Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 023:

Chapter Twenty Three
'...You have to be joking!...' I thought as I was guided to the penalty box, being called for tripping.
It was Friday night, and we were away in Winnipeg, Canada playing against the Winnipeg Jets.

During the first period, Sidney had scored his first two goals of the season, with Chris Kunitz and Kris Letang assisting him on his first, and I assisted him on his second. He was so happy that he finally got his goals and everyone congratulated him. During the second period I tried three times to score a goal, but I will admit that this goaltender was good. He blocked all of my shots and I was getting frustrated. During the third period, I got slammed into the boards by #9 Evander Kane, so hard that my helmet popped off and he was penalized with boarding, I was all right; although my shoulder was really sore. Then towards the end of the game, I was penalized on a bogus call of tripping #39 Tobias Enstrom.

The game was over and we sulked into the locker room, mad about losing our second game in a row. Everyone showered, changed and then left the room making our way past the reporters and heading out to the bus that was going to take us to our hotel.

I heard my phone go off when I walked into my room and saw that it was a text from my cousin; 'What's going on? You're losing!'

I growled and then threw my phone on the bed and then placed my bag on the ground. I sighed and then grabbed my phone and replied; 'Shut up, I know!'

I then turned on the TV and looked at my phone, going towards the NHL app and checking the standings. When I scrolled down and saw that the Kings were last in their Division, I shook my head and let my hair fall out of the pony tail I had it in. I decided that I was going to text my friend and old Captain, Dustin Brown, asking him what was going on.

I changed into some shorts and a tank top and got ready to get some sleep because we needed to be up early for a flight to Ottawa to play the Senators on Sunday. I turned down my bed and then laid down and was about to go to sleep, but when I laid on my right side, my shoulder was throbbing from when that jerk boarded me. I got up and turned the lights back on and walked over towards the mirror to see that there was a bruise starting to form around it. I cursed and then shook my head, this might be a problem, I've had bruises before and when they started off like this, then when I woke up in the morning, they were usually worse.

There was nothing I could do about it, so I shut off the lights and walked over towards my bed and went to sleep.

-Sidney-
"Man, we should go check on Alex, she got hit pretty hard today," Marc said and I looked over towards him.

"I know," I said and then looked at my phone waiting to see if she was going to text me or not.

"Hey, what's going on between you two anyways?" he asked and my head snapped up and I looked over towards him.

'...Shit...' I thought and then sat on my bed, "Nothing, why?"

"Shut up, I see the way you look at her. I'm a married man, Sid, I know that look," he said and I smirked, "So there is something going on!"

"You can't tell anyone!" I said and he laughed.

"Why not?"

"Because we don't want to publicize it. I don't want to put Alex at risk," I said and he nodded his head.

"I get it, that whole double standard shit," he said and I agreed, "Well good for you man. Alex seems like a good person, and she's a hell of a hockey player too."

We laughed and then I took my shirt off and changed, "I think I will check up on her."

"Yeah, you go Romeo," Marc said and I laughed and left the room and walked down the hall to Alex's room.

I knocked a few times, but she didn't answer, and then I texted her asking is she was awake and she didn't reply. I heard the TV on, and didn't see the light on in her room, so I figured that she fell asleep and went back to my room.

"Crosby!" I turned around and saw Coach walking towards me, "What are you doing?"

"I wanted to see if Conners was all right, she got hit pretty hard today."

"She's a tough girl, she can handle her own," he said and I nodded my head, knowing that she was, "Go to bed, we have an early morning tomorrow."

"Yes, Coach," I said and then walked to my door and went in. Marc looked up from his bed and I shook my head, "She was asleep."

"Ah, yeah, it is pretty late," he said and I nodded my head and went to my bed and fell asleep.

-Alex-
"This is really a bumpy ride!" I whined as I gripped onto the seat and feeling the airplane ride the wind.

"You afraid to fly, Alex?" Geno asked from the seat behind me.

"I'm afraid to crash. Flying is fine, crashing, not so much," I said and then he and Marc laughed.

We were on a private plane heading towards Ottawa, Canada. Our game against the Senators was tomorrow afternoon and then we would be driving home after that.

Sidney was sitting next to me teasing me about how I was such a baby, but then when we hit the turbulence, he agreed that it was getting bad. He hit the intercom for the air attendant to come over.

"Can I help you?" the woman said as she walked over.

"Can we get the lady her a water?" he asked.

"Screw that! Get the lady a Captain Coke, heavy on the Captain!" I barked and Geno and Marc laughed.

"Yes, ma'am," the attendant said and then walked away.

"Or that," Sidney said and then chuckled and shook his head.

The lady brought my drink back and I downed it and then held my forehead as we hit more turbulence, "Oh this is going to be a long three hours flight."

-Sidney-
We landed in Ottawa and I thought that when we got off the plane that Alex was going to kiss the ground. It was really cold and was snowing, and we all ran into the small airport as we piled off of the plane. It was about eleven in the morning and we watched as the workers took our bags out of the plane and place them on the bus that pulled onto the air strip that was going to take us to our hotel. Once the bus was packed up we were called over, and then groaned when we had to go back out into the cold.

As everyone piled onto the bus, Alex snatched the seat next to Marc and I had to sit with Eric Tangradi as we headed towards our hotel, which ended up being about a block away from the arena.
When we got to the hotel we got off of the bus and all grabbed our bags. I laughed when I saw Alex's bag, because you could tell which one was Alex's a mile away. All of the guys had black sports bags from different companies, but hers was a bright tiger striped bag.

I watched as Cooke grabbed her bag and threw it over towards her. I saw her pick the bag up with her right arm and throw it over her shoulder and instantly regret it. There was pain on her face and she dropped the bag and switched it over towards her left arm and walk into the hotel.

'...Uh Oh...'

-Alex-
I was in my room and sighed as I looked at my shoulder, which was disgustingly bruised. I sighed and then heard a knock on my door. I put my shirt back on and then walked over towards my door and opened it to see Sidney standing there.

"Hey!" I said as I let him in and then looked into the hallway to see no one there and then shut the door. I turned around to be attacked by Sidney's lips, I was a little taken back, but then smirked and felt him push me up against the wall. I winced and then gasped when Sidney put pressure on my right shoulder.

"You all right?" he asked and I nodded my head and walked away from him holding my shoulder, "Alex, don't lie to me."

"I'm fine, it's just a little bruised," I said and he walked over towards me.

"Let me see," he said and I shook my head, "Come on, let me see it."

I tried to pull my sleeve up put that didn't work, so I just took my shirt off. His eyes widened as he walked over and looked at it.

"Damn, he got you good," he said and I nodded my head, "Come on."

"What?" I asked confused.

"Come on, put your shirt back on," he said and then walked over towards the door.

I decided to change into a tank top and then throw a zip up on. I followed him out the door after grabbing my key and then we went down to his room.