing his together, I had just started with mine, "Ok, so grab some of the dough and roll it into a ball and place it on the cookie tray."

"Like this?" he asked and I watched him and smirked.

"A little smaller than that, but that's the idea," I told him and he nodded his head.

Once we filled the trays I opened the freezer half, and Sidney stuck the cookie trays in, "It'll take about twenty minutes for them to harden, we'll get started on another batch."

"All right."

"Look at you! Betty Crocker Crosby!" I teased and Sidney smirked and shook his head.
By the time we had finished making all of the cookies, we melted the chocolate and started to dip the Oreos into the chocolate.

"Mhmmm, I smell chocolate!" I heard Geno say as my front door opened and closed.

"So what the deal?" I asked as I saw the German Shepherd run up the stairs and into the kitchen.

"He has no chip or no identification, he's healthy, and is now up to date on all of his shots. We named his Zeus and he is totally awesome!" James confessed and I nodded my head as I looked to see that they had sat down and were watching us.

"You boys wanna help too?"

"Naw we're good," Geno said and I looked over towards him.

"I mean, sure, we'd love to help."

"Thought so," I said and then Sidney laughed, "Where's Sarabi?"

"Outside," James said and then I heard the doggie door open and Sarabi trotted into the kitchen.

"Zeus, stay!" I heard Geno say and then turned around to see Zeus charge towards Sarabi. He
jumped in front of her and then jumped up, he wanted to play, "Zeus!"

"It's all right, he wants to play," I explained because they thought that he might hurt Sarabi. Once Sarabi understood what Zeus wanted, she barked and then bent down low and wanted to play too, "See. I just hope they don't destroy my house."

"That wouldn't be fun!" James said.

"No, considering you two would be the ones cleaning it up!"

"What?!"

"He's your dog, remember?!" I said and they sighed and nodded their head, "And just so we're clear! He's getting fixed too!"

"Oh, that's just painful!" James said.

"Well then you two can take care of the puppies, and be here every night making sure that they're taken care of! But I'm just telling you, that you're barely going to get any sleep at all."

"Fixed. Got it!" Geno said and I laughed and Sidney nudged my shoulder.

I heard Sarabi barking and walked out of the kitchen to see that she was barking at Zeus because he was eating her food, "Go get that dog some food, poor thing."

"So bossy!"

"He's your dog! My god, you two are worse than little kids!" I said and then watched as they go up and walked into the kitchen.

"Where is the dog food?" Geno asked.

"In the pantry. I hope you boys went to the pet story and picked up a collar and some bowls and things he might need," I said and they froze and then turned around and smiled, "What did you expect him to eat out of?"

"Um-"

"Don't even finish that sentence! Just go!"

"What are we suppose to get?"

"Have you ever had a dog before?"

"When I was a kid!" James said and I sighed and walked over towards the pen and paper I was using before.

"I'm glad you find this amusing, because he's your dog too! And the only reason you're not helping them is because you being Mr. Betty Crosby!" I said to Sidney who was cracking up in the kitchen, but then shut up when I told him. I made a list for the boys on what they would need to pick up for this dog and then they were off again.