Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 026:

Chapter Twenty Six
"It's been a while, Conners."

"I know, funny to be playing against you guys and it's not the Championships," I said to fellow Left Wing #20 for the New Jersey Devils, Ryan Carter.

It was Saturday and it was a home game against the Devils. I was pumped for this game, because I wanted to prove to myself that I could beat these guys again. We won our away game on Thursday against the New York Rangers, but lost our second home game against the New York Islanders on Tuesday.

Each team was on their side of the ice warming up and awaiting the fans for the sold out game. I was standing of the middle of the ice exchanging some words with some of the Devils who were a little too excited to see me here. Nothing too hateful was being said, but it definitely attracted the attention of both Captains.

"Problem here?" Captain to the Devils #24 Bryce Salvador asked.

"I don't know, is there?" I asked as I glared at #19 Travis Zajac because he was saying that if I hadn't of tripped him in the second period of the Championship, and then he would have been able to score. But I never tripped him, and I wasn't called on it, and he refuses to listen to me.

"Alex, are you starting the party too soon again?" Geno asked as he skated over with Sidney, #10 Tanner Glass and #16 Brandon Sutter.

"Not without you, Geno," I smirked as I continued my glare towards Travis.

"All right, all right, break it up!" the refs ordered as they skated in-between us and had us go back onto our own sides.

Coach called me over towards the bench and I skated over, "Now I saw how well you played against these guys in the Championship, can you bring that again tonight?"

"Of course," I said and he smirked.

"Good, I'm going to need you to!" he said and I smirked and looked over towards the Devils.

"I'm in, Coach," I said and he nodded his head.

"All right, good," he said and then tapped my helmet and then sent me on my way.

I skated over towards James and Sidney who were pressed up against the glass and Sidney was cracking his neck, "What was that about?"

"Coach wanted to make sure that I would kick ass today," I said and Sidney smirked and I stood next to him and leaned against the glass.

"Don't worry, Alex, you will."

"Thanks James! Oh, Sam is here!" I said and he had a huge smile on his face.

"Mel too, right?!" Geno asked as he skated over.

I laughed and then nodded my head, "Yeah, the two of them are in the section 117. I think they have glass seats too."

"Why not sitting in the box?" Sidney asked because I could have gotten them in for free that way.

"They like glass seats," I said and they smirked, "I kind of talked the one guy in the ticket office into giving me those tickets."

"And how is 'I talking him into it' go?" Geno asked.

"You know, being really nice," I said and he laughed.

"And?"

"What?" I asked and James and Geno smirked towards me.

"What else?"

"Ok wearing a low cut shirt and flirting a little helps too," I said and shook my head.

"Thought so," Geno said.

"Today's Sam's birthday, right?" James asked and I nodded my head.

"Yeah, we're going out after the game, you guys wanna come?"

"Of course!" they same and I laughed.

"I got her something," James said and I smiled widely.

"Aw, that's so cute! What did you get her?!" I asked because James and Sam have started to go on dates and they were so cute together.

"Just a necklace that she was looking at when we were out the other day," he said and I smiled.

"Hey Alex, looks like you have a fan," Eric Tangradi said as he skated over and then nudged his head for me to look behind me.

Sidney and I turned around and I saw a little girl about seven or eight years old holding up a sign saying 'Alex is my Hero!' and she and who looked to be her brother were wearing my jersey. I smiled and then waved to them, the little girl's face lit up with a big smile and she was looking back towards her Mom jumping up and down. I laughed and then turned back around. Geno and James left and I sighed and looked at the ice.

"You got that face again," Sidney said and I looked at him.

"What face?"

"What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing."

"Yes you are."

"All right, I was just wishing that my relationship with my Mom could have been like that," I said and Sidney knew that I was talking about the little girl.

"How do you know that their life isn’t like how yours was?"

"Because she's here," I said and then I heard him sigh.

"There's nothing you can do to change the past, Alex. And think about it this way, if the things that happened in the past didn't happen, you might not have gotten where you are today. Everything happens-"

"Happens for a reason, yes I've heard it before," I said and then Sidney smirked and patted my shoulder.

"It'll be all right, come on," he said and then we skated back towards the bench because we needed to head back to the locker room.

Throughout the first period, nothing really exciting happened, I was only on the ice for three minutes forty-nine seconds, and that was mostly spent, trying to help Fleury block the players from shooting the puck. By the end of the period no one had scored a goal and things were getting frustrating.

Throughout the second period I scored the first two goals, my first official goals of the season, the first one with the assistance of Brandon Sutter and Geno, and then the second one all on my own. We were on our side of the ice, and I managed to steal the puck and I darted for the goal and scored. By the end of the period I had a total of six minutes eleven seconds on the ice, and the score was two to one, Penguins.

Throughout the third period I assisted Sidney in scoring the fourth goal and then scored my third goal in the season with the assistance of #41 Robert Bortuzzo and #9 Pascal Dupuis. I was on fire for this game and by the end of the period I had a total of seven minutes thirty seconds on the ice, with a total of seventeen minutes thirty seconds for the game and the final score was five to one, Penguins.

We were in the locker room and everyone was cheering because I was on fire tonight, and scored three goals. We all showered and changed and I brought the clothes with me that I was going to wear out with the girls. I changed into a pair of black leather leggings with a long gray/blue short sleeve shirt that ended at my thighs and then had a black sports jacket with white cuffs. I grabbed my heals that matched the color of my shirt and then I had the necklace that Sidney had gotten me for Christmas and then placed some of my white gold bracelets on. I did my makeup and fixed my hair and then walked over towards my locker.

"Damn Alex, you're looking good!" Geno said as he came over and leaned on the wall next to me.

"Thank you."

"So does this mean I get to take you out tonight?"

"Keep dreaming, sweetie," I said and then patted his chest and organized my bag.

“Holy shit, Crosby! What the hell happened to your back?!” I heard to see Sidney walking out of the showers in only his jeans and drying his hair with his towel.

“Forgot about those,” he said and I had to hide my face because it was bright red.

“Looks like you had a lot of fun with someone last night,” James said and Sidney smirked and I tried not to laugh.

“So who was the lucky girl?” Geno asked.

Last night Sidney had taken me out to dinner and then we went back to my place. Sam was out with James so we had the place to ourselves and we got a little crazy. Sidney made me scream out in pleasure last night that even thinking about it made me horny. I felt bad that I dug my nails into him last night and actually made him bleed, but he was so good last night. I sent a smirk towards Sidney and then saw Marc smirking towards me and I blushed and quickly grabbed my bags and headed out of the room.

"Alex!"

I turned around and saw Sam and Mel leaning over the poles and looking down towards me. There were two guards there and I knew I needed to go over and save them. I threw my bag onto the ground and then walked over towards there.

"It's all right guys, they're with me," I said and they nodded their heads, "I thought I asked you to wait by my car."

"It's too damn cold out there!" Mel said and I laughed and helped them climb down, we walked into the halls and manage to avoid the reports as we went outside and hurried to my car to start this birthday weekend.