Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 035:

Chapter Thirty Five
“Say what now?” I asked as I looked at my Coach wanting to know if I heard him correctly.

“The editors for the NHL magazine and I think People too, would like to have an interview and a photo shoot with you. And I think the NHL magazine wants to interview everyone because we are standing at number one in the division, number one in the conference and number two in the league.”

“Yeah, standings whatever, but- Photo shoot? Interview? I hate those things!” I said and Coach sighed and shrugged his shoulder.

“Nothing I can do. They’re here, and they’re doing their job,” he said and I growled.

“It won’t be that bad,” Sidney said and I shook my head and rubbed my face.

“I look like an idiot every time I get in front of a camera.”

“No you don’t,” he said and I smiled and then heard the door to the locker room open.

Almost two weeks have gone by; we played the Devils twice, the Senators, the Jets and the Buffalo Sabres yesterday, which was another new team for me. We won all of the games and the Penguins were starting to be looked at by everyone. I was happy to rub it in Brandon’s face that we out ranked in everything, and man it felt good.

This morning, Coach called the team into the locker room and announced to us that we were going to be in a photo shoot, excuse me while I jump for joy. Some of the guys were excited about it, but most of us, we weren’t.

The girls that were going to do our clothes and make up came in and the boys were taken away in groups. The NHL magazine was up first, the girls dressed me in my jersey, and only my jersey. They did my hair, leaving it down and curling it a little, my makeup and had me pose seductively while holding a stick behind my head and holding it on both ends. My head tilted down and my boobs pressed out, a sly smirk on my lips, and my hips tilted to my left. My jersey, without my gear underneath, ended at my thighs and I was thankful, because if it came up any higher, I would be exposing more than just a good chunk of my legs. The girls put me in black pumps and had a small fan on me to give a dramatic affect to my hair.

By the end of that time, they changed me into a tight dark blue long sleeve dress that ended at my thighs. I was in knee length tan boots that matched the tan scarf that they laid nicely around my neck; I will admit that it was a cute outfit.

“Hey, do I get to keep the outfits?” I asked and the girls laughed and nodded their heads, “Sweet!”

They left my hair curly, but placed it in a side pony tail and placed my some major bling on my wrist.

“Sadly the bracelet you can’t keep,” the one girl said and I sighed.

“It’s beautiful,” I said as I looked at the diamond studded bracelet.

“All right, let’s go,” the manager said and the girls walked me out of the room.

The led me towards the ice where I saw the guys heading, “Oh, there is no way I can walk out onto the ice in these shoes! I’ll fall.”

“Don’t worry, they have a carpet out,” the manager said and then I nodded my head.

“Alex are you ready?!” the photographer asked and I walked out onto the ice.

The guys whistled at me and I smirked and shook my head. I looked at the guys and saw that they were dressed nicely and I was a little impressed on how some of the guys looked in their fancy suits.

“Damn girl, where have you been all my life,” Geno said and I laughed and patted his cheek.

“Still living in the clouds,” I said and then stood next to Sidney.

“You look nice.”

“So do you, snazzy tie,” I said and he snorted and shook his head.

They took a couple pictures of the team and then said that they wanted to shoot one more picture of me. They asked me to suit up in my full uniform and I nodded my head and headed back to the locker room.

When I came out the stadium lights were dim and I staked out and then went over towards me. They handed me a stick and then told me to pose as if I were facing off, I nodded my head and then did I was told. There was a woman who came over and moved me in whatever way the photographer wanted me and then basically told me to freeze.

After a few more shoots like that, I went back to the locker room and changed into my jeans and t-shirt that I arrived in. People came into the room and started to ask my questions about my life, what got me into hockey, my reasons for staying with it, my family life, my friends, life from each team I was on, feelings about winning the cup last year, how I keep in shape, things like that. I was talking to this woman for about an hour or so, before she finally finished up and left.

“See, you got through that fine,” I heard Sidney say as he walked into the room. I looked up and smirked towards him and then shook my.

“I guess,” I said and then got up and we walked out of the igloo and headed over towards our cars.

“You wanna go somewhere?” Sidney asked and I looked at him.

“Like where?”

“A hockey game?” he asked and I laughed.

“Are you serious?”

“Yeah, let’s go to a Baby Pens game,” he said and I smiled and nodded my head.

“All right, when’s the game?”

“Tomorrow.”

I looked at my watch and saw that it was only a little after twelve thirty, “Sure, we gunna come back on Wednesday?”

“Yeah, a little time away,” he said and I smiled.

We had a game on Wednesday, but that was a home game at night, and we would be back way before then.

“I’m in,” I said and he smiled.

“All right,” he said and we got into our cars and then headed back to our places so that we could pack for our little two nights away.

Sam helped me pack and told me that I should bring some sexy clothes. Valentine’s Day was on Thursday and Sidney was going to be in New York for some kind of press conference, so we were just going to celebrate it a little early.

“I’m excited for this trip,” I said and Sam laughed and nodded her head.

“And he kind of sprung it on you?”

“Yeah, in the parking lot before we left,” I said and she smirked.

“I think he’s been planning this for a while,” she said and I shook my head.

“Whatever,” I said and then closed my bag and picked it up, “Damn Sam, we’re only going for two nights, not a month!”

She laughed and then we walked downstairs and I heard the front door open and Sidney appeared through the stairwell.

“Ready?” he asked and I nodded my head. When he saw my suitcase he looked at me funny, “You do realize that we’re only going for two nights, right?”

“Trust me when I say this Sidney. There’s nothing in that bag, that you’re not going to be grateful that I packed,” Sam said and she walked past Sidney and patted his shoulder.

“Ok, I’m shutting up,” he said and then grabbed my bag and wrapped his other arm around my waist, “Let’s hit the road.”

I nodded my head and then kissed Sarabi and the other dogs goodbye and then hopped into Sidney’s Range Rover and we were on the road to Wilkes-Barre.