Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 031:

Chapter Thirty One
'...No!...' my eyes widened as I watched as he hit the ice hard. Geno was by his side in seconds, and I skated over there slowly, hoping that he was all right. The roar of the crowd cheering for him being on the ice made me sick. I took a gulp, nervous about what I was going to hear, Doc ran over and looked at him. Sidney took a puck to the face and hit the ground and was still face down on the ice. He was moving around, and when he moved his head, I saw the blood, '...Breathe Alex, breathe, he'll be all right...'

Sidney sat up and a towel was placed on his face, I couldn't really see what the damage was. I stood next to Geno and watched as Sidney stood up and was guided to the door to go back to the locker room.

"Alex. Alex!"

I shook my head and then looked over towards Geno, "He'll be all right."

"I'm worried, he just over his concussion," I said and Geno nodded his head.

"He'll be all right. He always comes back," Geno said and I nodded my head, and we needed to continue the game.

It was the second period in the game against the New York Islanders, the score was one to zero, Penguins. I was sitting on the bench watching as #14 Chris Kunitz, #27 Craig Adams, #58 Kris Letang, #47 Simon Despres and #16 Brandon Sutter skated onto the ice and then Simon soon scored the second goal in the game with the assistance of Kunitz and Letang.

When I saw Sidney come back out onto the ice in the third period I sighed in relief and controlled myself from getting up and kissing him right there. He came over towards the bench and nodded his head towards me, telling me he was all right. I knew he was because before he was back on the ice, and helping win the game.

Once we showered and changed, we all walked into the parking lot and got onto the bus that was going to take us to our hotel. When I got to my room I threw my bag onto the ground and then took my shirt off and dug through my bag for my sports bra, because I wanted to go down to the hotel gym to run, because I had so much energy in me that needed to come out. I grabbed my sports bra and shorts and then changed into them and then threw a zip up on. I made sure that I had my headphones, Iphone and room key before I left and headed downstairs.

-Sidney-
I got to my room and threw my bag on the ground and sat on my bed. Geno walked in and then threw his bag next to mine and sighed.

"You all right?" he asked and I looked at him and nodded my head, "Go see Alex, she was worried."

"I figured," I said and then stood up and headed towards the door, when I opened it, I saw James and Eric in front of my looking like they were about to knock on the door, "Hey guys, what's up?"

"We wanted to go for some drinks, you in?" he asked and Geno yelled yes.

"Let me go see Alex first," I said and started to walk down the hall to her room.

"Oh, try the gym! I saw her heading down there," Eric said and I waved and headed down towards the gym.

When I got to the gym's door I saw that Alex was running on the treadmill alongside Pascal Dupuis. I got my phone out and texted her tell her that I was outside the door. I saw her look up in the mirror and smile towards me and then look down at her phone. She texted me back saying that she wanted to run about three miles and that she would be up in about an hour. I told her that we were going out for drinks and that I would see her later.

I sighed as I walked to the elevator and headed upstairs and walked to my room. I grabbed my jacket and then Geno, James, Eric and some of the other guys headed out to the bar down the street for some drinks.

-Alex-
I managed to run about five miles before I thought I did enough and wanted to go to bed. Pascal left me about a half hour ago, and I looked at my phone to see that it was almost midnight. I left the gym and headed to my room, I knew that some of the guys were out getting drinks, so I decided that I was going to take a shower and get ready for bed. But when I came out of the shower, there was a knock at my door and I smirked because I thought it was Sidney, but when I opened the door and saw Marc, I was a little disappointed.

"Wow, I feel the love," Marc said as he saw what my face looked like.

"Sorry."

"I know, I know, you were hoping for lover boy," he said as he walked into my room and saw in the chair in the corner of the room.

"How come you didn't go with the guys?" I asked and shook his head.

"I didn't want to," he said and I nodded my head.

"So how's the wife?" I asked and he smiled.

