Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 033:

Chapter Thirty Three
"Don't be a sore loser," I growled as I was face to face with Ovechkin who was having a hissy fit because his team lost again.

It was Thursday night and we had a home game against the Washington Capitals, the final score was five to two, Penguins.

"You better control your mouth, or I'll have to do something about it," he said and then both of our teams started to come over.

"I'd like to see you try," I smirked and he glared at me. It's funny how the tables have turned.

"Wouldn't want to have to throw you into the boards again. Mess up that pretty face of yours," he said and I growled.

He was referring to the second period when I was skating down the ice so fast to try and make a goal, he tripped me and I fell and slid into the boards so hard that I bounced off of them and ran over James. I felt like a pinball as my back slammed against the board and then my head went back and smacked the board. When it was over, I laid on the ice trying to catch my breath and stop the world from spinning. I could hear my teammates calling my name, and felt the Doc try to pick up my head. Good thing I had a helmet on, because I would have been screwed if I didn't. I was fine and ready to go back out onto the ice once I caught my breath and sat down for a little bit.

"Knock it off guys! The games over, go to your locker room!" the refs yelled as they tried to break up the crowd.

Ovechkin pressed himself up against me and moved his head towards my ear, "But I bet you would like it if I did that," he whispered and I snapped.

"Alex! Alex!" I heard my teammates calling me.

I hadn't realized that I was clutching his jersey and looking at this man like I wanted to kill him. Dustin and Sidney were trying to get my hands free from his jersey and then they drug me back into locker room.

"What the hell was that?!" Coach yelled as he stormed into the locker room. When no one answered Coach stomped over towards me, "Conners, what were you thinking?"

"I wasn't, I'm sorry," I said and then cracked my knuckles and glared at the floor.

After Coach finished chewing my ass out I sighed and showered and changed.

"Jesus Alex, after we apologize for our stunt, you almost do the same thing," Geno said as he walked over towards me.

I didn't say anything to him, or anyone. I knew that they saw Ovechkin whisper something to me, but they didn't know what he said. I really did want to kick this guys ass.

"Alex?"

I heard Sidney call but I ignored him, grabbed my bag and walked out of the locker room, heading outside and over towards my car. I needed to get home now, before I lost my cool and did something that I was going to regret.

-Sidney-
"Whoa," Cooke said as we watched Alex storm out of the locker room, "Is she still pissed about the fight thing in New York?"

"Never mess with a woman who's already pissed," #92 Tomas Vokun, the other goaltender, said as put his shirt on, "And Alex, was pissed."

"I wonder what Ovechkin said to her this time," Dustin said and I looked over towards him.

'...Bastard...'

"You guys need to relax, you're letting him get into your head," Craig Adams said and I sighed.

"By why say anything after the game?" Brandon Sutter asked and I clenched my fists, "He wasn't trying to mess with her during the game, he said it after."

"I don't know, but you guys pay way too much attention to that prick," Adams said and I stood up and grabbed my bag.

"Hey Sid, you wanna go out for drinks?" Kris asked and I shook my head.

"Naw man, I'm gunna head home," I said and he nodded his head.

"Man! Didn't you learn your lesson the last time?" Marc yelled and the guys laughed because the night that Alex yelled at us in the hotel, she was loud enough to wake the guys up who had fallen asleep, and they heard every word that she had said.

"That girl has balls, I'll give her that," Cooke said and I smirked and then left the room and headed out towards my car and waited for Geno and James.

-Alex-
"Alex, calm down!" Sam yelled as she just screamed because I threw a vase at the wall because I was mad. The dogs were hiding in the pool table room and trying to catch my breath but all I was seeing was nothing, I completely blacked out.

-Sam-
Alex was freaking out and I was scared, I've never seen her this bad before. My eyes widened as she threw the vase and I ran for my phone to text James for some help. He replied and said that he would be right over.

"Alex, calm down!" I yelled and then walked over towards her and pulled her into the bathroom and had her lean against the sink.

She was probably using every curse work in the book and calling Ovechkin a disgusting prick. My eyes then widened as she punched the mirror when she looked at herself and it shattered.

"Alex!" I said and then grabbed a towel and placed it on her hand because it was bleeding.

I knew that Alex had anger issues, but she was a bottler. She bottled things up so much and then when something pissed her off, she exploded and to some it would be over reacting, but to her, it was every little thing that had happened ever since her last explosion, and from her outrage, it was a while ago. Alex was gripping onto the sink and looking down, her eyes were clamped shut and she was shaking. I thought playing hockey would try to teach her to control that angry, but I was a fool for that.

"Sam!" I heard James yell and then run up the stairs, "Shit."

I was trying to get Alex to let go of the sink, but she wasn't budging. I saw James walk over and Geno and Sidney were behind him.

"What happened?"

"She freaked. What happened at the game?" I asked and Sidney sighed, "She keeps talking about some Ovechkin and not saying some nice stuff about him, might I add."

"He said something to her and she snapped," Geno answered.

"Well she snapped all right. I'd like to freakin' punch this prick in the face for making her like this," I said and they nodded their heads.

"Alex, come on," Sidney said as he stepped forward and placed his hand on her arm.

"She can't hear you," I said and then looked at me confused, "She got like this a lot when we were younger, I know Mel could explain it to you better than I could. The only thing I can tell you, is that this kid, Ovechkin really, really pissed her off, and I like mean, she's more pissed off now, than she was with you guys."

Geno took a deep breath and exhaled and then patted Sidney's shoulders, "Whelp, she's all yours buddy!"

"Thanks," he said and then nudged his head and we all left, leaving the two of them alone.