Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 032:

Chapter Thirty Two
-Sidney-
Geno, James, Eric, Kris, Tyler Kennedy, Brandon Sutter, and a few of the other guys were in Geno and my room cleaning up after getting in the fight.

"Damn, Alex was pissed!" Eric said and I sighed.

"Dude, but she totally kicked Grabner's ass though!" Kris said as he walked out the bathroom holding a towel full of ice to his eye.

"She's gunna chew our asses out though," Geno said as he looked at me and I nodded my head.

"We're screwed," James said.

"I just hope Coach doesn't find out," Brandon said and we all groaned.

'...If Alex doesn't kill us first...' I thought and there was a pounding on the door and we all jumped, '...It's either Alex or Coach, and we're screwed either way...'

Eric opened the door and Marc walked in and we looked at him and then stood up. We all sighed with relief when we saw that he was by himself.

"I would stay away from Alex for a while," Marc said and I sighed, "You guys like released the Kraken," Geno cursed and I sighed and sat back down holding my hurting head, "Do I even want to know what happened?"

"Probably not," Brandon said.

"Yeah well, it's just lucky for you that Dustin texted us, or your asses would probably be in a jail cell," Marc said and I nodded my head, "I just spent the last half hour trying to calm her down and listen to her yell about how irresponsible you guys acted, which she's right by the way!"

"We know, we know, it was stupid," James said and Marc walked over.

"I don't think you do," our heads shot up and we saw Alex standing in the doorway glaring at us.

'...We're dead...'

"Alex, look-" Geno started but she walked in, slammed the door closed and walked past Marc. Her being pissed was an understatement, it was like the Red Queen wanted to cut off our heads.

"No! You sit down, you shut up and you listen!" she growled and I knew we were in for it, "When you guys pull a stunt like that! You put everyone's ass on the line and I'm sorry, but I've put my body through too much to have my career be ruined by a bunch of hotheaded drunk jocks!"

'...Ouch...' I thought and then stood up, "Alex-"

"Shut up, Sidney!" she hissed and my eyes widened and I sat back down and shut up.

"Now I'm not going to tell Coach about this, only assuming that it doesn't make the newspaper, and I think that I cleaned your mess up at the bar, but I swear to God, if this happens again, you will regret it."

"But Alex-"

"Shut. Up. Geno!" she growled and I put my hand on his shoulder and sat him down. Alex was so mad that I could see her shaking and saw that she was trying real hard to chose her words carefully, "I don't care what the fight was about, and you can be damn sure that if I was with the Islanders right now that I would be chewing their asses out too!" she said and then sighed, "I'm well aware that they threw the first punch, but I'm also aware that you guys were drunk off your ass."

"Hey now-"

"Jesus Christ, Kris! Didn't you get when I told these two morons to sit down and shut up?!" she yelled while pointing towards Geno and I. He gulped and then slowly sat back down placing his towel on his head.

"Alex-"

"Marc! No!"

"Alex, come on, it's almost two in the morning, get some sleep. You're tired and frustrated, we'll deal with this later," he said and then grabbed her arm and started to take her out of the room.
Once that door closed we all sighed in relief that it was over and I rubbed my face. It might be over for these guys now, but I was definitely going to hear about it later.

"Alex is scary when she's angry," James said and we all nodded our heads.

-Alex-
I woke up the next morning still mad, but not as bad as before. These boys had some serious sucking up to do if they wanted to get on my good side, and that went double for Sidney. I changed and got my bag ready because the bus was going to be here in about an hour to take us to the JFK airport. A two hour flight back home, was better than a six hour drive home, and with the mood I'm in now, that would be a long six hours.

When it was time to leave, I sat in the front of the bus and quickly put my headphones on. Once everyone was on we headed for the airport and then the bus took us right onto the air stripe right to our private plane. I sat next to Dustin on the plane and then looked out the window, not wanting to talk to anyone on the way home.

When I pulled into the driveway I saw that Sam was there. I got out of my car, grabbed my bag, and walked into my house to smell food cooking. I heard Sam yell my name as I walked up the stairs and saw her cooking while Mel sat on the counter drinking a glass of wine.

"Uh oh, you looked pissed! Why are you pissed? What happened? I thought you won!" Mel said as she hopped off of the counter and I threw my bag on the ground.

"It's our damn boyfriends that pissed me off. I wanna kill half the team," I growled and then told them what happened.

"Wow, how many drinks did they have?" Mel asked.

"I wasn't there," I said and then I heard the front door open, "If that's them, they've got balls to just walk into my house!"

"Alex!"

"Oh good, it's only Marc," Sam said as we saw him walking up the stairs.

"Don't worry, I'm alone," he said and I nodded my head.

"I'm not really in the mood, Marc, I'm tired and I really want to soak in my hot tub," I said and he laughed.

"Just hear me out," he said and I looked at him, "They feel bad about what happened, and they want to make it up to you," I scoffed and shook my head, "What?"

"Don't you get it?" I said and he looked confused, "Look, I've had this happen before when I was on the Texan Stars, and I almost lost my shot at the NHL when they screwed up. I was serious yesterday when I said that they put all of our asses on the line. They not only need to get started on sucking up to me, but also to you and the rest of the team."

"I didn't think about it like that," he said and I nodded my head.

"That's the only reason why I'm treating this situation the way that I am," I said and Marc left saying that he'll talk to me later, "I'm going to go in the hot tub."

"You want a glass of wine?" Mel asked.

"Make it a bottle and we're good," I said and she laughed.

"How 'bout a beer?"

"Oooo, even better!" I said and then changed into my bikini, grabbed a beer and walked out into the hot tub and relaxed.