Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 021:

Chapter Twenty One
"Ah man, it's good to be home," I said as I walked into my house and walked up the stairs to be greeted by Zeus and Sarabi, "Hi guys!"

It was Monday afternoon, and I had just gotten home after a seven hour bus drive from New York. We played the Rangers last night and won, I managed to assist #2 Matt Niskanen on the third goal in the first period with Sidney. I had a total of seven minutes on the ice, most of the time was spent in the second period, where nothing really happened other than one goal.

I walked into the kitchen and saw my friend Sam sitting on the counter reading the newspaper, "Hey."

"Hey, how were the games?"

"We won them both," I said and she smiled.

Sam had called me on New Year's Eve upset because she didn't like where her life was at. I told her to come up and live with me and start a new one, and she instantly agreed. I told her about the basement room and said that, that could be her room. It would actually help me too, because when I'm on the road for an away game, I hadn't planned out who was going to watch Sarabi and Zeus. Our agreement was that she find a job, whether it be part time or full time, and she take care of the dogs, because now I had three, because she brought hers too, and I would allow her to stay at my home. She of course would have to help with the bills, but I was only asking for three hundred a month, which wasn't bad.

"Hey Alex," Sam called as I threw my bags by the washer.

"Yeah."

"Can I have your autograph?" Sam teased and I looked up to see that she was holding up yesterday's paper of the me warming up on the ice, during the Flyers game.

"Shut up," I laughed and then opened my bag and threw my clothes into the washer.

"So how's lover boy?" Sam asked as I heard her walk over. She knew about Sidney and I because, well, she lived here now; although, she knows that no one else knows and the reason why.

"He's good, we're good," I said and then turned around to see Sam right in front of me, "Whoa, um Sam-"

"Come on go in detail! Let me live my life through you," she begged and I laughed.

"What about you and James? I thought you two had a thing there," I said and she sighed.

"I wish, I don't think he likes me though," she said and I sighed.

“He likes you, trust me!” I said and then walked up the stairs towards my room.

After spending a long weekend away from home, I just wanted to take a nice long bath in my tub.

-Sidney-
Geno, James and I walked into the apartment and threw our bags onto the ground and collapsed onto the couch. Geno sighed and we all looked at him.

“I’m bored,” he said and I laughed and shook my head.

“I feel like we haven’t been here in a while,” James said.

“That’s because we’re always at Alex’s place,” I said and Geno stood up, “Where are you going?”

“To Alex’s,” he said and I smirked and shook my head, “You coming?”

“Of course,” I said and then stood up.

“I wanna see Zeus!” James said and then the three of us walked out of our apartment and headed towards my Range Rover.

“Well we were home a whole five minutes,” I said and James and Geno laughed.

“To Alex’s!” Geno yelled and then held out his arm, “Charge!”

“You my friend are an idiot,” I said as I shook my head.

-Alex-
Sam and I were sitting on the couch watching TV when she saw my texting Mel.

“Who are you texting?”

“Nobody,” I said and then hid my phone, because Mel and I were planning Sam’s birthday.

“What? Come on,” she said and then sat up and moved to her knees, I laughed and inched away from her, “What are you up to?”

‘…Dammit, I’m not good at lying!...’ I thought as Sam jumped towards me and tried to take my phone, “No!”

“Alex!” she yelled and then stood up.

My eyes widened and I stood up and jumped over the couch and she started to chase me around. Sam threw a pillow at me and my phone fell out of my hand and skidded across the floor and into the kitchen. I ran to grab it and Sam grabbed my ankle and I lost my balance and fell to the floor. Zeus and Sarabi were barking and we were laughing as she continued to try and get my phone.

“Sam!” I yelled as she started to climb on me to get to my phone before me. I reached up and grabbed my phone and then put it underneath my back.

“What are you up to, Alex?! You know you’re bad at lying!” she said as she sat on my waist and tried to get to my phone.

I was grabbing her arms trying to hold her back from getting to my phone, but it was a little hard when I was laughing too. Zeus was coming over and trying to lick my face and I was moving my head around to try and make him stop.

“Wow, what a show!” we heard and then turned our heads to see James, Geno and Sidney standing in the doorway.

“Oh please, don’t stop on our accord,” Geno said and I laughed and tried to kick him as he walked past me.

“What are you guys doing?” Sidney asked as he took a seat on the counter and Sam crawled off of me.

“Long story,” I laughed and then stood up and quickly grabbed my phone before Sam could, “So what’s up? You miss me that much?”

“Of course,” Geno said and then walked over and wrapped and arm around my shoulder, “You’re always the highlight of my day.”

“You’re such a suck up,” I said and then walked away.

“Oh come on, Alex! How ‘bout you let me take you out sometime?!” he begged and I laughed because he didn’t know that Sidney and I were together.

“No thanks.”

“Why?”

“Because you’re not my type, sweetie,” I said and then patted his back, “But nice try, I like your taste.”

Sidney was laughing and James walked over towards where Zeus was laying on the couch and started to pet his head. Sam then walked over towards him and the two of them started to talk.

“Wait to hurt my ego, Alex,” Geno teased and I smiled.

“You’ll get over it,” I started and walked over towards where Sidney was, “Mel might be coming up next weekend.”

“Really?!” Geno and Sam asked at the same time.

“Why’s Mel coming up?” Sam asked and I turned around and cursed.

“I wasn’t suppose to say anything,” I muttered and Sidney laughed.

“She’s coming up for my birthday isn’t she?! That’s what you two were talking about!” Sam squealed and I cursed again.

“You’re really bad a keeping a secret, aren’t you?” Sidney asked and I growled at him.

“She always has been,” Sam said and the boys laughed.

“So it’s going to be your birthday,” James started and I watched as Sam sat back down and the two of them continued their conversation.

“So what’s the chance that Mel and I could hook up?” Geno asked as he jumped up onto the
counter.

“Um, pretty good if you play your cards right,” I said as I shook my head and walked over towards the fridge.