Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 034:

Chapter Thirty Four
-Sidney-
I put the toilet lid down and then sat down looking at Alex and waiting for her to come back to the world of the living. She looked so disgusted that it made me want to go up to Ovechkin and punch him. I sighed and then picked my hand up and place it on hers, I could feel her shaking and I bit the inside of my lip and stood up. I gripped her fingers underneath the sink and then pealed them off of the sink, she gasped and then I felt her bend over.

"Alex?"

She looked at me and then turned the water on and splashed her face. She cursed and then rubbed her face and pulled her fingers through her hair, "I did it, didn't I?"

"Did what?"

"Blacked out?" she asked and I nodded my head, "Dammit!"

"Hey, hey, hey, it's all right, I'm here," I said and then pulled her over towards me and hugged her. I felt her grip my shirt and then dig her head into my chest, "What did he say to you?" I asked and she shook her head, "Alex, come on. Maybe if you talk to someone, you'll feel better. Aren't you the one who's always telling me to calm down," I teased and tried to get a smiled or a smirk, anything, on her face, but nothing.

"I-I," she sighed and I sat on the toilet lid and pulled her onto my lap.

"Alex."

"We were trash talking one another, and he told me that I should watch my mouth or he'll have to do something about it. I told him, I'd like to see you try," she said and then I felt her fists clench, "He told me that didn't want to have to throw me into the boards again, although I might like it," I closed my eyes and then wrapped my arms around her neck and hugged her, "I dealt with assholes all my life saying shit like that, but this guy, I don't know, just thinking about him, it makes my blood boil."

“I know, trust me I know,” I said and shed nuzzled her head into my neck and I held her close, “Don’t worry, it’ll all work out, just do what you always tell me, calm down.”

I managed to get her to laugh and I smiled and kissed her forehead, “Thanks you.”

“Hey, that’s what I’m here for,” I said and she pressed her lips to mine and I heard a knock on the bathroom door.

“You guys all right?” I heard Sam ask and we pulled away.

“She was really worried about you.”

-Alex-
James, Sam, Geno, Sidney and I were all sitting on the couch flipping through the channels. I had apologized to everyone about my blackout and I felt bad for scaring Sam. She was at the moment fast asleep, laying her head on a pillow that was placed on James’ lap, and he was playing with her hair. Geno, who was in control of the remote, was petting Zeus who was lying on his lap, and I was cuddled on next to Sidney with his arm wrapped around my shoulder.

We heard the front door burst open and someone yell my name. The door slammed closed and running up the stairs, “Alex!”

My eyes widened when I saw my Dad there looking around the room, “Dad?”

“I heard about your black out?! Are you all right? What happened?” he asked and then started saying other things but he was talking too fast, I couldn’t understand him.

“Dad, Dad, calm down, I’m fine now. Sorry, I didn’t mean to worry you,” I said and he sighed and then sat down on the couch.

“Oh good, what happened?”

“Just some hockey player got under my skin,” I said and Geno snorted and I threw my pillow at him.

“What did he say?”

“Just something perverted, nothing I can’t handle,” I said and my Dad nodded his head.

“How’s the whole divorce thing going?”

“Your Mother’s being a pain in the ass. She’s the one who wanted it, and now she won’t sign the damn papers. The woman can take my house, my car, most of my money, but she still wants to be married to me.”

“Wow, that’s messed up,” Geno said and Dad nodded his head.

“Yeah,” he said and sighed, “I need a drink.”

“Dad, come on, you said you were cutting back on alcohol!”

“Shut up, Alex!” he barked as he walked over towards the kitchen.

“Wow,” Geno said and then looked at me, “Now I know where she gets that from.”

“Shut up, Geno!”

“See!” Geno said and James and Sidney laughed.

“So Mr. Conners!” James called and I looked over towards him.

“Please, Randy.”

“Ok, Randy, how are Alex’s blackouts caused?”

‘…Jerk, why do you have to bring that up? I was trying to forget…’ I thought as I sighed and shook my head.

“Well, it started with her Mother. And Lord knows that with that woman, you need as much control as you can get.”

“You managed pretty well,” I said and he nodded his head.

“Well, you’re more your Mother than you are me,” he said and I growled and crossed my arms.

“I’m nothing like her.”

“Uh huh, you keep telling yourself that.”

“Dad!”

“I’m just being honest here!” he said and took a swig of his beer, “But anyways, her and her Mother would constantly be going at it, and at least ninety percent of the time the arguments were about hockey. You know when she was nine she ran away and the first place I checked was the ice rink.”

“I remember,” I said and smiled, “You told me that we could stay here an extra hour just to freak Mom out even more.”

Dad laughed and then nodded his head, “You convinced me to get onto the ice with you and I fell on my ass and broke my butt,” he said and we all laughed, “Damn thing hurt,” he said and then sighed, “I will give you this, Lexi. You do have my personality in you. You and I are what Sam here,” he said and pointed towards her sleeping form, “calls bottlers. We bottle everything up and when there’s enough pressure in the chamber, we explode.”

I nodded my head, because I will agree, that’s what I am, “I know.”

“You know! Don’t we have another family member who plays hockey?”

“Yeah, Brandon, he plays for the Bruins.”

“Bruins? That’s Boston’s team right?”

“Yeah.

“See, I’ve been doing my homework,” he said and I laughed and smiled towards me Dad, “I found a place, I have a car, and I’m totally broke.”

“Welcome to the life of a single and ready to mingle person!” Geno praised and I shook my head.

“You take my Dad to the stripe club, and I’ll drown you in the hot tub!”

“Did I mention that she gets her humor from me too?” my Dad said and I shook my head.