Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 029:

Chapter Twenty Nine
-Alex-
“Come on, Alex! We won, you have to cheer up!” Eric said as he turned around to look at Sidney and me.

“I know something that will cheer her up,” I heard Geno saw and then he grabbed my phone out of my hands and ran to the front of the bus.

“What the hell?” I asked and then saw him looking through my phone.

“And presto,” he said and then I heard one of my favorite songs playing.

“Oh my god!” I said and smirked, Justin Timberlake ‘Senorita’, “Nice one, Geno.”

“I know my girl,” he said as he walked back and pounded fists with me, “When I look into your eyes,” he started to sing and I laughed and shook my head, “I see something that money can’t buy!”

“Senorita, I feel for you! You give me things that you don’t have to!” I sang and Geno shook my shoulders.

Geno then got up from his seat and headed for the bus and then turned around and started to move his fingers looking like he was a conducting an orchestra, “Now listen, I wanna try something right now,” he sang and I clapped my hands and laughed, “See they don’t do this anymore, Imma a sing something,” Geno started to act like he was Justin Timberlake and I shook my head, “And I want the guys to sing with me!”

“Hell no!” some of the guys yelled but Geno was persistent.

“They go, ‘It feels like something’s heating up, can I leave with you?’,” he sang and I looked around and saw Dustin Jeffrey recording this and I laughed, “And then Alex goes,” he changed, “I don’t know what I’m thinking ‘bout, really leaving with you! Guys sing,” he conducted and then some of the guys actually sang, Sidney being one of them. Geno pointed towards me when he wanted to sing and I laughed because since I was the only girl on the bus, I sang it by myself, “Gentlemen goodnight, Alex,” he kissed my cheek, “Good morning.”

Geno sat down and I laughed and the guys cheered. That definitely got my mood up, and when Coach said ‘Thank god that’s over’, I only laughed harder.

“Geno, I’m surprised you even knew that song!” I teased and the guys laughed.

You see, we were stuck in traffic, and the bus wasn’t moving, that’s the only reason Geno was able to walk around and do what he did. James then got out of his seat and then ran over towards my phone.

“James!” I called and he looked towards me, “Play Blackstreet.”

“Don’t you mean ‘Backstreet’?” Dustin asked and I shook my head.

James played the song and some of the guys said that they remembered this song, Blackstreet ‘No Diggity’. I sang along and danced in my seat and had a good time, enjoying our win and good spirits.
When we finally got home, it was the middle of halftime and Beyonce was performing. Geno, Sidney, James, Eric Tangradi, Kris Letang, and Dustin Jeffrey came over my house and ordered some pizza. The boys sped out of the igloo parking lot and made it to my house before I was even home.

I walked into my home and heard the boys yelling before I even walked up the stairs. I sighed and shook my head as I carried my bag up the stairs and saw Sam and Mel standing in my kitchen enjoying the view. I smirked and then nudged my head for them to follow me upstairs. I walked into my room and they walked in and shut my door.

“We watched the game, what happened?” Mel asked and Sam nodded her head.

“We you know that the two of them don’t like each other,” I started, referring to Sidney and Ovechkin and they nodded their head. I told them everything and the shook their heads in disgust and I nodded my head, “I know.”

There was a knock on my bedroom door and it opened to Sidney walking in, “Hey.”

“Hey,” I said and he walked in, “What’s up?”

“Um, your Dad’s downstairs,” he said and I was confused.

“Really?” I asked and he nodded his head and I looked at Mel and Sam, “Wonder what’s wrong?”

We walked downstairs and I saw my Dad standing behind the couch watching the game with the boys. When he saw me he smiled and then walked over towards me, “Lexi!”

“Hi Daddy,” I said and then hugged him, “What’s up? Are you by yourself?”

“Yes, can we talk? I’m sorry I didn’t mean to intrude,” he said and I shook my head.

“No, you’re welcomed here any time,” I said and then we went outside and then sat on the back porch. It wasn’t that cold and it was quieter than sitting inside, “So what’s up? I know you didn’t drive six hours just to say hi.”

“Your Mother and I are getting a divorce,” he said and I looked at him and sighed.

“I was wondering when you were going to leave her,” I said and looked at my Dad to see that he look hurt, “Dad, she’s my Mom, and she will always be my Mom, but-“

“I know what you’re saying,” he said and then stood up and turned his back towards me, “You don’t understand-“

“No I don’t understand, I’ve never been through what you’re going through,” I said and then heard the guys cheer.

“You’re Mother is talking everything,” he said and I looked at him confused, “She’s taking the house, the money, hell, I think she’s even taking my car!”

My eyes widened and I clenched my fists just thinking about that heartless bitch, “Dad, if it’s money you need-“

“No! I’m not here for that!” he said and I stood up and walked over towards him.

“You’re more than welcomed to be here, Dad,” I said and he looked at me, “I love you, it’s going to work out.”

“Thank you, Lexi.”

“For the house, you know I have an extra room, the money, I have money, and for the car, well I can buy you a new one.”

“No, I have money hidden in a separate account incase this happened, but she’s looking through everything to make sure that she’s going to get it. I need your help, I’m going to empty the account. Can you keep it hidden for me?”

“Of course! Anything!” I said and he hugged me and I held my Dad tight.

“I think I want to move down here. Pittsburgh I mean,” he said and I smiled and nodded my head.

“I’d like that,” I said and he smiled.

“Get an apartment, find a new job, start a new life here,” Dad said and I nodded my head, “Thank you, Lexi!”

“You’re my Dad, it’s in the job description to help you in your time of need,” I said and we laughed.

“Hey Alex!” I looked over to see James popping his head out the glass door and looking at me, “The pizza guy is here, do you know where those coupons are at?”

“You guys are going to look like a pizza soon! They’re in the third drawer away from the sink.”

“Left or Right?”

“Left,” I said and he went back inside.

“You’re friends seem nice,” Dad said and I laughed.

“Yeah, they practically live here.”

“They’re not there!” James said as he came back out.

“I’m telling you, they’re on the left side,” I said and he shook his head. I growled and walked over towards the door and looked in to see that Geno was in the kitchen, “Are you serious?! Dumbass, your LEFT! That’s your right!” Geno walked to the drawer and pulled out the coupons, “There you go!”

My Dad laughed as I closed the door and walked over towards him shaking his head, “Like a zoo!”

“I know right!” I said and then laughed.

“I’m glad you found someplace where you belong,” he said and I smiled.

“Thank you, it means a lot to me,” I said and then my Dad patted my shoulder.

“So,” he started and then sat down, “Any boyfriends I should know about?”

I smirked and then looked at him, “Well, now that you ask.”

“You and that Sidney kid shack up?”

“Dad! Oh god, no one says ‘shack up’ anymore,” I said and he laughed, “And we’re together.”

“So he’s your boyfriend?”

“Yes.”

“Well I would hope so after standing up for you to your Mother,” Dad said and I smiled remembering that night.

“No one really knows about it though,” I said and Dad looked at me so I explained to him about not making it public yet because of the double standard, he understood and I smiled happy on how this day ended, “Welcome to Pittsburgh, Dad.”