Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 014:

Chapter Fourteen
“This is a lovely party, Alex,” my Aunt Lisa said as she walked around to meet everyone some more.

I laughed and shook my head as I stood next to my Dad at the grill and helped him get the burgers and hotdogs ready. Once everyone had arrived and all the food was out, I grabbed a beer and went to talk to everyone.

“Alex!”

I turned around to see a teammate, Matt Cooke, call me over. He wanted to introduce his wife and kids to me and it was nice to see him look happy. I saw my Coach with his family, and then saw some of the boys with their girlfriends, and then saw Marc walk into the backyard with his wife.

“Hi Alex!”

“Hi Marc!”

“This is my wife, Veronique,” he said proudly and I smiled.

“Nice to meet you!” I said and shook her hand.

“Nice to finally meet you! Marc’s been going on and on about how the two of you met!” she said and I smiled and nodded my head.

“Oh yeah. Marc, go away, I’m stealing her!” I laughed and then Veronique and I walked away because I wanted to show her a picture.

I walked her to the hockey and pool room and pointed out a picture that was on my wall of Marc and I sitting next to each other at the hibachi place.

“Oh he looks so young!” she cooed and I laughed.

“I think he was like eighteen,” I said and she nodded her head.

“That’s so cute!”

“I was his biggest fan! Made sure to pay attention to everything and keep track of his stats. It’s funny how we’re on the same team now,” I said and she nodded her head.

“That is funny how things like that work out,” she said and then the two of us walked back out to the backyard and we walked over towards Marc who was standing with Sidney, Geno, Defenseman, #58, Kris Letang, and Forward, #25 Eric Tangradi.

“Hi guys!” I said and then saw Geno stuffing his face.

“Hey! We’re losing this game!” Sidney said and I was confused.

“Lisa two, us zero,” he said and I laughed and understood.

“I told you, she’s going to find you!”

“I’m confused,” Eric and Kris said.

“My Aunt is a bit of a-“

“Perveted ball grabbing-“

“Hey! I warned you before you even met her! Not my fault you didn’t believe me!” I said and Geno shut up and I looked at Kris and Eric, “She’s a big flirt and I can’t be held accountable if she grabs a part of you that you might find, um.”

“Your junk!” Geno said and I punched his arm.

“Basically,” I said while looking back at Eric and Kris to see their eyes widen, “She’s an extreme flirt.”

“Gotchya.”

“No use hiding too,” Marc said and Veronique looked at him, “I tried, didn’t work.”

“Did she grab you?”

“My ass,” he said and Sidney laughed and shook his head, “Shut up! She grabbed your too!”

“At the same time!” he said and I laughed and looked to see if I could find James.

“I wonder what she told James, because he was really quiet after she left him,” I said and the guys try to see if they could see him.

“He’s probably with Zeus,” Geno said with a hotdog in his mouth.

“Who?” Kris asked.

“Alex’s dog.”

“Your dog!” I said and then walked away from them to find James.

I looked around to see that just about the whole team was here, I had to stop and say hi to my teammates, before I continued my search for James. They kept on telling me that they ran into my Aunt and I sighed and apologized and explained that she’s just a little excited to be around people.

I made my way into the house and walked over towards the dogs room to see James sitting in the corner playing with Zeus. I smirked and then walked over towards him and knelt in front of him, “Are you hiding?”

“Yes.”

“Is it my Aunt?”

“Yes,” he said and I laughed a little.

“What did she tell you yesterday?”

“Um, well, hmm,” he said and then looked at me, “Your Aunt went into detail about-“

“Say no more, I think I know! I’m sorry, really,” I said and then hugged him. I sat on the ground next to him and then saw Sarabi walk through the doggie door and lay down in front of me, “So I guess you figured out that if you’re by the dogs, she won’t come near you.”

“Yeah, picked that up yesterday,” he laughed and I smirked.

“She’s afraid of them. I think she was attacked by one when she was little,” I explained and he nodded his head. I heard my phone go off in my pocket and I looked at it to see that it was my friend Mel telling me that she was here because I had invited her, “I’ll be right back.”

“All right,” he said and then I jumped up and walked out of the room and headed out to the backyard to see Mel walking in with Sam and Steph behind her.

I smiled and ran over towards them and hugged them, “I’m glad you made it!”

“We are too!” they said and I looked at Mel to see that she had hearts in her eyes when she saw all of the hockey players.

“Sam, come here, there’s someone I want you to meet,” I said and took Sam’s hand.

“Is this another guy?”

“Yeah, but I think you’ll like him,” I said and brought her back into the house and towards the dogs room. I saw James still sitting there and I looked back towards Sam to see her eyes wide and a smile on her face. I smirked and then walked in, “James, this is my friend, Sam. Sam, this is one of my teammates, James.”

“Hi,” he said and Sam smiled and waved.

“Have fun!” I said and then pushed Sam into the room more and then ran back outside, ‘…One down, one to go…’ I thought as I headed back towards Mel. Steph already had a boyfriend, but I knew that she was a big Fleury fan, so I’ll have to introduce them.

“Alex!”

I turned my head to see Sidney calling me and I held up my finger to tell him a minute and looked around the yard to see Mel talking to my Dad. I ran over towards her and looked around, “Where’s Steph?”

“Bathroom,” she said and I nodded my head and grabbed Mel’s hand and drug her away.

“Hey guys!” I said and then entered the small circle of Kric, Eric, Sidney, Geno, Marc, and #15 Dustin Jeffrey.

“Alex, Dustin just got some action from your Aunt!” Kris said and I looked at the kid to see that he looked horrified.

“I’m so sorry!” I said and he nodded his head.

“They told me,” he said and I shook my head.

“Ok, this is my friend Mel, Mel, this is- Well you know who they are!” she said and I pulled her closer to see her have a big smile on her face.

“Excuse me while I have a mini fan girl moment,” Mel said and they laughed.

“We’re use to it,” Sidney laughed and then Geno walked over and placed his arm around Mel’s shoulder and I watched as he face went bright red.

“Mel here is going to school to be a sports announcer,” I explained and the boys looked impressed.

“Not a lot of women in that job,” Geno said.

“Not a lot of women play hockey,” Mel said and then looked at Geno with a smirk on her face and I laughed.

“That’s my girl, now excuse me while I find one more person,” I said and started to walk away.

“You find James?” Sidney asked.

“Yeah, don’t worry, he’s taken care of!” I said and then headed back towards my house. I found Steph and then brought her back to the group so that she could have in on the fun.