"She's good, she can't wait until the season is over so that she can spend more time with me."

"Aw, that's cute. Hey what are you doing for Easter?"

"Nothing, she'll probably cook something," he said and I sat on my bed.

"Come to my place, we're going to have some stuff. Sidney's family might come down and my Dad, and Geno, James, Sam and Mel."

"I'll ask Veronique, thank you."

"No problem," I said and then heard my phone go off. I looked at it and then saw that Dustin Jeffrey was asking me to come down to the bar, because he needed my help. I guess Marc got the same text but I was up and threw some jeans and sneakers on and I was out the door after grabbing my jacket. When we got out into the hallway, Tanner Glass and #46 Joe Vitale were coming out of their room.

"You too?" Marc asked and they nodded their heads and held their phones up.

The four of us ran down the streets of New York looking for this bar that the guys were at.

"What bar are they at?" Joe asked and I looked at my phone, but Marc beat me to it.

"This one!" Marc pointed to and we ran in to see that there was a fight going on.

"Shit!" I said as I pushed my way through the crowd to make it to the middle to see that some of the Islanders team was here and had started a fight.

Sidney was arguing with #40 to the Islanders, Michael Grabner. I made my way up to them and pushed them both back and stood in-between them. Both of them had bruising on their faces and Sidney's lip was bleeding, Geno and so of the others didn't look so hot either.

"Calm down!" I said as Grabner said something and both Sidney and Geno wanted to go after him. I was pissed because of this situation. I pushed Sidney and Geno backed and then pointed my finger towards them, "Sit down!" I felt like a Mother scolding her children, he huge, adult, hotheaded children. I turned back towards Garbner and then his teammate, #21 Kyle Okposo stood in front of me, "Calm down!"

"Why don't you make me?" he smirked and I glared.

"I suggest you sit down, because you won't like me making you sit down," I said and he took a step closer towards me.

"Make me, because I so want you to make me right now," he said and then put his hand on my hip.

I bit my lip and then nodded my head, "All right," I took a step back and then kicked in the back of his knee and the hit his head off of the table and pushed him onto a chair, "I told you, you wouldn't like it."

The bartender announced for apparently the second time that if we didn't leave then he was going to call the police. Nothing was broken, so I figured that that was why the police weren't here.
I looked towards Okposo, "Do you wanna end up like your buddy here?" he shook his head, "Then I suggest you take him and the rest of your team and get the hell out of here!"

They did and I turned around and saw the some of the guys had smirks on their faces. They started to praise me, shocked that I was able to do what I did, but I wasn't taking it, because I was pissed with them, "Get back to the damn hotel!" I scolded and pointed towards the door, I think they were surprised that I was pissed and yelling at them, "Get going!" I yelled when they didn't move. They left the bar one by one and that's when I did see the mess. I sighed and then saw Marc next to me, I walked over towards the bartender, "What happened?"

"You buddies that were in the blue shirts," he said talking about Geno and Sidney, "had a little too much to drink, and then the other guys came in and started the fight."

"So the other guys started the fight?"

"Yeah, are you a reporter?" he asked clearly not knowing that he just had a bunch of hockey players in his bar.

"No son, she's a hockey player," an old man that sat two seats down from where I was standing, "Alexandra Conners, I'll be damned."

"Hello," I said and he smiled towards me and held out his hand. I shook it and he kissed it, I found it sweet since he had to be in his sixties.

"Listen, I'm not the owner and I'm pretty sure that when he sees this, he's going to be pissed," the guy said and I sighed.

"I'm sorry for this mess. Do you have a pen?" the guy handed me a pen and I grabbed a napkin and wrote down the igloo's address and my name and told him to send the bill for the repairs here.

The guy nodded his head and Marc and I then walked out of the bar, it was almost one in the morning and it was snowing. Although, I was so mad that I'm pretty sure that the snow was melting right off of me and I was leaving burn marks in the sidewalk as we headed back to the hotel.