Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 028:

Chapter Twenty Eight
“Sidney, you need to calm down! I know he pisses you off, but calm down!” I said as Geno and I pushed Sidney back.

We were in the middle of the second period against the Washington Capitals; the score was four to two, Penguins. Sidney’s rival or whatever you call him, Alex Ovechkin was on this team, and the two of them hated each other over personal reasons. They were facing off one another and Ovechkin said something to Sidney and he snapped and attacked him.

“Alex is right man; you need to get your head back in the game. He’s just trying to piss you off and you’re letting him,” Chris Kunitz said as he skated over to help me out.

Sidney growled and the ref skated over and told Sidney that he had a penalty for roughing. I sighed and then watched as Sidney skated over towards the penalty box. Coach called a time out and everyone skated over towards the bench.

“What happened?” Coach asked and I shook my head.

“I have no idea, Ovechkin said something to him that pissed him off,” I explained and Coach growled.

“All right, Orpik, Dupuis, Letang and Conners, on the ice, now!” Coach asked as the buzzard rang saying time out was over.

The four of us skated to the left corner of the ice on our side, and I went to face off against #74 John Carlson, he was caught by the ref for moving too soon and was switched out for #8 Alex Ovechkin.

‘…Shit…’ I thought as he skated in front of me and then smirked and bent down.

“What did you say to Crosby?” I growled as I glared towards him.

“Just something personal,” he said with a disgusting smirk on his face.

“You mess with my teammate, you mess with me,” I snapped.

“Oh, sounds like fun. You can mess with me any time.”

My eyes widened and my grip tightened on my stick, ‘…Don’t let him get to you, Alex. He’s just trying to mess with you!...’

“That’s what I told Crosby at least,” he said and the ref dropped the puck, but neither Ovechkin nor I went for it. He stared at me with this smirk on his face and I glared at him.

The ref blew the whistle when Ovechkin and I both stood up and were right in each other’s face. I glared towards him and just wanted to punch that smirk off of his face.

“Alex, come on,” Pascal said as he stood next to me. He pulled me back, “You’re letting him get to you too.”

“That disgusting prick!” I spat and Pascal looked over towards Ovechkin and then told #44 Brooks Orpik to do the face off.

“You all right?” Kris Letang mouthed to me and I nodded my head and skated back to my place and waited for the puck to drop.

Brooks won the face off and the puck the shot over towards me and I darted for the other side of the ice. Passing it over to Letang, who then passed it to Orpik, then back to me, I was open and skated around the net, I shot it but it was blocked. I growled and then tried it again, but the puck was stolen by a Capital and I went after it. Ovechkin had the puck and I skated in front of him, stealing the buck as he was about to pass it and headed back down to the net. I felt something on my skate and before I knew it I was on the ice and sliding towards the net. I was tripped and then ran over the goalie who was now lying on top of me.

“Alex!” I heard Letang call and saw him outside the net.

“I’m good,” I said and then crawled out when the goaltender got off of me.

“Number seventeen on the home team, Wojtek Wolski, tripping, two minute penalty,” the ref announced as I stood up and Orpik, Dupuis and Letang stood around me, “Number twenty-eight on the visiting team, Alexandra Conners, goaltender interference, two minute penalty.”

“WHAT?!” I yelled and I heard Coach yelled, “Ref, I was tripped! I can’t control where I’m going to land!”

“Not my problem,” he said and I threw my hands in the air and shook my head.

“This is bullshit! He tripped me!”

“Alex, Coach is challenging it,” Kris said as he put his hand on my arm, I growled and was pulled back.

I looked up at the jumbotron and saw that they were reviewing my tripping and then looked to see that Sidney’s penalty ended in about seven seconds. They announced that my penalty call was dropped and I nodded my head and looked at Coach. He decided that he was going to put me back on the bench for now until I cooled down.

Coach ended up not playing me until the last three minutes of the game where we scored our sixth goal. Chris Kunitz scored while Sidney and Kris Letang assisted him. The final score was six to three, Penguins. When we walked back into the locker rooms, I was quiet, I didn’t really want to talk to anyone, what Ovechkin had said to me was bothering me, and I didn’t know why. I’ve heard players say that to me before, some even said worse, but when he said it, just made me want to rip his throat out.

-Sidney-
Alex showered and changed in silence and then left to head out to the bus before anyone else. Everyone was kind of surprised because we thought that she would have been in a good mood since we won.

“What’s wrong with her?” Cooke asked and I sighed.

“I think I know,” Dupuis said and we looked at him, “Ovechkin said something to her and whatever he said has really gotten to her.”

I glared at the ground just by hearing that guy’s name, and to think that he did something to Alex, it really pissed me off.

“What did he say to you, Crosby?” Cooke asked and I shook my head saying I didn’t want to talk about it, “All right.”

I finished up and then walked out of the locker room.

“Sid!” I turned around and saw Marc heading towards me, “What did he say to you?”

I sighed and looked around to see if anyone was there, “He said something about Alex. He said he was interested in her. I told him that she would mess him up in a heartbeat, and he said that, that sounded like fun and that she could mess him up any day.”

Marc look disgusted and I nodded my head, “Man, he’s just trying to get under your skin, he always has. And you always let him!”

“I know! I know!” I said and we walked down the hallway.

“I said Don’t! Touch! Me!” we heard and then Marc and I dropped our bags and then turned the hallway to see Ovechkin was standing in front of Alex smirking towards her. He had his arm next to her head and was coming in closer. Alex was against the wall glaring towards him and watched as his hand came closer towards her face and he played with her hair. I froze shocked at what I was seeing. Ovenckin then said something and I saw Alex’s eyes widened and then she had a disgust look on her face and she brought her knee up and kneed him in his manhood, “Learn some manors asshole!”

“Damn,” Marc muttered and I walked over towards Alex.

“You all right?” I asked and she nodded her head.

“I see why you don’t like him now,” she said and I grabbed her arm and walked her outside and onto the bus.

I sat her down and then sat next to her and saw that no one was here yet. When I was about to say something to her, she grabbed my face and pressed her lips onto mine.

We parted and I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her closer to me, “Alex, what did he say to you?”

“Same thing he said to you from what I hear,” she answered and I sighed and held her tighter.

We heard someone coming onto the bus and Sidney let me go and we saw Marc coming on, “You all right, Alex?”

“Peachy,” she said and I smirked.

“Sid, I put your bag underneath.”

“Thanks man,” I said and then one by one everyone came onto the bus and we wanted to head home. Today was Super Bowl Sunday after all, and we might not be home to see the beginning of the game, but we might make it for at least the middle of the second quarter.

When the bus started to head out some of the guys were making bets on who was going to win the game and I looked over and saw Alex staring out the window. I sighed and then wondered what I was going to do. I grabbed my phone and then sent a text to Geno and Marc saying that we had to do something to cheer her up.