Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 039:

Chapter Thirty Nine
-Alex-
“Damn Alex! You’re on the cover of People and the NHL magazine!” Mel said as she walked into my house with both magazines in her hand, “Holy shit, you look sexy on People!”

I looked over towards her and she handed me the magazines. The People magazine had the seductively posed picture on the cover and had a little box next to my head saying who I was and for people to turn to page twenty six for my life story. I shook my head and then looked at the NHL magazine to see that they actually made my look like a hockey player. They had the picture of me in my uniform and looking like I was about to face off. I liked how they added the affect of my breath being seen, it looked really cool.

“So?” I looked at Mel confused and she laughed, “Can I be the first person to get you to sign the cover of my magazines?!” she asked excited and I laughed and granted her request sign both covers.

Almost a month had gone by and the new issues of People and NHL magazine were released and I was on the front cover of both of them. They were excited to show me off and wanted people to know who I was. We had played about ten games, and last week we played in Florida against the Panthers, which was awesome, because I loved getting away from the cold weather and we won that game too.

We won most of the games, but lost some and ended up dropping from number one in the division and to number two, with the Devils now leading the number one spot for now.

I walked over towards the fridge to look at the calendar to see that next week was the big game, the game against the Bruins and for me to show my cousin that I was better than him. I was a little mad, because his team was doing well, and they were number one in their division for over a month now. Some of my family from Texas was going to come up and see this game. Brandon’s Mother and Father, Scott and Sherry, along with his little brother, Logan and then our other cousin, Amanda with her four year old daughter, and my goddaughter, Addison were going to be flying up and staying at my house for a week. They arrived next Monday, which luckily I didn’t have a game that day so I would be home when they got to my house. The next day was the big game and everyone was excited for it, but I think that I was the most. Wednesday Brandon wasn’t flying out until that afternoon, so he would be able to go out and have dinner with his family. But Thursday we had an away game against the Toronto Maple Leafs, so I would have to leave my family for the day, because I wouldn’t be back until the next day, then Saturday was a home game against the New York Rangers, and Sunday was the another game against the Bruins.

My phone rang and Mel answered it, “Oh, hold on she’s right here,” Mel looked at me and then held out the phone, “It’s Brandon.”

I smirked and then grabbed the phone, “Hey, I was just thinking about you.”

“Oh really?” he asked and I laughed.

“Yeah, just thinking about what your facial reaction is gunna be when we beat you next week!”

“Oh, I think you got your sentence mixed up, because you guys are going to be the ones being beaten!” he said and I snorted and then heard my front door open and cheers come into my house.

‘…Boys are here…’

“What the hell?” Brandon asked hearing all the yelling and I saw as James, Geno and Sidney walked up the stairs.

“Some are the guys are here,” I said and Brandon laughed

“Alex! Alex! Alex!” the guys cheered as they walked up the stairs and then came over towards me.

“Shut up!” I laughed and Sidney wrapped his arm around my waist and kissed my cheek.

“Congratulations.”

“Eh, it’s not that exciting,” I said and he laughed, “Now go away, I’m on the phone!”

“Man Crosby, you have one hot girlfriend!!!” Geno yelled as he held the People magazine up.

“And what the hell do you have?! Chop liver!” Mel yelled from the kitchen and I laughed.

“Dog house for you boy!” I yelled and Sidney and James laughed.

“Girlfriend?” Brandon asked hearing what Geno said and I sighed and then smacked Geno upside the head.

“Yeah, I’ll explain when you get here. Just don’t tell anyone, please.”

“All right,” he said and I smiled.

“Thanks.”

“So I called to talk to you about my parents coming up,” he said and I saw Geno walking over towards Mel trying to suck up to her.

“Yeah, I was just looking at their flight schedule; they’ll be in on Monday, I think it said around three.”

“Ok- Oh hey! I saw you on the cover of NHL!” he said and I laughed, “Not bad!”

“Thanks,” I said and then heard some yelling on Brandon’s end of the line, “What was that?”

“Oh, that’s just Lucic yelling about you being on the cover,” he said and I sighed, “Are you on another cover?”

“Yeah, People,” I answered and then heard some more yelling and then Brandon was yelling ‘Calm yourself, that’s my cousin’, I laughed and shook my head and felt arms wrap around my waist. I looked up and saw Sidney smile towards me and I leaned back against him.

“What the hell is this?!” Brandon yelled and I was confused.

“What?”

“You on People!”

“You’re looking at it?”

“Yeah, had to pry it off of my teammates.”

“Ew,” I said understanding what was going on over there, “Trust me, I didn’t want to do it, but I had no choice.”

“Did your Mom see it?”

“Don’t know- Oh did you hear that they’re getting a divorce?”

“Yeah my Mom told me, sorry.”

“Naw, it’s no big deal. Dad moved up to Pittsburgh and I get to spend a lot of time with him now,” I said.

“Well that’s good, is he gunna be at the game?”

“You better believe it. I managed to reserve a box suite for eight people.”

“Why eight?”

“Your parents and brother, Amanda and Addison, and then Mel, Sam, and my Dad,” I explained.

“Oh, I didn’t know Amanda and little Addy were coming.”

“Yeah, I can’t wait to see my goddaughter!” I squealed and Brandon laughed.

“Are you going to have enough room for everyone?”

“Yeah, I have two guest bedrooms, your parents can be in one and Amanda and Addison in the other.”

“What about Logan?”

“I’ll set up an air mattress in the game room and he can stay there.”

“Oh, well that sounds good- Hey! I told you to stop that! She’s my cousin!” I heard Brandon yell on the phone and I had to pull the phone away because it was loud, “Sorry Alex, I have to go, I’ll call you some other time.”

“All right, talk to you later, Brandon, love you,” I said and then hung up the phone. I turned around and looked at Sidney and smiled, “Hi there.”

“Hi,” he laughed and then pressed his lips to mine and I heard James gagging.

“Oh go find your girlfriend!” I yelled and he laughed.

“Where is she?”

“Work,” I said and he sighed.

“I don’t want her to work, that means she’s not going to be here when I come here,” he whined and I walked up behind him and wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him.

“You’ll survive.”

Sam always loved to write, she was known for her writing and she use to work at an old newspaper company when she was fifteen, until it went under. She went to school for journalism and was happy when she got a job at the Pittsburgh Post for writing articles for the sports edition.

“You know, it’s funny how Sam writes the sports in the newspaper, Mel is the weekend sports announcer for the one local news channel, and Alex is a professional athlete,” James said and I laughed and nodded my head.

“Funny how three friends come together for our love of sports,” I said and Sidney smirked.