Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 025:

Chapter Twenty Five
"Come on, Ref! That's a bogus call!" Sidney yelled as we watched as Geno was skating over towards the penalty box.

"I saw what I saw," he said and I sighed and then skated over towards Sidney and started to push him back.

"Come on, no good arguing with the Ref or you'll end up in the box too," I said and he growled and skated back over towards the benches.

We were in the last five minutes of the first period, James had just scored the first goal with Geno assisting, putting up in the lead, and the apparently right after that, Geno pushed the Senators #15 Zack Smith earning himself an Interference penalty. I didn't see it, so I didn't know what happened. I was leaning against the side looking up at the jumbotron because they were replaying the issue.

'...It does look like an interference call...' I thought as I heard Sidney growl. The Senators were on a power play and I was called back onto the bench as James, Eric, Kris Letang and Paul Martin skated onto the ice.

The period was over and we all walked back to the locker room. I sat on the bench and grabbed a towel to wipe the sweat and ice off of my protector.

"Conners!" I looked up and Coach was calling me, "How's that shoulder of yours?"

"Better, healing nicely," I said and he nodded his head.

"Good to hear," he said and then went back to talking to Doc.

Doc had checked my shoulder before the game, and it was doing better. Coach had put me on, but I wasn't able to do much.

When the second period started I was stuck on the bench, but when Coach told me to go, I went. I skated over towards the face off and ended up facing off against #19 Jason Spezza, he won and then took the puck and skated down the ice.

-Sidney-
The game was tied and no one won in overtime, so we were going to have a shoot out. In the first round, #9 Milan Michalek lost against Fleury, but James won against their goaltender, #41 Craig Anderson, the total was zero to one, Penguins. In the second round Jason Spezza won against Fleury, but I also won against Anderson, the total was one to two, Penguins. In round three #7 Kyle Turris, scored against Fleury. It was time, if we got this goal, then we won the game, Coach was going to send Geno out there to do, but then changed his mind and decided that he was going to send Alex.

Alex jumped over the boards and started to skate away.

"Hey," I called and she looked back, "You can do this!"

She nodded her head and then skated towards the center of the ice. We were all standing up watching her and hoping that she got it. I watched as she circled around the ice and then set her stance. She skated down the ice and looked like she was going to try and shoot from her right he was waiting for her and I was getting nervous, but she faked it by spinning around and shot from her left, scoring and winning the game. Final score, two to one, Penguins.

We all cheered and rushed onto the ice and headed over towards her. Everyone crowded around her and she laughed and cheered with us. We skated over towards the bench and Coach smiled and nodded towards her. Everyone headed back to the locker rooms happy to have finally broken the losing streak.

"Nice moves you pulled there, Alex," Eric said and she smiled.

"Thanks, Marc and I have been working on it for a while now," she said and I looked over towards Marc who smiled and nodded his head.

-Alex-
We all had showered and changed and were still in the locker room when some of the reports walked in. My eyes widened as a camera was shoved into my face and this blonde big breasted lady, who had no clue what she was talking about, started asking me questions.

"So how does it feel to be the only woman on the NFL?" she said and I was confused.

"Uh, sweetie, it's NHL," I corrected and she looked embarrassed, I felt like an asshole, and I to do something to cover myself, "It's all right, easy mistake of the tongue."

"Right," she aid and then looked over towards Sidney who was tying his sneakers, "So you feel good that you finally made it?"

"I've been playing for the NHL for three years now," I said and then saw the way she was looking at Sidney and didn't like it, '...Really lady?!...'

"Right, right, so how does it feel to help cause the win for tonight and bringing yourselves up after the past two lost games?"

"It feels good, you know, we have to go back and look to see what we did wrong on those games and fix it," I answered to see that she wasn't even looking at me.

"Hey, my girl, Alex here one the game for us!" Geno yelled as he stood up in only his jeans.

'...Thanks...' I thought as I smiled towards him, because he had gotten the attention off of me and the camera out of my face.

The locker room was filled with cheers and I laughed and grabbed my bag.

"Let's get out of here," I heard Sidney whisper in my ear and felt his hand on my back as he guided me out of the room.

"I hate reports, especially ones who have no idea what they're talking about," I complained and he laughed.

"Couldn't have been that bad."

"She said NFL instead of NHL," I said and then shook my head, "I'll have to remember to thank
Geno though."

"Why?"

"He got the camera out of my face long enough to get the hell out of dodge," I said and he laughed.

"Hey, you did good tonight," Sidney said as we stopped and I leaned against the wall.

"Thanks," I said and Sidney looked around us to see that no one was there and then came in and then pressed his lips against mine.

"Good thing it's only me, huh!"

My eyes widened and I looked to see Marc standing in front of us, '...Crap...'

"Man, Alex, relax," Marc said as he looked down the hallway he just turned from, "I know."

"You told him?!" I said as I looked at Sidney.

"He figured it out!"

"Chill, I'm not going to tell anyone," he said and I nodded, "I know why you're doing it, and I understand."

"Thank you," I said and Marc walked over and wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me away from Sidney.

"Anything for my number one fan," he teased and I laughed.

The three of us walked outside and headed down the alley that led to the side door of the hotel that we were staying at.

"Man, I'm hungry," I said as we walked into the hotel and over towards the elevator.

"Yeah, but we're leaving once everyone gets back and our bus is here," Sidney said and I sighed.

"An eight hour bus trip, perfect," I said and sighed, "Maybe I'll order room service."

"If you do, I'm joining you!" Marc said and I nodded my head.

"Hey Cooke, where you going?" Sidney asked as we saw Matt heading towards us.

"To get food, I'm hungry."

"So are we."

"There's a little hoagie shop next door," he said and we nodded our heads, "Kyle and Dylan are already there," Mat said talking about #48 Kyle Kennedy and #42 Dylan Reese.

"We'll be over soon then," I said and then headed to my room to throw my bag in and to grab my purse. When I walked back out into the hallway, Sidney and Marc were already there, "You should probably text the rest of the guys and tell them where we're going, they're probably hungry too."

"Yeah, I know Geno will be, he's always hungry," Sidney said and I laughed and he grabbed my hand and laced his fingers with mine.

I smiled at the fact that I was able to do that, but was a little upset that it was only because no one was around, and Marc didn't care. Once we were in the lobby, Sidney let go and we walked outside and into the hoagie shop next door to get some food for us starving hockey players.